Skip to main content
Topic: Round 10: Carlton vs Adelaide After Game Thread (Read 43777 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 10: Carlton vs Adelaide After Game Thread

Reply #120

Henderson hands were back today

The big difference in Henderson's hands was that he didn't have an opponent knocking the ball out of them - Talia gave him so much latitude I thought Matthew Watson had switched clubs and was wearing #12.

Henderson is a very smart player but not a great contested mark.

Reply #121
The big difference in Henderson's hands was that he didn't have an opponent knocking the ball out of them - Talia gave him so much latitude I thought Matthew Watson had switched clubs and was wearing #12.

Henderson is a very smart player but not a great contested mark.

The reason Henderson had more space was because we didn't spend 2 minutes wrestling the ball around the boundary line! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #122
A loss is still a loss, we're just getting a bit excited because we've been beyond bad this season and yesterday's loss was more respectable.
The most pleasing thing was that we had lots of contributors, even our lesser lights like Armfield, Tutt and Graham put their hands up at various times during the game, but whether we can muster the same effort over four quarters against one of the better teams remains to be seen.
After the last month any loss under 5 goals is a massive improvement but I'll be waiting until we play some good sides after the bye before I say we've turned the corner, personally I think there's still some heavy losses coming over the next 12 rounds.

It is indicative of how badly we have been playing that we are all so justifiably happy to lose a match.

Reply #123
It is indicative of how badly we have been playing that we are all so justifiably happy to lose a match.

I agree.

Honorable loss, great effort, tried hard, some improvement, we turned the corner, blue skies ahead,....etc etc

we still lost, we are still equal bottom and the wooden spoon is real.... >:(

Reply #124

I think we all know that if we turn up with effort like that each week and a game plan that plays to our strengths the wins will come, as will the improvement in skills.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #125
I think we all know that if we turn up with effort like that each week and a game plan that plays to our strengths the wins will come, as will the improvement in skills.

Hence the level of positivity among Carton supporters. Finally we have hope again, under the previous bloke, there was no hope.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #126

Just another side note, anyone who was watching the game at home, how good was Eddie's calling. Sure he is Collingwood but his emotion in this game was all for Carlton, the mark Kreuzer took, Eddie called early and you would have thought it was for the game. Then late in the third I had to check what quarter we were in because of Eddies passion for the close game. I makes a refreshing change from the backslapping of the Friday night team or when we get a Dwayne Russell / Brian Taylor lead commentary team.

I'm a long way from being an Eddie Maguire fan, but just watching the highlights, I have to agree with you Raydan. Kudos to Eddie I suppose.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #127
Hence the level of positivity among Carton supporters. Finally we have hope again, under the previous bloke, there was no hope.

Whilst the powers that be make cowboy decisions at our football club, hope is a difficult thing to come by. 

Not to mention the disposal by foot leaves hope of achieving a lot hard to come by from our group.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #128

Exactamundo.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #129

So all we are after is some wins?

We will be able to win a flag with that effort and level of skills?

We need to realise that we don't just need wins, we need to come up with a gameplan and a list that will demand wins and be able to do that in September.

Our bar is so low at the moment that we are excited with anything other than a 10-goal smashing. We need to look at the bigger picture and ensure we get a coach who can not just take us to the next level, but the 3 levels above that!

Reply #130
So all we are after is some wins?

We will be able to win a flag with that effort and level of skills?

We need to realise that we don't just need wins, we need to come up with a gameplan and a list that will demand wins and be able to do that in September.

Our bar is so low at the moment that we are excited with anything other than a 10-goal smashing. We need to look at the bigger picture and ensure we get a coach who can not just take us to the next level, but the 3 levels above that!

Little steps though Kruddler, first get effort, then a win or two will come, team spirit follows that may get us another win or two and it's a snowball effect. Is what we've got now going to gets us a premiership? No, but you have to turn around somewhere to start your journey and I'd like to think/hope that was done June 6 2015.

Reply #131
Is what we've got now going to gets us a premiership? No, but you have to turn around somewhere to start your journey and I'd like to think/hope that was done June 6 2015.

Talk about turnarounds

Just realised that's D-Day ;D

Reply #132
Little steps though Kruddler, first get effort, then a win or two will come, team spirit follows that may get us another win or two and it's a snowball effect. Is what we've got now going to gets us a premiership? No, but you have to turn around somewhere to start your journey and I'd like to think/hope that was done June 6 2015.

No doubt about any of that, but many on here seem to think that premiership contenders is just the natural next step. Just trying to bring some reality back to the situation.

We have a long way to go as a football club. Sure, signs are encouraging so far, but thats about 5% of the journey, not 75% of it.

Reply #133
No doubt about any of that, but many on here seem to think that premiership contenders is just the natural next step. Just trying to bring some reality back to the situation.

We have a long way to go as a football club. Sure, signs are encouraging so far, but thats about 5% of the journey, not 75% of it.

I actually don't think that many on here would believe that premiership contenders is the natural next step. None, probably. I think we're all realistic enough to know that consistent effort is the first port of call, followed by consistent competitiveness - that would be good for 2015. Consistent ruthless effort and consistent competitiveness will bring wins, and we're still a far way from that, but early (EARLY) signs suggest we've taken the first step and the first step only in the right direction -- as opposed to the side-ways, backwards, shuffling of recent times.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #134
I highly doubt anyone thinks we are premiership contenders off the back of Saturdays game.  For starters, we lost, sit at 17th on the ladder with one win, recorded out of Australia!

What we saw was effort, the boys getting around each other, pumping each other up or sticking up for each other - for whatever reason, under MMs regime they didn't do this.  I guess we saw them playing for each other.

With all that will come confidence and wins and belief and who knows where we go from there - but that's the starting point we need.