Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne (Read 111849 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne

Reply #120
Same.....

Reply #121
The dees might be a worse basket case than we are but one thing they can do is get their hands on the ball. They have a negative differential like we do but I don't think they have been as poor as we are in getting our hands on the pill first.

Its at either end of the ground were they are worse off than we are but I expect them to outpossess us on Saturday

Reply #122
The dees might be a worse basket case than we are but one thing they can do is get their hands on the ball. They have a negative differential like we do but I don't think they have been as poor as we are in getting our hands on the pill first.

Its at either end of the ground were they are worse off than we are but I expect them to outpossess us on Saturday

I think its telling that both of us seem to concede a lot of goals from turnovers, so this might be a positive for us.  If they keep wasting the ball, it may well be the best avenue to goal for us.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #123
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/carltons-youngsters-in-running-to-debut-against-winless-demons-20140408-zqs8x.html

Essendon great Matthew Lloyd also took aim at Blues skipper Marc Murphy, pointing out he had failed to remonstrate with Bombers youngster Jason Ashby after he had chested him.

‘‘I have got grave concerns for their leadership at Carlton. Their captain Marc Murphy, I want to know what he stands for,’’ Lloyd told Footy Classified.

‘‘This is harsh on him because, to me, he is still in their best two players but as a captain, this is a first gamer in Ashby who went up and chested Marc Murphy. He wouldn’t do that to Joel Selwood because Joel Selwood would come at him that hard.’’

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #124
It's not who we play this week it's how we play and approach it attitude-wise. Then if we literally  pump the crap out of them as we should, then it's how we continue to play and approach it attitude-wise week in, week out, not a once or twice off.  If  the attitude is consistently decent we plays finals, if it's crap we're bottom 6. We've shown the last 5 years the list is good enough to make finals (although not good enough for top 4 bar one year) but if you don't work had enough on a consistent basis then you go no-where.

Reply #125
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/carltons-youngsters-in-running-to-debut-against-winless-demons-20140408-zqs8x.html

Essendon great Matthew Lloyd also took aim at Blues skipper Marc Murphy, pointing out he had failed to remonstrate with Bombers youngster Jason Ashby after he had chested him.

‘‘I have got grave concerns for their leadership at Carlton. Their captain Marc Murphy, I want to know what he stands for,’’ Lloyd told Footy Classified.

‘‘This is harsh on him because, to me, he is still in their best two players but as a captain, this is a first gamer in Ashby who went up and chested Marc Murphy. He wouldn’t do that to Joel Selwood because Joel Selwood would come at him that hard.’’

He is right.....

Reply #126

He is right.....

Yes he is...and he is accurate.

I thought the same on Sunday night watching the game and have mentioned this for years. Soft footballers we have. Getting pushed around and not sticking up for themselves or eachother.

We have a pi$$ poor list with regards to talent and aggressiveness.

We need more than just a Patrick Dangerfield, we need a clean out of the list - not 3 players of this % rubbish either - a list cleanout of the soft unaccountable players with below average skill levels.

Its not good enough who and what we have. I refer to the list, development, the VFL, the academy, staffing re list manger and head recruiter.

Haven't for ages and the weekend was great for the reason that it exposed the club and players - we simply need this to happen!

Now let's start to get it right and ASAP!!!

We need strong on field leaders too - we ain't got em!

Scott Selwood from WCE and Pat Dangerfield from the Crows for be good starts. They bring AFL skill and talent for sure but also leadership, grunt and toughness.

I'd be looking at the careers of Gibbs, Waite, Garlett, Yarran, Warnock, Kreuzer and Jamison (high profile types) quite closely. Not saying get em out but looking closely.

Reply #127
We have averaged around 5 goals more per game conceded from turnovers compared to the Demons.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #128
What's going on with Brock McLean?

He can't even get a touch in the seconds and looks skinny and weak.

Even removed his Twitter account. :o

Reply #129
Guess the crowd at the MCG.    

I will go for 89.

Reply #130
I'm taking 3 clients, so that's 4.  ::)

Reply #132
I rang the club to ask what time the game was scheduled to start - they asked "When could you get there?"
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #133
I expect them to implement a "lock-in" policy.

Those that are in there won't be allowed to leave regardless of long-term health and psychological damage