Skip to main content
Topic: AFL 2023 Preliminary Final Carlton vs Brisbane In Game Angst (Read 22986 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL 2023 Preliminary Final Carlton vs Brisbane In Game Angst

Reply #45
Why didn't we feed it to Martin instead of the other two tall timbers
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #46
A game to digest. A season to celebrate.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #47
Fought as hard as I've seen a Carlton side since the 90s.

We got the wrong end of the finals draw. If we finished 6th and got GWS's run we'd be playing next week in my opinion. We have to go through 2 of the hardest contested sides imaginable with our bodies falling apart and still missed by just 16pts. The other part of the draw was way easier work.

Reply #48
We held BrisVegas to a losing score but our inability to kick big scores for the past few weeks came back to haunt us. Our defensive game, and our defensive group is top notch. Our offensive game and mids to forwards connection, and forward line group, need work. We need more reward for effort.

As silly as it might seem, I'd rather lose a preliminary final than a grand final.

The boys will have learned so much from the back end of this season and especially our finals exposure.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #49
I said a few weeks ago that this might be our 1978 before our 1979. Similar situation where we had to turn a nasty looking season around.