Skip to main content
Topic: R4 vs North in Tassie - In-Game thread (Read 19109 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R4 vs North in Tassie - In-Game thread

Reply #60
We've had one period of enjoyment in footy since 2001, between 2008-13, which gave us some hope and fun. That list was never that good though beyond the cream on top so we were never going to win the big one, but at least you got to look forward to the footy each week thinking you were a shot. We need that period, where there was real effort and commitment combined with some of the players we have recently drafted.

your right, but in a parallel universe, im happy tigers reached the heights we thought we'd get to, despite at times being ahead of them.
I hate saying it, but murphy has been our Achilles heel . Simply not a leader and just too soft, Cant wait til he retires.

Reply #61
Unwatchable.

We have absolutely nothing to get excited about.

We are a rabble.  

Reply #62
I know Jack gets a lot of love around here, but gee I reckon he's ordinary. Another average trier. How many of this type do we have ?

Reply #63
Our first coherent piece of play, just before half time.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #64
At last Garletts tackle is rewarded
Weiters has been limping for a quarter
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #65
This is as bad as I've seen since the Pagan days. It's like a Greek tragedy of epic proportions. I'm stunned we can be this bad against a team who I thought would win the wooden spoon. This year is over. Time to try and use the draft again to get better. Remind me again why we got so excited about getting Kennedy?? Sheesh.

Reply #67
I know Jack gets a lot of love around here, but gee I reckon he's ordinary. Another average trier. How many of this type do we have ?
Its certainly looking that way. But you could say that about alot of our players at the moment. Fumbles, missed kicks, missed hand balls, turn overs, dropped marks, slipped tackles, led to the ball at nearly every contest. I am struggling to find anything we are doing well. Skill errors and positioning is killing us. When a bloke like Jed Anderson plays well against you, you know your in strife. Just a team bereft of confidence on every line. Its hard to single out culprits, they whole team is terrible. Even Cripps, he's been good but he's been bad at the same time. The fiasco in the fwd line was embarassing.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #68
We are atrocious.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #69
Did Graham stay on?
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #70
No method going forward

Reply #71
Its certainly looking that way. But you could say that about alot of our players at the moment. Fumbles, missed kicks, missed hand balls, turn overs, dropped marks, slipped tackles, led to the ball at nearly every contest. I am struggling to find anything we are doing well. Skill errors and positioning is killing us. When a bloke like Jed Anderson plays well against you, you know your in strife. Just a team bereft of confidence on every line.

Don't worry GTC. Further to my earlier reference to history repeating, we'll probably get to R8, be sitting at 1-7, then Bolts will be sacked, just like 2015. Barker will take over, we'll win the spoon again, and on it goes.

Reply #72
We are atrocious.....
In a word, yes.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #74
Has Bolton lost the group? I think the question needs to be asked.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?