Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 24 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs GWS (Read 9206 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 24 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs GWS

Game at 18:10; I have no idea why. Certainly not doing either team many favours.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 24 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs GWS

Reply #1
Changes:  Out Cripps (managed...he didn't go down into the rooms in the 2nd quarter to check the 2 nd leg of the quaddie!) Hollands (managed , give the kid  decent rest.) E Curnow (sub)
In Cerra, Walsh, Silvagni (sub)

Reply #2
Maybe the loss we have to have this time. At this stage, GWS are putting a huge dagger into the hearts of Essendon for this season. Therefore, while hoping for a win, if a loss occurs, I will have to forgive the Giants for what they're doing now.

Reply #3
But I'm off to watch the Matildas for the last time. More on my thoughts of who to come in and out later.

Reply #4
We won't finish lower than 6th which is a home Elmination Final.

Bulldogs will belt West Coast

GWS will beat Essenscum.

If Geelong beat Saints we are guaranteed 5th.

Reply #5
We won't finish lower than 6th which is a home Elmination Final.

Bulldogs will belt West Coast

GWS will beat Essenscum.

If Geelong beat Saints we are guaranteed 5th.
We haven't managed a finish this high in 20 years.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
Probably time for a bit of man management....we'll be last to play so we'll see how all the final positions line up and can make a few late changes if a few players suddenly get sore ;)

We've had two pretty intense games.
GWS are cruising through there match at the moment.
They may have more to play for than us in the last game of the season.
Let's wait and see how it all pans out.

Reply #8
Probably time for a bit of man management....we'll be last to play so we'll see how all the final positions line up and can make a few late changes if a few players suddenly get sore ;)

We've had two pretty intense games.
GWS are cruising through there match at the moment.
They may have more to play for than us in the last game of the season.
Let's wait and see how it all pans out.
Indeed. A rest for Cripps for certain: we need him playing and playing well.
Having a few mids to bring in is a real positive.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9
Everyone will get a week off after the GWS game anyway.
Its almost worth bringing in a few guys who are coming back from injury just to give them a run before finals.

Going to be a pretty toucgh match committee meeting in the next couple of games.

Reply #10
There are plusses and minuses for both approaches.

On the one hand we want to maintain momentum.
On the other hand with a final spot secured it gives us an opportunity to give a good rest to our wounded.

Leave it to the coaches and fitness crew to decide whether we go full-on or not.

Reply #11
If we keep winning and make it to the grand final, we will equal our 2000 record of 13 wins in a row.
If we win the grand final, we will equal our record from 1995.

Lets just keep winning....

Reply #12
Last game before finals and with Harry rusty - need to play our best 22 to build synergy and have two weeks up our sleeve to iron out any problems that may arise. All I know whoever is going to be left out is seriously unlucky.

Reply #13
Keep Walsh in cotton wool. He's coming from a long way back. Changes to be minimal in my view.
Outs: Cripps (managed with ribs), Hollands (rested), E. Curnow (sub, one more swansong as a sub)
Ins: Cerra, Docherty

Reply #14
Keep Walsh in cotton wool. He's coming from a long way back. Changes to be minimal in my view.
Outs: Cripps (managed with ribs), Hollands (rested), E. Curnow (sub, one more swansong as a sub)
Ins: Cerra, Docherty

Docherty was already in. If Walsh is good to go, he must have a run. It's the perfect scenario for him. Have a serious hit out and then have 2 weeks to overcome the 'back after a long break' soreness.