Skip to main content
Topic: Rnd 20- Carlton v Bulldogs -Post Match Autopsy (Read 45635 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rnd 20- Carlton v Bulldogs -Post Match Autopsy

Reply #15
Kreuzer is a bloody good footballer playing in an average team, Warnock, Casboult, Rowe and Hampson are spuds who wouldn't get a game anywhere but Carlton.

Unfortunately for us, that is quite true although if the media are to be believed, Hampson does attract some interest from the others clubs.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #16
Kreuzer is a bloody good footballer playing in an average team, Warnock, Casboult, Rowe and Hampson are spuds who wouldn't get a game anywhere but Carlton.

Unfortunately for us, that is quite true although if the media are to be believed, Hampson does attract some interest from the others clubs.

That is because as a ruck Hampson is good enough.

Look at our list, we have;
 - Walker playing backline after being borderline AA as a forward.
 - Yarran playing nowhere anybody knows.
 - Hendo playing forward after being in A Grade form as a defender.
 - Simpson a first class wing is playing in defense.
 - McLean a grunt midfielder playing on a wing.

We take players who are good enough at AFL level and try to turn them into something they are not. If Cooney had been at Carlton we would have him as a KPD by now!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
With Port's loss we had everything to play for.
It was the insipid nature of the capitulation that is most disturbing.
We were weighed measured and found wanting...."big time".

It's not like these guys don't have the ability.
What they lack is the desire...yet the same playing group have displayed that desire in the past.
What is wrong?

Reply #18

What they lack is the desire...yet the same playing group have displayed that desire in the past.
What is wrong?

Supporters have not given up on the season, the players have!

There is also something rotten in Denmark, anyone who has played football for any length of time can see it in the on field efforts. It stands out like a sore thumb, and has nothing to do with the coach.

Cohesion is zero, sacrifice is zero, support is zero and care is zero.

The players do not care, like or respect each other, they are a bunch of individuals. There is no team bonding!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #19

The media eh?
Hampson has been at the club for just shy of 7 years, dwell on that for a moment.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #20

What is wrong?

Answers to these questions would turn our form around instantly. Heart, desire, and desperation wins games against any side. What we have happening is almost borderline tanking. Are we after picks again ? The picks we have had in the past are bringing us nothing on the field. Time to put the cue in the rack and play young kids only. There is no point hurting are core senior players like Judd today.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #21
Time to put the cue in the rack and play young kids only. There is no point hurting are core senior players like Judd today.

I agree 100%, tank time and don't spare the band aids.

A discount for bulk surgery I hope!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #22
Time to put the cue in the rack and play young kids only. There is no point hurting are core senior players like Judd today.

Lots of discounts available in Malaysia and the near by region. We are kidding ourselves if we expect that mathematically we can make the 8. It means winning every game before seasons end. I ignore the Bombers issue at the moment.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #23
Is it true that our fans booed Murphy & Waite to such an extent that Waite flipped them the bird ??
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #24
EB1/LP... that became crystal this arvo. Sad, but true. I watched Meat this arvo and he does and would offer more than Rowey and 206.

Baggers, 15 years ago 206 would have been a superstar, if he could influence the game like Sandilands he still would be. But having a bloke get twice the critical stats of an opponent yet be clearly beaten is a massive tell. If Kreuzer, Hampson or Casboult had 48 taps our midfield would have smashed the Bulldogs.

Makes you wonder how J. Madden would have done in today's game!!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #25

Lots of discounts available in Malaysia and the near by region. We are kidding ourselves if we expect that mathematically we can make the 8. It means winning every game before seasons end. I ignore the Bombers issue at the moment.
Lucky if we even get close to a win in the next three rounds, forget finals we would be just making up numbers

Reply #26
What's funny is when MM would give non-answers at pressers and be vague I thought it was because he was being a cagey old fox.

But guess what? I don't reckon he has a clue.

Better hope for some killer assistants because I don't reckon MM knows what day it is.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #27

I said tank in the pregame thread!

listened to the game on radio. the weeding done in the garden was my highlight. . .

Reply #28
Has anyone else noticed that we start seasons well. Our first half is better than our second half. What is that all about?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #29
I'm not sure what the MC expects when Curnow, Cachia, Mclean, Bootsma and Rowe run out of the race -they're all fairly ordinary really. Then you add Walker, Gibbs and Simpson in defence and you make it so easy for opposition sides to clamp down on Judd and Murphy and you're basically shot before you even start playing the game. Surprisingly disorganised for a coach of Malthouse's standing.

As I have been saying every week, Casboult must play FF, Henderson, Waite, Jamison, McInnes etc for the other key positions and for god's sake put Yarran on the wing and bring Graham in if he's fit.