Skip to main content
Topic: Best 22 in 21 (Read 10138 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Best 22 in 21

Reply #120
F*** people have short memories.

R1 vs Tigers last year.

Jack Martin - 17 disposals, 6 marks, 4.1 - 1 brownlow vote

He is the 1 player that performed last year. We need to worry about the other 21 blokes.

Reply #121

R1 vs Tigers last year.

He is the 1 player that performed last year. We need to worry about the other 21 blokes.
 Not as a fulltime mid, and after that he slid down the pecking order considerably.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #122
Not as a fulltime mid, and after that he slid down the pecking order considerably.

By slid down the order you mean started having calf issues.

When fit, he is dominant, regardless of the opposition.

2020 (R2 onwards) is not a good measure of form. So many variables once the game went into lockdown and was reborn in hubs.

The AFL doco shows the effect it had on Eddie being away from his family. Clearly explains the lack of form he had.

Reply #123

2020 (R2 onwards) is not a good measure of form. So many variables once the game went into lockdown and was reborn in hubs.

The AFL doco shows the effect it had on Eddie being away from his family. Clearly explains the lack of form he had.
Martin has a history we can see from another club and glowing assessments do not seem to match long term exposed form, I think fans expect too much, he's not the messiah and he can't fix all problems in all positions.

Martin's a nice footballer when used to his strengths, I don't think fulltime mid will be one of them, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #124
Well be lucky to get within 10 goals of the tigers.

The horror start... The huge on field holes.
  Looks like another nothing season.   I'd be mentally preparing for Cripps running around in different colours next year and a new coach.

Geez i thought i was negative :)

I think it will be a tough ask to beat them but i will give us to round 5 or 6 before declaring another failed season.

Agree we need to get a full list up and running fast to stand any chance against the better teams.

Reply #125

He had injuries but over his 100 games with GC he was never a big possie winner, or could keep up those games like he had vs the Tigers every week. I like him for his skills and he is a nice player to watch but he is more of a burst player than a full on workhorse for 100 minutes. We dont want him doing hack work or getting banged up and need to save him for the silky stuff that gets us goals.

Reply #126
We dont want him doing hack work or getting banged up and need to save him for the silky stuff that gets us goals.
Yep, for me he's the A-Grade finisher we've missed for a long time.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #127
Martin has a history we can see from another club and glowing assessments do not seem to match long term exposed form, I think fans expect too much, he's not the messiah and he can't fix all problems in all positions.

Martin's a nice footballer when used to his strengths, I don't think fulltime mid will be one of them, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.
I think it was Blight who said Martin had the best highlights video and was the most talented junior he has ever seen.

Now if he could put that together 100% of the time, he'd be the greatest player to ever play the game....but its not sustainable, nor possible.

Accept him for what he is. When he is on, he is unstoppable. When he isn't, he still chases and tackles.
I'll take that.

Reply #128

R1 vs Tigers last year.

And didn't he kick the 4 all in one quarter (Q3 iirc).

Got us back in the game....

After being down by 5 majors at quarter time (ouch).
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #129
And didn't he kick the 4 all in one quarter (Q3 iirc).

Got us back in the game....

After being down by 5 majors at quarter time (ouch).

Correct, kicked all 4 in the 3rd quarter.

We were down by 31 at 1/4 time,  46 at half time, 34 at 3/4 time and we kicked the first 3 of the last to get within 15 points before losing by 24.