Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 436602 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #556
Bit like an evening out with some of my wifes relo's......😜

😂  😂  😂 Classic.

Know the feeling... bit like my brother's missus, but none of us have the heart to tell him. She'd chew the nuts off a school bus if you put food, any food, on them.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #557
Safest form of transport in the world Baggers.   if you did fly every day of your life, probability indicates that it would take you nineteen thousand years before you would succumb to a fatal accident. Nineteen thousand years!   That's a fact ... and 15 times safer than a train   

Yep, I'm aware of that but PTSD and anx stuff don't give a crap about facts. Hard to explain mate. It's also about the confined space.

Reply #558
I get it Baggers.  I've seen it all, no doubt so have you :)

Had a friend petrified of it and took her ballooning one morning.  It fixed nothing 

Reply #559

Had a friend petrified of it and took her ballooning one morning.  It fixed nothing 
I have a close mate same age as me, never flown, never will. I also no someone who was killed in a passenger accident.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #560
I'm very much the fatalist GTC.  I understand fear of flying ... I had to for the career I chose.

Yet I've seen big guys faint at the sight of a needle.   We all have something we individually fear, most choose not to admit it.  Perfect example?  Fevola and Warne with his arachnophobia.

Nicest thing I've seen from the Fev

Reply #561
Experiences and perceptions are everything.

Years ago, I had a associate who was into Skydiving, one day his primary chute failed to open, his secondary didn't open initially, eventually opened but not fully and he had a hard landing fracturing his ankle. He never flew or skydived again! In reality, the chance of that ever happening twice to the same person is almost impossible, after that event he would probably have been safer than ever before.

I travelled a lot for work, into areas that could be disturbing for some, Jakarta, Germany and Sri Lanka after terrorist bombings and riots, immediately after such human made events was probably the safest time to be there. Probably the closest miss was being in Christchurch just a day or so before one of the big earthquakes, but natural disasters like earthquakes, volcanoes and tsunamis do not follow the same rules.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #562
Years ago, I had a associate who was into Skydiving, one day his primary chute failed to open, his secondary didn't open initially, eventually opened but not fully and he had a hard landing fracturing his ankle.

Ask cosmonaut Vladimir Komarov (Russia Soyuz 1 flight - April 1967) His primary chute failed, his secondary fouled with the first and his capsule hit the earth faster than a bullet.  Weird how things eventuate, but an American astronaut attended his funeral in the USSR and the Cold War was effectively over by that payment of respect. 

Reply #563

I used to love flying. It wasn't until I was 42 when the PTSD etc emerged that I suddenly feared flying and for a period of a couple of years couldn't even leave the family home! So it wasn't a phobia... just good old severe anxiety. I'll still fly today, and look forward to it and am terrified/traumatised at the same time, and need 'drug' help.

If we ever meet up at the footy one day I'll explain the huge difference between a phobia and Post Traumatic Stress.

Reply #564
Not a life I'd choose for anyone Baggers. 

Reply #565
Ask cosmonaut Vladimir Komarov (Russia Soyuz 1 flight - April 1967) His primary chute failed, his secondary fouled with the first and his capsule hit the earth faster than a bullet.  Weird how things eventuate, but an American astronaut attended his funeral in the USSR and the Cold War was effectively over by that payment of respect. 
Well they say you learn something every day, I just did. Thank Cap.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #566
I was listening to the radio this morning on my walk, one thing for sure this CovidSafe App has brought out all the nut jobs in our society. They should have tracking devices for them if you ask me.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #567
I'm really torn on this one.   Used properly this could really help our community, BUT  I trust this neo-liberal government about as far as I can spit a bus.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #568
No, refuse to do it under any circumstances

Reply #569
Good old Barnaby.... "not getting it,  they don't need to track me".  The prick should be wearing an ankle tracking bracelet as it is

If members of government won't get the app due to concerns,  zero confidence why we should.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?