Skip to main content
Topic: Toughening up the princesses? (Read 16725 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Toughening up the princesses?

Reply #30
Reading those posts by Shakin' & SPF (both earned some karma from me too) talking about leadership and the like made me think of an old saying that we regularly use around our cricket club : "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog".

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #31
The Port boys have a mantra "never give up" and it shows.

The Hawks a few years back were the unsocialable Hawks.   It was a little over the top, but at least they stood for something.

At the moment we are the perfect dinner host.    Come over to our place, has something to drink, something to eat, some soft goals, would you like to sleep with my wife?  No problem.   Glad you enjoyed your night.

Reply #32
When Judd speaks the room falls silent - when Murph speaks players listen but is he a natural leader? Is he a leader you follow because of his deeds?

He's neither but considering the amount of football Carrazzo has played I don't think it would've made any difference who was made captain. In hindsight it would've been much better for Judd to just do the extra stuff for another year until there was a more clear cut choice. Hendo is pretty appealing ATM.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #33
At the moment it's all a little bit too hard for our boys.

Last year it was said the same attitude washed through the playing group once the injuries hit. Instead of showing some resolve, a lot of them simply threw up their hands saying "Woe is me, this is all too hard at the moment". Pathetic.

Mick - please massacre this list & it's collective mindset come year's end......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #34
At the moment it's all a little bit too hard for our boys.

Last year it was said the same attitude washed through the playing group once the injuries hit. Instead of showing some resolve, a lot of them simply through up their hands saying "Woe is me, this is all too hard at the moment". Pathetic.

Mick - please massacre this list & it's collective mindset come year's end......

Tend to agree - it's the collective dominant predisposition of the group i.e. to drop the head and give in. We lack enough people with the forceful competitive personality that can drag the rest of the group along. Go to work recruiters!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #35
Speaking of toughening up, I notice Matt Thomas is an unrestricted free agent... got the kind of hardness we need and no doubt would love being back home rather than stuck in 1985.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #36
Speaking of toughening up, I notice Matt Thomas is an unrestricted free agent... got the kind of hardness we need and no doubt would love being back home rather than stuck in 1985.

He's just a plodder though Baggers, he's a Brock McLean type & nothing more. We need someone with more strings to their bow than a Matt Thomas.
Football is life, there is nothing else....