Skip to main content
Topic: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG (Read 8271 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG

Reply #30
Van Rooyen got one week.  Martin's wasn't worse.

We should appeal.  Worst result should be down graded to one week.

Reply #32
Christian does stuff like this to distract the footy fans from him giving Maynard a clean sheet and the embarrassment of having the new CEO kybosh his ruling.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
His elbow was in when Newmans head hit it. It raised after the contact in an instinctual fashion when you bump.
Was unlucky, but not reportable Newman initiated contact.

Martin had a swinging arm, with a clenched fist that connected with his jaw. He went off the ground, holding his jaw, and was off for 10 minutes.

The optics of that means a week at best.
Complete BS. Parker was off the ground and used his elbow to fend off Newman who applied a tackle.
Geezus I wish you were my advocate at tribunal when all those blokes kept headbutting my fist

Reply #34
Remember when zach Merrett punched jsos late and he ended up with fractured ribs and was given one week for a love tap?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #35
Complete BS. Parker was off the ground and used his elbow to fend off Newman who applied a tackle.
Geezus I wish you were my advocate at tribunal when all those blokes kept headbutting my fist

I suggest you watch a replay again. When the head and elbow make contact, the elbow is hard against the body. Immediately afterwards is when it starts to raise. I watched it again this morning.

Parker was off the ground? He had the ball, he's allowed to be.

....unless you are talking about a completely different incident to what i'm thinking of.

Reply #36
Van Rooyen got one week.  Martin's wasn't worse.

We should appeal.  Worst result should be down graded to one week.

I wonder if it is worth it. Even a result of a week still leaves us a little vulnerable against the Demons. Maybe we bite the bullet and learn to survive without him. Bring Jack in for Harry and consider Kennedy or Hollands for Martin. I am wondering if Jack could take the place of Marchbank. I think under pressure Marchy is a slow thinker. I also wonder if Motlop should get a start up forward and consider Dow as a sub. Just some thoughts I guess the coach needs to consider with selections.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #37
I wonder if it is worth it. Even a result of a week still leaves us a little vulnerable against the Demons. Maybe we bite the bullet and learn to survive without him. Bring Jack in for Harry and consider Kennedy or Hollands for Martin. I am wondering if Jack could take the place of Marchbank. I think under pressure Marchy is a slow thinker. I also wonder if Motlop should get a start up forward and consider Dow as a sub. Just some thoughts I guess the coach needs to consider with selections.
Motlop in for Martin and Dow as sub seems reasonable...presume Jack will come in for Harry if fit.

Reply #38
I suggest you watch a replay again. When the head and elbow make contact, the elbow is hard against the body. Immediately afterwards is when it starts to raise. I watched it again this morning.
Parker was off the ground? He had the ball, he's allowed to be.
....unless you are talking about a completely different incident to what i'm thinking of.
Garbage. I've watched it plenty. Regardless of what you think, he hits him in the head. Plain and simple. It should have been a free kick against Parker at the very least for the high hit. Then at least it MAY have been looked at by our illustrious MRO

Reply #39
Garbage. I've watched it plenty. Regardless of what you think, he hits him in the head. Plain and simple. It should have been a free kick against Parker at the very least for the high hit. Then at least it MAY have been looked at by our illustrious MRO

There is a difference between getting hit in the head.
....and hitting your head.

Decades ago i think it was Scott Lucas who literally walked up to our defender (Bret Thornton?) and were face to face talking then lucas lowered his head and headbutted his chest. He was awarded a free kick for high contact. Thornton literally stood there while the guy walked over and headbutted him....and got penalised for it.

That is the same as what you are saying.
Head high contact was made in both instances.
Head high contact was due to the 'aggressor/tackler' in both instances.

Nobody is doubting Newmans head was hit.
But if you run into a brick wall.....you can't blame the brick wall if you hit your head in the process.

Reply #40
Same bat time
Same bat channel

7:50pm Friday at the MCG.

Really don't like this time slot.
Poor kid was so tired last week, and he's gotta go through it all again so soon.

Reply #41
2?...and Van Rooyen gets a week....sorry I'm confused. 
Indeed. Something not quite right here.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #42
Indeed. Something not quite right here.
Highlighted by Barettt and Cornes on the footy show. They couldn't believe it. Cornes said it was a waste of time because the club would appeal to get it down to one.

Reply #43
I swear they do it to get AFL on the news.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #44

Just another one on this.
Should Pittonet go for his 'high hit' on Heeney? Heeney went to tackle him and copped his shoulder straight into his head and went down holding it. FYI, 17minutes to go in the 3rd.