Skip to main content
Topic: Rnd 20- Carlton v Bulldogs -Post Match Autopsy (Read 45634 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rnd 20- Carlton v Bulldogs -Post Match Autopsy

Reply #30
Let's all go over to the Essendon thread....This one is depressing ;)

Reply #31
And another thing, Jamison looks shot. Needs two of Watson, Mcinnes and Henderson to support.

Reply #32
Just got home from the game - should have not bothered going - aaaaaagggghhhh!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #33
How can we get close when we have two witches hat in 206 and Rowe?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #34
Has anyone else noticed that we start seasons well. Our first half is better than our second half. What is that all about?

Looks like the last two coaches lose the players as soon as it gets tough.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #35
I'm not sure what the MC expects when Curnow, Cachia, Mclean, Bootsma and Rowe run out of the race -they're all fairly ordinary really. Then you add Walker, Gibbs and Simpson in defence and you make it so easy for opposition sides to clamp down on Judd and Murphy and you're basically shot before you even start playing the game. Surprisingly disorganised for a coach of Malthouse's standing.

As I have been saying every week, Casboult must play FF, Henderson, Waite, Jamison, McInnes etc for the other key positions and for god's sake put Yarran on the wing and bring Graham in if he's fit.

Bootsma fairly ordinary? C'mon mate have a good look - he's only just started, gonna be a long term Carlton footballer that one.

Casbout needs to be traded, can't kick!

Waitey is not KP FFS, I don't believe Macca is really either...!

Yarran, agree on the wing!

Reply #36
I'm not sure what the MC expects when Curnow, Cachia, Mclean, Bootsma and Rowe run out of the race -they're all fairly ordinary really. Then you add Walker, Gibbs and Simpson in defence and you make it so easy for opposition sides to clamp down on Judd and Murphy and you're basically shot before you even start playing the game. Surprisingly disorganised for a coach of Malthouse's standing.

As I have been saying every week, Casboult must play FF, Henderson, Waite, Jamison, McInnes etc for the other key positions and for god's sake put Yarran on the wing and bring Graham in if he's fit.

Bootsma fairly ordinary? C'mon mate have a good look - he's only just started, gonna be a long term Carlton footballer that one.

Settle there Knackers. Meat is back to kicking like a beaut.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #37
I’m sick of this st1t

At the start of the year 80% of the experts had us in the top eight, some had us top four, Carlton’s own board thought this was a finals team, MM’s own words were “This is a Grand final team” This is the same list, WTF happened, now we’re talking about a rebuild. MM wasn’t brought in to rebuild. He was supposed to take us to the finals. There has been heaps of criticism of the players but I place the blame on MM. It’s funny how after every loss last year it was Rattens fault, (Where is his plan B, he shouldn’t be sitting on the bench, etc) now after a loss its Judd, Murphy, Gibbs and Yarran fault.
 It’s just a pay check for MM, just like it was for Pagan (And we all know how that turned out) he can take his 5 million and live in comfort. It’s not about money for me, in fact it cost me tens of thousands over 35 years. Is MM feeling as sick as I am right now? I doubt it. Take your stupid 5 year old game plan and FOOK OFF

Reply #38
Do you know during the game I blurted out to my mate "Fkn Pagan he's killing this side" without even realising what I said!

Spot on PI2C....our current plight has all the makings of another Pagan era. I mentioned as much very early on in the piece, but now it's becoming more evident than ever: the Malthouse gameplan of yesteryear is no longer relevant, especially to this group of players in any way, shape or form. Tinkering this 'pet plan' will not solve anything, a total tear-down is required & Mick needs to seriously start thinking outside the box for the first time in many, many years.

We were never gonna win this game with one fit player on the bench for the last quarter, so let's get that straight. However, we were barely hanging in there beforehand in any case.

We have become a poor, poor, football team in most facets. For mine, Juddy was (yet again) streets ahead of our next best player......probably McLean. Now Juddy is gone for the year.....oh the joy......won't even come close to winning another game this year.

