Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Voting 2021 AFL Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 1504 times) previous topic - next topic

Jim Park Voting 2021 AFL Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast

We may not have a lot of people there to see the match first hand, but we are on the TV.
Not that we play well when the game is on TV, but that is another story.

Voting is as usual: you have 15 votes to award pretty much as you will, with the following provisos:
[1] 15 votes in total, no more, no less.
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player (even Cripps)
[3] Three players at least must get a mention.
[4] A grade for the game, A+ (what I want to see) to F-.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Jim Park Voting 2021 AFL Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #1
Team : C+

Weitering 5
Jones 4
SPS 3 (getting cleaner every week)
Curnow 2
Docherty 1

HMs : Eddie, Fogarty, Cripps
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #2
Team: C

5 - Jones
4 - Curnow
3 - Petrevski-Seton
2 - Weitering
1 - Walsh
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
Team : C -
Annoys me that we can't just smash a team when we are clearly better than them. Terrible skills but I just hope it has more to do with the conditions (so the story goes) than anything else. Guess we'll find out next Saturday night.

Curnow 4 - Ugly games need grunt players and Ed was made for this. 4 quarters of effort. Easily our best.
Jones 3 - Two weeks ago I was worried he was going backwards but his last couple of matches have been very good.
Weitering 2 - Was massive in that last qtr. when the heat was on.
Docherty 1 - Think he's improving each week, but how many games can he play kicking an OOF?
SPS 1 - So, getting a bit better. Like to see it when we're really needing it.
Walsh 1 - Workman like without being spectacular.
Cottrell 1 - Just gives it his all with his limitations and think he was getting better as the game neared it's conclusion.
Saad 1 - Was labouring but pushed himself along and every game vindicates us giving up so much for him. I'll have to admit I never thought he was worth it.
Cripps 1 - Because we keep expecting greater standards from our champ but in the end an average game from him is still good enough than most

Reply #4
Team = C

3 Murphy
3 Curnow
2 Jones
2 Weitering
2 Docherty
1 Walsh
1 Cottrell
1 Pitto

Reply #5
3 Ed
3 Jones
2 Weiters
2 Docherty
2 Samo
1 Murphy
1 Eddie
1 Cripps
HM Walsh, Cotterell, Saad, Pitto

Team B
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #6
Team B

Simply, slimy conditions, which were far from benign. The lads got the job done - and really should have won by 4-6 goals.

3 Curnow
3 Weitering
3 Jones
1 Murph
1 Docherty
1 SPS
1 Cottrell
1  Betts
1  Crippa
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #7
Team C

5 E. Curnow
4 Docherty
3 SPS
2 Fogarty
1 Murphy
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
Team. B

4. Curnow
3. Jones
2. Weitering
2. Cripps
1. Betts
1. Murphy
1. Walsh
1. Docherty
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #9
Team: B

5 - Jones
4 - Weitering
3 - Curnow
2 - Murphy
1 - SPS

Reply #10
Team C+

5: E. Curnow
4: Weitering
3: Jones
2: SPS
1: Docherty

HM's: Gibbo, Murf, Cripps, Cottrell and Saad

Reply #11
Rating:   B-
We won. We managed under conditions that we often struggled with. We dominated many aspects of the game and we won interstate. That deserves a decent rating, even if we won ugly.

Votes:
[2.5]   Ed Curnow
[1.5]   Liam Jones
[1.5]   Jacob Weitering
[1.5]   Patrick Cripps
[1]   Sam Petrevski-Seton
[1]   Marc Murphy
[1]   Eddie Betts
[1]   Jack Newnes
[1]   Sam Walsh
[1]   Matthew Cottrell
[1]   Michael Gibbons
[0.5]   Lachlan Plowman
[0.5]   Adam Saad

Explanations:
[2.5]   Ed Curnow:   Ed had a great night and dominated for us in the middle of the ground.
[1.5]   Liam Jones:   For the 2nd week in a row, Liam Jones dominated his opponents and provided huge amounts of drive.
[1.5]   Jacob Weitering:   Took on one of the big names and really thrashed him, providing good leadership in defence.
[1.5]   Patrick Cripps:   Not Crippa’s biggest night, but he got plenty of ball and put on plenty of pressure. He should have had at least 2 goals, as he had chances to kick more than he did.
[1]   Sam Petrevski-Seton:   Totally dominated across half back and provided some excellent drive from defence.
[1]   Marc Murphy:   Probably Murphy’s most consistent game this year, with his class being on show.
[1]   Eddie Betts:   Eddie didn’t get a lot of ball, but he was a massive danger all night. The goal he managed was brilliant.
[1]   Jack Newnes:   Very solid o the wing and provided good drive.
[1]   Sam Walsh:   Tightly tagged, but still had the ball over 20 times.
[1]   Matthew Cottrell:   An excellent game from Cottrell with his run and his competitiveness.
[1]   Michael Gibbons:   had a couple of periods off with injury, but started brilliantly and worked hard.
[0.5]   Lachlan Plowman:   Another of our dominant defenders on the night, Plow kept his man out of it and provided good drive.
[0.5]   Adam Saad:   Not as much running from him, as he may not have been 100% fit, but he still dominated his position and thrashed his opponent.

Honourable Mentions:
Marc Pittonet:   Pitto won the ruck totally, but I was really disappointed with the lack of direction in his taps. Pitto can do so much better, but his win in the ruck did give us opportunities.
Lachlan Fogarty:   Fog was OK, but not as prominent as he has been. Still worked hard and was almost voteworthy.
Jack Silvagni:   Jack had a pretty tough night, but he was very unlucky and simply wasn’t rewarded for his work. His run-down tackle was a match winner.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #12
Team C

5 Curnow
4 Jones
3 Petrevski-Seton
2 Murphy
1 Walsh

Reply #13
C