Skip to main content
Topic: Baby Blues vs. Sandringham at Visy on Saturday (Read 13312 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Baby Blues vs. Sandringham at Visy on Saturday

Reply #15
Woops... forgot Graham - good, again, but looked a little tired at times. Tried up forward as a 'small forward' and looked likely, though on one occasion, running into an open goal tried to do the team thing with a cute pass to a team mate that went astray.

Great work Baggers!

Reply #16
Woops... forgot Graham - good, again, but looked a little tired at times. Tried up forward as a 'small forward' and looked likely, though on one occasion, running into an open goal tried to do the team thing with a cute pass to a team mate that went astray.

Great work Baggers!

Agreed - well done mate.

Reply #17
I don't see a lot of the Northern Blues game but I check results. This Lambert bloke is always mentioned in the best. What's his history? Chance to get drafted?

Reply #18
I don't see a lot of the Northern Blues game but I check results. This Lambert bloke is always mentioned in the best. What's his history? Chance to get drafted?
I think he is a monty to be picked up. Just hope we are smart enough to do it.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #19

...and Robbo - was really disciplined and focussed. Took a terrific attitude into the game - good to see. Encouraging to team mates.

You'd look hard at, for a call up:
Robbo
Meat
ROK
Dinger
(interesting that all 4 have a dash of mongrel and are hard at it).
Many thanks, Baggers. Nice to read something positive after yesterday's disaster. At least a few guys put up their hands to replace Judd next week.

It is really nice to see the Baby Blues winning because it does suggest we are not just a spiritless group of individuals.

2013 AFL Victoria Development League
Northern Blues   6.3  13.3  15.6  21.13 (139)
Sandringham   0.1  1.2  3.2  3.2 (20)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Dorman 5 Dufficy 3 Temay 2 Gleeson 2 Clark 2 Thomas 2 Visser  Jenkins  Bonaddio  Lincoln  Posar
Sandringham: Banfield  Banfield  McKay

BEST:
Northern Blues: Lincoln Watson Bolger Dorman Dufficy Ballard
Sandringham: Cameron Maitland Banfield Read McKee Kelso

This performance also says a lot, as Tom Temay wasn't part of the best.  :( :(
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #20
2013 Peter Jackson VFL
Northern Blues   2.3  6.10  11.11  13.16 (94)
Sandringham   2.3  5.3  7.10  11.10 (76)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Collins 4 Casboult 2 Bell 2 Wilson 2 Lambert 2 Robinson
Sandringham: Dennis-Lane 3 Dowler 2 Cockie  Hickey  Michaliades  Shenton  Tiernan  Kreymborg

BEST:
Northern Blues: Ellard Casboult Collins Lambert Davies Joseph
Sandringham: Cockie Shenton Dunell Wright Ross Munro

Casboult has to come in for Rowe next week. Rowe hasn't been able to get a kick in and has looked terrible this last few weeks.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #21
@Baggers

Thanks for your great report Baggers, very informative.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #22
Robbo not in the best?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #23
Thanks for the report Baggers. I wonder who'll come in for Judd and Garlett? I'd love to see how Graham goes in the seniors. What the hell has happened to Laidler? I was a massive fan of him and I can't understand why MM obviously isn't.

Reply #24
thanks for the report Baggers
thanks for the comments guys!

I learn heaps from the posts and the good thing is that we can be one-eyed and shoot-our-mouths off!

Apologies if I hurt anyone's sensitivities !

Reply #25

...and Robbo - was really disciplined and focussed. Took a terrific attitude into the game - good to see. Encouraging to team mates.

You'd look hard at, for a call up:
Robbo
Meat
ROK
Dinger
(interesting that all 4 have a dash of mongrel and are hard at it).
Many thanks, Baggers. Nice to read something positive after yesterday's disaster. At least a few guys put up their hands to replace Judd next week.

It is really nice to see the Baby Blues winning because it does suggest we are not just a spiritless group of individuals.

2013 AFL Victoria Development League
Northern Blues   6.3  13.3  15.6  21.13 (139)
Sandringham   0.1  1.2  3.2  3.2 (20)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Dorman 5 Dufficy 3 Temay 2 Gleeson 2 Clark 2 Thomas 2 Visser  Jenkins  Bonaddio  Lincoln  Posar
Sandringham: Banfield  Banfield  McKay

BEST:
Northern Blues: Lincoln Watson Bolger Dorman Dufficy Ballard
Sandringham: Cameron Maitland Banfield Read McKee Kelso

This performance also says a lot, as Tom Temay wasn't part of the best.  :( :(

He played a defensive midfield role, similar to Cachia's role early in the season. He nullified his opponent and was a useful contributor and had plenty of ground time. Solid but underwhelming performance.

Reply #26

We should have drafted him last year before everyone else got to know about him.

Reply #27

Ellard - good return.

Not physically gifted but a fully committed footballer who should be in our best team - provides much more offensive productivity than either Curnow or Cachia - hope he gets another year after injury wrecked this one.

Mitchell - Waste.

His only good game for the season was in the Development League in the wet against Box Hill. Maybe he is a wet tracker. Maybe he should have played in the DL more often to allow him more game time and a chance to gain some confidence.

Reply #28
ROK - good off HB. Strong. Seems to be doing a 2E role - being groomed to release 2E into the guts?

I'd rather Gibbs be released into an attacking role more than Touhy to be honest.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #29
ROK - good off HB. Strong. Seems to be doing a 2E role - being groomed to release 2E into the guts?

I'd rather Gibbs be released into an attacking role more than Touhy to be honest.

Gibbs played well in the midfield when Murphy was out but has been back in defence since then to allow us to select multiple taggers - maybe its time to go and get the ball because we have been slaughtered in centre clearance the past two weeks.