42 - Tuohy
[ 5 ] (5.7%)
43 - White
[ 4 ] (4.5%)
46 - Ellard (subbed off)
[ 7 ] (8%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: May 23, 2014, 09:56:11 pm

Topic: R8 - WORST on ground vs Saints (Read 21770 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R8 - WORST on ground vs Saints

Reply #15
His tank is completely worthless. Every contest has him working for air like he has a breathing problem. Don't get me wrong because I love the guy to bits but every contest of footy appears way to hard for him. He always looks way too tired, and like all his energy is spent just to take a mark. Warnock looks way more fit than Levi does. That is saying something right there. IMO.

He may look buggered because he's just busted his @ss off. There were also two chases on players where he ran them down and put them under enormous pressure.. Something you wont get from Warnock...  Staggers me some of the comments on him tonight...  The guy is fit... He covers a lot more ground than what the tv shows..
Sorry Manits but calling his tank worthless is way off the mark IMO.
For an example of his work rate and making himself a target on repeated efforts, have a look at the replay in the 3rd 1/4 between the 15 and 11 minute mark (counting down).. He makes himself the target about 6 times... He works very hard.. Very encouraging... 

Reply #16
Levi will soon have a breakout game. Perhaps he is running too hard, and needs to conserve his energy more for attacking opportunities, and defensive pressure more assigned to others?

Reply #17
Levi is making great progress.

This time last year he'd disappear after 1/4 time because he was cooked

He still a little off target but he is really striking the ball well, something else he couldn't do before.

I tells ya this kid might end up a beaut!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #18
Hendo, Walker and Garlett, for mine, Daisy lucky to kick that nice goal only thing that kept him out.

Hendo has gone backwards at the rate of knots, just like a few others, doesn't seem inspired in the slightest. Maybe he's having a sook because he's played up forward? Who knows?

Walker, one of the worst defenders to play for the club, dropped two sitter marks last night. Amazing what he's become as a defender. Gone backwards considerably.

Garlett, should be back in the twos next week, another that's gone backwards.

Cannot see how you'd possibly have Levi in the worst ahead of any of those three and Thomas. He was certainly ten times more effective than his mate Hendo and is making steady progress.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #19
Hardly touched it?? He took 7 marks and I'd suggest at a guess all were contested... He worked his @ss off around the ground and crashed packs repeatedly...  Im going to take a guess here and predict that most of you who have him in the worst, maybe watched it on TV and were't at the game.. I could be wrong, but gee, there's no way I could even dream about putting him in the worst players.. At the game, he busted his guts the whole game and took some fantastic marks..

I watched it on TV and I thought Levi was good.

Apart from his marking he works really hard in terms of chases and tackles (a lot of this contesting won't show up in stats because he's there in a supportive role applying that big body pressure ). There was one passage there where he  just kept willing himself to the contests and I thought at the time..... "well done". I thought he was quite impressive.
We know what a good contested mark he is ,and those he doesn't take.....well he doesn't get out-marked often, so at best it results in a contest on the ground.
He's getting some good length in his kicks.
He just needs to straighten them up.

Reply #20
TBF his kicks weren't sprayed shots like they had been in the past. One kick was from outside 50m on a tight angle and was going through until it was tocuhed on the line. His field kicking was excellent and at one stage he scooped up a ball from his feet and moved well around a few opposition players to create space and give the ball off. Not too many players in the AFL can clunk marks like he can. He's a real diamond in that sense.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #21
Hendo and Ellard.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #22
Thomas, Ellard and Levi, in that order. I really worry about Thomas, because AI think he is actually getting worse with every game.

Levi.. :o  I had him as 4th best.   He was sensational from where I sat..

His kicking for goal was 1 hit the post, 1 was touched on the line from 55m out and the other slid across from a 45m out on an angle... Around the grounds he was great.

Fourth best  :o  He hardly touched the ball around the ground and, regardless of how close his misses were, his kicking for goal undoes our good work and must be frustrating for his team mates.  That said, I wouldn't drop him, just get him working to emulate Jay Schultz.

Hardly touched it?? He took 7 marks and I'd suggest at a guess all were contested... He worked his @ss off around the ground and crashed packs repeatedly...  Im going to take a guess here and predict that most of you who have him in the worst, maybe watched it on TV and were't at the game.. I could be wrong, but gee, there's no way I could even dream about putting him in the worst players.. At the game, he busted his guts the whole game and took some fantastic marks..

Apart from the subs, I think only 5 or 6 players on the field had the ball less than Levi; ie he hardly touched it. Yes he contested well and is an improving work in progress.  However, there is no way that he is within a bull's roar of the best players.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #23
Hendo had a bit of a shocker, seems either out of form or injured.

Walker and Buckley made a few mistakes, there were others that had less impact but did not make so many mistakes.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
You had Buckley in the worst??  :o
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #25
Anyway, Thomas now in the three WOG two weeks in a row.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #26
You had Buckley in the worst??  :o

Not because of the amount of ball he got, but his decision making offset the number of touches he got. Love his attack on the ball, but be efficient and build not prolific and wasteful! By the way you can be both efficient and wasteful if you make the wrong decisions.

So if he is going to get that much ball, he really needs to be damaging the opposition and I felt he didn't hurt them, he may even have helped them slow the games at times by choosing safe options. The Aints had a sh1teful ordinary side in, and we need to keep that in perspective when judging our players performances.

I could have also put in Warnock, Tuohy and Casboult. Tuohy and Casboult for the same sort of reasons errors or decision making. For 206 that was the old bad 206 back, I cannot believe the he didn't take a single mark against the Aints or lay a single tackle against a side with a beginner as their first ruck!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #27
Hendo had a bit of a shocker, seems either out of form or injured.

Henderson had a really bad start to the season in 2011 after an injury interrupted pre-season (hip). He spent a lot of time in the VFL (only one game up to Round 12.)
He came in during the second half of the year and finished the season off well.

He also had hip problems during this last pre-season which no doubt has interrupted his preparation.
He's probably a player that needs that good foundation.
Look to him to get better as the year goes on.

Reply #28
Henderson had a really bad start to the season in 2011 after an injury interrupted pre-season (hip). He spent a lot of time in the VFL (only one game up to Round 12.)
He came in during the second half of the year and finished the season off well.

He also had hip problems during this last pre-season which no doubt has interrupted his preparation.
He's probably a player that needs that good foundation.
Look to him to get better as the year goes on.

Agreed.

I hope he is over the hip problems, I think he played well early even when the rest of the team sucked! He needs Waite up and about, together they set up really well.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
Anyway, Thomas now in the three WOG two weeks in a row.

He did a job on Dempster and played forward all game.

Not sure we want to pay $700k for the privilege of that. so he did a job, like Everitt did on Montagna, but Everitt's impact around the ground is waning each game with me. Too many mistakes, short steps and gave away 50.

Struggle to see his role.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset