Skip to main content
Topic: Round 23 Port v the Blues (Read 4411 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 23 Port v the Blues

I'm planning to go to the match, my first trip interstate to watch the Blues. I've already booked flights and accommodation, but I'd be grateful for advice (either from those who have gone over to games previously, or from Adelaide-based Blues' supporters), especially the following:

1. Is it advisable to book tickets in advance, or is it OK to rock up on the day of the match?
2. If booking, what are the pros and cons of particular seating areas (e.g. is there an away fans' area, what are the issues in being in particular sections of the ground etc.?)
3. Is there likely to be some sort of gathering prior to the game, formal or informal?
4. I understand that there is a bus service from the city centre, is this an advisable way of travelling to the ground?

Thanks

Re: Round 23 Port v the Blues

Reply #1
Could most likely get tickets at the ground, although I always pre-book. Port games rarely fill the ground.

General admission will get you nearly anywhere, you will be amongst the feral supporters though.

I live in QLD now, I haven't been to a game at AAMI stadium since '06 so I'm giving old info !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #2
3. Spirit of Carlton used to do such things... I don't think this is the case now though. I certainly don't get invites anymore to any shows prior to the footy park games.

4. Bus - Yep only way to get there mate. Its pretty darn good compared to driving. Dedicated central bus lane means in and out quick (until you get to Port Road).

Reply #3
I flew into Adelaide a few years back on a Thursday to watch a game against the Crows. It was sold out and Fev turned it on :'(

Reply #4
I flew into Adelaide a few years back on a Thursday to watch a game against the Crows. It was sold out and Fev turned it on :'(

I was at that game too. loved it !!!

The silence of 40,000 stunned Crows supporters as they were all walking out was eerie !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #5
Thanks for the tips. As it's conceivable it could be an elimination final a week early, and it's the last game at Football Park, the attendance might be a bit more than normal for Port matches.
Thanks again.

Reply #6
mute topic after tonight

Reply #8
I'm committed to the trip, although it certainly looks like another in a long line of poor judgement calls I've made. As some CSCers are aware, I am an umpire, so I am accustomed to being wrong.
To-night was certainly a shocker, and the performance has taken the gloss off my expectations about the round 23 match.