Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 23: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 11391 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 23: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #30
Nothing to play for at all. We got 6 wins from 11, some very good wins, players thinking about Carlton won't make their mind up on one game. They'll see the last 11 games.

How far have we fallen. Do you think the Carlton teams of the 80s would have that attitude. Not a chance!

Successful organisations are ruthless al the time and they don’t need to find a reason to complete.

Remember the night Clarkson flooded the defence to prevent Fev kicking his 100 all while they were pumping us. Did he need to do that - could have easily been a good bloke and allowed an easy goal.  I hated him at the time and thought what a pr1ck but now know they are the sort of traits the best team have while the bottom team like to be he nice guys that pick and choose when to go at 100% and make excuses when they get belted.

Hawthorn coincidentally are also the most successful club in the last 30 years. We need to stop making excuses for crap performances unless we want to stay where we have been in the least 10 years.

Reply #31

How far have we fallen. Do you think the Carlton teams of the 80s would have that attitude. Not a chance

Don’t worry, some of our great teams in the 80s put in some shockers ....and they were great teams, not an emerging team. (Would have liked to have seen this forum when Geelong took half a side into a final at Waverley all those years ago and smashed us!). Yesterday doesn’t define the second half of the 2019 season, it reminds us  how far we have to go, and motivates us, with a degree of optimism for 2020.

Bring it on.

Reply #32

Remember the night Clarkson flooded the defence to prevent Fev kicking his 100 all while they were pumping us. Did he need to do that - could have easily been a good bloke and allowed an easy goal.  I hated him at the time and thought what a pr1ck but now know they are the sort of traits the best team have while the bottom team like to be he nice guys that pick and choose when to go at 100% and make excuses when they get belted.
Yeah I remember, I was there. Completely carnt act by him - he stacked the defense incl Roughy to ensure Fev didn’t get it.

I didn’t look at that and think what a ruthless guy, I just thought what a carnt!

Reply #33

How far have we fallen. Do you think the Carlton teams of the 80s would have that attitude. Not a chance!

Successful organisations are ruthless al the time and they don’t need to find a reason to complete.

Hawthorn coincidentally are also the most successful club in the last 30 years. We need to stop making excuses for crap performances unless we want to stay where we have been in the least 10 years.

In 1995 we lost to sydney and st Kilda two weeks running when they were sitting at the foot of the ladder.

These things happen.  We pummeled everyone but them that season.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #34
Yeah I remember, I was there. Completely carnt act by him - he stacked the defense incl Roughy to ensure Fev didn’t get it.

I didn’t look at that and think what a ruthless guy, I just thought what a carnt!

I was also there that day and it was as bad of a flood as i've ever seen.

3 extra players taking up space in front of Fev for no good reason apart from making the day all about Buddy.

At the time i remember after a behind, Fev standing the mark mouthing off to a Hawks player as he kicked in.
Years later Fev actually spoke about that and said he was offering Guerra(?) 20k to grub his kickout to him so he can get his 100th. Was worth a shot.

Reply #35
In 1995 we lost to sydney and st Kilda two weeks running when they were sitting at the foot of the ladder.

These things happen.  We pummeled everyone but them that season.

Rumours suggesting a lot of our boys had money on the opposition those days. Not sure how true it is, but it would explain a bit.

Reply #36
A few of us have pointed out the umpiring, specfically, but not limited too, the goal review debacle and how dodgy that was.

This could explain a bit...

Reply #37
I was also there that day and it was as bad of a flood as i've ever seen.

3 extra players taking up space in front of Fev for no good reason apart from making the day all about Buddy.

At the time i remember after a behind, Fev standing the mark mouthing off to a Hawks player as he kicked in.
Years later Fev actually spoke about that and said he was offering Guerra(?) 20k to grub his kickout to him so he can get his 100th. Was worth a shot.

Hodge said in the interview after the game that the rate Fev was going at they were worried he was going to steal the Coleman medal off of Buddy.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #38
Rumours suggesting a lot of our boys had money on the opposition those days. Not sure how true it is, but it would explain a bit.

Echos of Denis Lillee?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #39
I just want blokes like Dow, O'Brien, Fisher to show some intensity....

Dow's 'chasing' is non existent. I could run faster!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #40
The wind change killed us.
3 quarters against a five goal win is a recipe for disaster. Pretty much the difference in the scores.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #41
3 quarters against a five goal win is a recipe for disaster. Pretty much the difference in the scores.

They only kicked into the wind once and had 3 scoring shots. Enough said.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #42
A few of us have pointed out the umpiring, specfically, but not limited too, the goal review debacle and how dodgy that was.

This could explain a bit...

Further, Pudding Face Twin " The Elder" is in the media again bleating despite their huge home ground advantage delivering another win!

Keep in mind, along with CheatsFC and the Dawks this Handbagger mob lead the charge to end games at the "obsolete suburban grounds" like Princes Park. Now they've spent more than $170M of public money developing their ground that can't fit in any opposition fans, and want to play the GF there! Both the Cheats and Dawks are touting plans to further develop their own boutique facilities to host matches against interstate teams! The Dawks even have the state government running an underground train loop right past their stadiums front door!

Who was the forkwit at our club that worried about the profitability from spending $45M two decades ago to update our home with underground parking? What an ultramoron, they basically condemned us to long term obsolesence!

FFS Carlton, grow some balls and call a spade a spade!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #43
They only kicked into the wind once and had 3 scoring shots. Enough said.

Good point that - the commentators said several times it was a 5 goal wind, whichever way it blew!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #44
Further, Pudding Face Twin " The Elder" is in the media again bleating despite their huge home ground advantage delivering another win!

Keep in mind, along with CheatsFC and the Dawks this Handbagger mob lead the charge to end games at the "obsolete suburban grounds" like Princes Park. Now they've spent more than $170M of public money developing their ground that can't fit in any opposition fans, and want to play the GF there! Both the Cheats and Dawks are touting plans to further develop their own boutique facilities to host matches against interstate teams! The Dawks even have the state government running an underground train loop right past their stadiums front door!

Who was the forkwit at our club that worried about the profitability from spending $45M two decades ago to update our home with underground parking? What an ultramoron, they basically condemned us to long term obsolesence!

FFS Carlton, grows some balls and call a spade a spade!

Somewhat ironically, the only upgrades to our home turf is to turn it into the home of womens football. No balls allowed!