What a complete & utter mess......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #39
And another thing, Jamison looks shot. Needs two of Watson, Mcinnes and Henderson to support.

We Agree...its time to recruit another younger fullback who can kick the ball better...Jamo continues to butcher the ball and for a senior player I am dissapointed in his leadership....

Watson continues to improve and its makes a mockery out of reserves form....some players never show anything until given senior opportunities.

Reply #40
Has anyone else noticed that we start seasons well. Our first half is better than our second half. What is that all about?

Looks like the last two coaches lose the players as soon as it gets tough.

Says a lot more about the players than the coaches!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #41
As pathetic as that was it was as a predictable loss as I can remember.

I can't believe the confidence of a side such as the Bulldogs to simply take our guys on. They had zero fear of being caught.

We were lucky they were poor converting becuase that felt like a 10 goal loss - absolutely nothing from the players against a bottom 4 side.

We're quickly heading into the wilderness.

Reply #42
Yep - said Jamo was done just 2 weeks ago & geez, he was defended admirably by some for reasons I still don't know. Just another cog in this broken wheel of ours.

Notice Curnow was listed in our best.....he had a crack, I'll give him that, but his direct opponent was Cooney = FAIL. Cachia's direct opponent was Griffen = FAIL. Tuohy's direct opponent for a lot of the day was Grant = FAIL. Warnock = FAIL. Walker = FAIL. Murphy = FAIL. Gibbs = FAIL. Armfield = FAIL. Henderson = FAIL (although the kicking to our forwards was abysmal....again). Waite = FAIL. Garlett = FAIL. Betts = FAIL. Menzel = FAIL. Simmo = FAIL. Rowe = FAIL. Yarran butchers the ball by foot = FAIL.

Bootsma gets spared as his spoiling was exceptional, as was his field kicking, although one horrific missed tackle nearly earned him a FAIL. Juddy, McLean & Scotland = Pass.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #43

Settle there Knackers. Meat is back to kicking like a beaut.

Casbout is the sort of crap we need to get rid of.

The game has evolved, we need footballers, not athletes, or some one big who can mark, can run, or can kick but can be turned in to a complete footballer to win a flag...those days are gone!

Have a look at the top sides, classy footballers, which we have a number of good ones but too many of these vfl types...

This is what I would hang on to at years end and the rest can be replaced if we are going to be serious about moving forward....

Numbers 1 to 8, 12, 13, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, 27, 28, 37, 38, 40, 42, 44

Reply #44
Yep - said Jamo was done just 2 weeks ago & geez, he was defended admirably by some for reasons I still don't know. Just another cog in this broken wheel of ours.

Notice Curnow was listed in our best.....he had a crack, I'll give him that, but his direct opponent was Cooney = FAIL. Cachia's direct opponent was Griffen = FAIL. Tuohy's direct opponent for a lot of the day was Grant = FAIL. Warnock = FAIL. Walker = FAIL. Murphy = FAIL. Gibbs = FAIL. Armfield = FAIL. Henderson = FAIL (although the kicking to our forwards was abysmal....again). Waite = FAIL. Garlett = FAIL. Betts = FAIL. Menzel = FAIL. Simmo = FAIL. Rowe = FAIL. Yarran butchers the ball by foot = FAIL.

Bootsma gets spared as his spoiling was exceptional, as was his field kicking, although one horrific missed tackle nearly earned him a FAIL. Juddy, McLean & Scotland = Pass.

Brettie....Bootsma had Grant didnt he and got spanked..then went to Jones and had another goal kicked on him but he did do better after half time and the kid his best.

But seriously we got beat by the likes of Jarryd Garnt, Will Young, Tory Dickson, Jason Tutt. ???...Grant hasnt played a decent 4 quarter game in his life, just shows how much commitment our blokes had tonight..... er I forgot...Mark Austen ...yep that superstar...thats how bad we are going, well beat by nondescripts and our own ex duds....

Dont stop at 10 players cut Mick ...go for 12-15....get some who care and have some pride.