Skip to main content
Topic: Round 10: Carlton vs Adelaide After Game Thread (Read 43763 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 10: Carlton vs Adelaide After Game Thread

Reply #105
They had 9 more scoring shots than us and won by 9 points. Deal with the facts.

Converting opportunties and inside 50s into scoring shots is good football.

They had 9 more SCORING shots, i agree. They did not have 9 more shots on goal though. FACT.

If you cannot see the difference in this, then you have just lost a lot of respect.

Reply #106
Another thing to like which some of us mentioned from last week's game.....and that is Everitt as a permanent forward. Give us another dimension, as he's not a designated 'tall forward' as such and I like the way he's prepared to lead and doesn't get in the way of the other big forwards. That's a big tick for John Barker right there, 'cos that move has only happened since Mick's departure.

And on another note - if I had to choose between Carrazzo & Curnow right now, I'd take Curnow everyday of the week.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #107
We are leading the clearances as the old coach was a big fan of grinding contested football. He missed the memo that clearances are ok, but you want clean ball from the contest and run and Carry from half back.

Geelong started it and we missed the memo.

Catching up now. Who's the other great clearance side? Gold Coast under Rocket Eade.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #108
Another thing to like which some of us mentioned from last week's game.....and that is Everitt as a permanent forward. Give us another dimension, as he's not a designated 'tall forward' as such and I like the way he's prepared to lead and doesn't get in the way of the other big forwards. That's a big tick for John Barker right there, 'cos that move has only happened since Mick's departure.

And on another note - if I had to choose between Carrazzo & Curnow right now, I'd take Curnow everyday of the week.

Everitt played that role in the preseason and did well. I fear injuries forced him elsewhere.

Now, he is playing the role we initially designated to Liam Jones....and doing a better job of it. It does help that we have Kreuzer, Wood, Casboult and Henderson rotating up forward to ease the load for Everitt. A luxury Mick never had.

One thing Mick was right on though, Matthew Kreuzer being the 'recruit of the year'. How much better do we look when he is in the side?!

Hopefully he stays fit.

Reply #109
I think Walker needs some time in the NBs. He was ordinary to unsighted yesterday.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #110
I think Walker needs some time in the NBs. He was ordinary to unsighted yesterday.

Unsighted? Only 4 players on the ground had the ball more than him.

I certainly wouldn't say it was anywhere near his best game, but i think the unsighted comment says more about you than him.

Reply #111
Very encouraging but I think we obviously need to see a bit more.
We've talked about the fact that our effort was a big improvement.
It certainly was...
but
Adelaide looked a little flat yesterday.
They seemed to be struggling towards the end but still managed to pull off the win
The Fremantle/Adelaide match last weekend may have been a bit taxing given that neither side has come up well this weekend.

Reply #112
We don't need that sort of reality Lods..

Reply #114
Unsighted? Only 4 players on the ground had the ball more than him.

I certainly wouldn't say it was anywhere near his best game, but i think the unsighted comment says more about you than him.

As far as I saw he did very little that could beconsidered noteworthy whether he had the ball or not. Careful about your personal comments too oh font of all knowledge.

Reply #115
As far as I saw he did very little that could beconsidered noteworthy whether he had the ball or not. Careful about your personal comments too oh font of all knowledge.

Personal comments? Implying you may want to get your eyes checked because he had the ball more than 30-odd other blokes out there? Thats a little bit precious isn't it?

I just think it's weird that you singled him out, and used the term unsighted of all things to justify it. Suggest he had a crap game by all means if you wish...but unsighted?  :o

Re: After Game Thread v Crows

Reply #118
@Mondy

Thought he was really good today mate. Really good. You'd think this is his last year. Can't cover the ground like he used to and that was one of his strengths.

We are at polar opposites on the value of Watson but I fully concur with your assessment of Carrots - a major contributor.

I think we might have won if he hadn't spent the last part of the game off the ground - injured?

Reply #119
Personal comments? Implying you may want to get your eyes checked because he had the ball more than 30-odd other blokes out there? Thats a little bit precious isn't it?

I just think it's weird that you singled him out, and used the term unsighted of all things to justify it. Suggest he had a crap game by all means if you wish...but unsighted?  :o

Mate, you want to talk about precious, you invented it! My eyes are fine even with glasses and whatever 1AW did with ball yesterday did not capture my attention. Now go and split that hair, that's your forte.