Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne (Read 111831 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne

Reply #195
Dropping Waite was harsh given the delivery and supply...there was none of either. If we wanted to change things with regard to Waite then I would have played him at CHB and let Henderson and Casboult play forward for the future.

Bell was a bit unlucky given the quarter he played was ok but he hasnt been using the ball well and has to learn or be moved on.

Lucas...another deckchair on the Titanic being shuffled...

Scotland.....well he does use the ball well and  provides some leadership...

Reply #196
I have a very bad feeling about this match, I'm thinking the worst actually.   :-[
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #197
Pretty clear that we are tanking.  Lucas.... he did exactly what last week in the 2's?

With only four decent sized blokes (I don't count Warnock) that must be the shortest side we have ever put on the park...  if it isn't a bog heap...

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #198
With the right head space, this side is good enough to get over the line in this game. The question is what do they have between their ears ? If that isn't working we will quickly go 0-4.

If they are hard wired to crash and crunch this game, it could be one of our easier victories of the last few seasons. Which side comes to play is all that counts.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #199
Good to see some changes.

How long since we've had a young draftee play so early? Well done to him!

Reply #200
How Robert Warnock continues to be picked to play for our club is beyond me.

Reply #201

Genius as work.

Only person who might have a chance of kicking a few and maybe getting some form back is omitted.

Pity he's also one lazy mofo....
Good on Mick for dropping him...

Reply #202

Yeh, so in the preseason e picked up Wood for what reason? Kreuzer on LTI list would be a good time to elevate him I thought :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #203

x2....I guess the club went after him hard and are paying good money so they feel obligated to play him...
Hitouts mean nothing these days if your mids are good ....the old fashioned follower who can get around the ground
like Carlilse showed is more useful in the modern game.
Mick said he wanted players who can play more than one position yet maintains faith in Warnock who can play only one and not that well apart from hitouts.

Reply #204
Dropping Waite was harsh given the delivery and supply...there was none of either. If we wanted to change things with regard to Waite then I would have played him at CHB and let Henderson and Casboult play forward for the future.

Bell was a bit unlucky given the quarter he played was ok but he hasnt been using the ball well and has to learn or be moved on.

I would have done the same with Waite.   Thought he played some pretty good football at CHB and provides a bit of run.

We have a team of turnover merchants.   Bells needs to learn to play within his limitations.    But he is not Robinson Crusoe.     

I would push Walker forward.     He is a liability by foot in the back half.

Reply #205

I would have done the same with Waite.   Thought he played some pretty good football at CHB and provides a bit of run.

We have a team of turnover merchants.   Bells needs to learn to play within his limitations.    But he is not Robinson Crusoe.     

Agree on Walker.....he gets frustrated down back and loses his cool, he was a 50 goal forward for us under Ratten and given we struggle to kick goals its a no brainer IMO.

Reply #206

Agree on Walker.....he gets frustrated down back and loses his cool, he was a 50 goal forward for us under Ratten and given we struggle to kick goals its a no brainer IMO.

Just give him the freedom to run and lead in the forward line... and stay there, no of this flooding crap ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #207
Waite's misses at critical stages in all 3 games is a mental weakness that infects the entire team. Dropping him is right call IMO.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #208

But he tore it up in the back line last year and we all said thats where he belongs. Whats changed?

2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #209