Skip to main content
Topic: Sam Rowe NAB Cup Captain. (Read 10583 times) previous topic - next topic

Sam Rowe NAB Cup Captain.

Sam Rowe will be our skipper in the NAB Cup opening game against West Coast. Murphy, Gibbs, Jammo all missing.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Re: Sam Rowe NAB Cup Captain.

Reply #1
Come a long way Sammy, big congrats on the achievement

Reply #3
He has earned the gig, good luck to him!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
i'll be there, not really followed the off season, I wont know who the heck is who! ;D
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #6
Good for him and looking forward to seeing the newies. Lots of them and hope most get a run.

Reply #7
Just remember  guys ,this is a practice match we have alot of new players ,while the Coasters have nearly a full squad .If we get flogged lets not get carried away how bad the season will be 

Reply #8
Just remember  guys ,this is a practice match we have alot of new players ,while the Coasters have nearly a full squad .If we get flogged lets not get carried away how bad the season will be

The voice of reason... like it. I like the approach of the club here... blood the newbies, give them a taste against a pretty good outfit on their own dung hill.

Huge congrats to Sammy Rowe. Deserved.

Also looking forward to testing out my International Membership live streaming of the game (and every other game). Yep, living OS for at least the next 2 years - gonna really miss going to the NB games but I suspect I will fly in a couple of times and then hope to get to an NBs game.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #9
NAB cup form, good or bad, gets people excited - happens every year. I wouldn't expect this year to be any different.

We'll get smashed or make the final (or God help us win the thing)  and someone will jump up and make a point that it must mean something - probably backed up by dubious stats of past performance -  and once again we'll see that it has no reflection during the real stuff.

Reply #10
Hey baggers, the AFL international subscription is good value and doesn't require huge download speeds. Its only the channel 7 or foxtel coverage but it works pretty well and any game can be watched on demand.  They have a couple of footy shows as well, but with the usual talking heads such as Garry Lyon appearing it is best avoided. It helps deliver the footy fix without too much fuss.

Looking forward to the Friday (morning) game with few expectations other than seeing some of the newer players do well.  Particularly keen to see how the forward line sets up with the changes we have had.

Reply #11
NAB cup form, good or bad, gets people excited - happens every year. I wouldn't expect this year to be any different.

We'll get smashed or make the final (or God help us win the thing)  and someone will jump up and make a point that it must mean something - probably backed up by dubious stats of past performance -  and once again we'll see that it has no reflection during the real stuff.

Didn't we win all our games last year? Then go 0-4?

As long as the kids get a run, i couldn't give a toss what the scoreline reads.

Reply #12

Agree....its about development and not getting any more injured players...couldnt care less about the results...

Reply #13

Remember beating North but after that can't remember who else we played. No great intensity in these games. I find the important part  is looking at individuals and how they go not the overall score/result. If you go just to look at the game it's can be most uninspiring. Went to practice game 2 years ago and asked myself 10 min into the first qtr why I was there.

Reply #14
I agree with all that feel this is an important way for the young kids to get a run at AFL level and see what potential we have to work with.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.