Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2021 Rd 2: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 14048 times) previous topic - next topic

Post Game Passion: AFL 2021 Rd 2: Carlton vs Collingwood

And the winner is .......
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2021 Rd 2: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #1
NOT FARKEN US..

Need some new blood next week...

Reply #2
Carlton left the field for the Pratt cup. Jeesus
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #3
0-2 Hmmm, where have I seen that before
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
I, and many others, clearly underestimated the Pies, and possibly overestimated the Blues. Their superior class and experience won the day. We're back in honourable loss territory. And some of our blokes had shockers. I can't figure out what Teague is trying to do.

The commentators made a point about the new rules and Cripps. What do we do with the best contested player in the league, when the rules make the game much less contested ? Clearly both the club and Cripps are trying to figure it out, because tonight he looked all at sea.

And I don't care what anyone says, the form of too many of our blokes was better under Bolton than Teague.

Reply #5
0-2-Joy NOT !!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
As if it couldn't get any worse. Josh Frydenberg has been named as Carlton's No1 ticket holder.

Reply #7
At least I can relax a bit now - I have no more real expectations left, we a nowhere near it. I can yet again fall back to academic interest only!  ::)  >:(
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #8
Yep same here. It took a full 7 days and 3 hours to be cruelly reminded that nothing changes when it comes to this football team.

Reply #9
As if it couldn't get any worse. Josh Frydenberg has been named as Carlton's No1 ticket holder.

He's better than scomo
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #11
5 goals in the second half both weeks, and zero goals in the final 12 minutes both weeks when the game was there to be won. Absolutely smashed in the time in possession stats both last quarters. Our fittest and hardest working player all game is our youngest player. As a coaching and playing group it is completely unacceptable to not be able to run out games so consistently at this level.

Reply #12
5 goals in the second half both weeks, and zero goals in the final 12 minutes both weeks when the game was there to be won. Absolutely smashed in the time in possession stats both last quarters. Our fittest and hardest working player all game is our youngest player. As a coaching and playing group it is completely unacceptable to not be able to run out games so consistently at this level.
Isnt that Russell's job to get our blokes fitter?

Reply #13
Hey, how's Murphy going?
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #14
I found this a really confusing game.

I think that's reinforced by some of the different opinions of where things went wrong and individual player performance.

At times we looked to be well on top but the game always had a bit of an inevitability (in Collingwood's favour) about it...much like the Richmond game last week.

I have a feeling we didn't turn up to play with any intensity at the start.
Players may have thought we did alright against Richmond and Collingwood were pretty poor in round 1 so we should have them covered....dangerous thinking if that was the case.

As mentioned, Cripps seems to be struggling a bit with the more open way the game is being played...but there looked to be something else lacking tonight in terms of confidence going for the ball. Dropped an easy chest mark and looked to be favouring an arm at one stage.

Lost count of the times a number of our players slipped over and took themselves out of contests at critical times.

It's not the end of the world but we need to get back on track pretty quick or we'll have another wasted season.