Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 20: Carlton V Bulldogs (Pre-Game) (Read 35030 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 20: Carlton V Bulldogs (Pre-Game)

Reply #15
He's never been express Murphy, what he's always had is quick acceleration. If the player he's chasing has a full head of steam he won't catch him. If it's from a stand start Murphy seems quicker for sure.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #16
See I saw Yarran in the change rooms after the game, he could hardly walk and his lower leg was iced to the max. Does he qualify for some leeway as well? Pretty sure everyone just wrote it off and said stiff sht, you take the field it's bad luck.

With regards to murphy's supposed ankle problem from the Saints game, he had 4 weeks off I'm sure that would've healed it.

Fair enough, but what does me believing Murphy is not 100% have to do with Yarran?

For anyone else, if they are not ready to play, then dont play.  I couldnt care who your name is, if you declare yourself fit, and give me nothing, then there is hell to pay, and perhaps this is why Malthouse mentioned him post press conference in amongst Eddie, Jeff and Yarran.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #17
Comments were more in reference to the fact that every time Murphy puts in a shocker he has an excuse ie injured, hard tag, sore ankle, teammates not sticking up for him etc. etc. we've heard it all before. Yazz just cops it, not necessarily from you, but in general. So Yazz is an example.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #18
Comments were more in reference to the fact that every time Murphy puts in a shocker he has an excuse ie injured, hard tag, sore ankle, teammates not sticking up for him etc. etc. we've heard it all before. Yazz just cops it, not necessarily from you, but in general. So Yazz is an example.

I used to be one of those people. 

Reply #19
Waite and McInnes may be back.
That would help us no end. We need a little flexibility and more scoring power. Waite adds that, while McInnes gives options in defence.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #20
I would be very tempted to drop Eddie Betts: his form since he was out has been very poor. We can't afford to have so many non contributors.

I have questions over the fitness of Carrots, Murphy and Yarran. I'd like to have enough players in the VFL to come up to cover them, to give them time to get over their niggles, but I doubt that will happen.
I'd like to have Warnock in. Kreuzer got toweled up last week. Minson is in almost career best form, so I'd like to have more than 1 option in the ruck. Just having 1 in a situation like this is a point source error. We had enough of that last week when Kreuzer couldn't handle Sandilands. No need for repeats.
The Dogs don't have much in the way of tall forwards - I don't see any match ups for Watson, unless the MC want him to play forward again.

I'd like to give Buckley, Menzel or Graham a go. Buckley is producing more often (although not often enough), Menzel needs a senior workout (I'd rather have him find real form for the Baby Blues, but...) and Graham deserves a go with his form. I doubt we'll pick all 3.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #21
Bulldogs are a bottom team and I expect both Murphy and Yarran to do well against them but to me this doesnt mean much......the games vs Richmond, Essendon in particular and Port are where I want to see the both of them fire up and play to their ability.

Reply #22
FFS just play Buckley, Menzel and Graham the season is over, let's at least get something out of it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #23
I'd bring in Menzel for Betts, Eddie is horribly out of form and needs a spell. Menzel brings more aggression and tackling pressure into our forward line.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #24
I'd bring in Menzel for Betts, Eddie is horribly out of form and needs a spell. Menzel brings more aggression and tackling pressure into our forward line.
I too believe that it is, once again, time to unleash the Freak!  ;D
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #25
There's alot of Wingard in Menzel, time to give him an extended run at it.

Reply #26

That would be a huge move with contract negotiations going on.

I would be surprised if Yarran isn't sub this week.

Reply #27

Yarran must be dropped on last week's performance. If he isn't dropped MM has well and truly lost the plot, he dropped him for a whole lot less last time.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #28
The Doggies on the line at +20.5 is the bet of the century this weekend.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #29

Yarran must be dropped on last week's performance. If he isn't dropped MM has well and truly lost the plot, he dropped him for a whole lot less last time.

From earlier reports Yarran may not even come up fitness-wise?
Reality always wins in the end.