Skip to main content
Topic: Round 19 Collingwood vs Carlton Pre Game  (Read 26314 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 19 Collingwood vs Carlton Pre Game

Reply #45
I don't think there's a future for Tutt at CFC unfortunately so I don't think we should give him any more senior games on that basis.  I fear he has joined Watto in the exit lounge, and they will only play again if we have no one else available. Not sure whether or not Jones is also in there with them at this stage but it must be a strong chance.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #46
Pay him out and piss him off.  I was livid we wasted a pick on that spud, didn't see why then, don't see it now.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #47
Pay him out and piss him off.  I was livid we wasted a pick on that spud, didn't see why then, don't see it now.

mate - he has delivered more than daisy - that spud should be paid out...

Reply #48
Don't get me started on Mick's other pets in Daisy and Jones.... A million a year between them for both and neither worth yesterday's bread.

Reply #49
Don't get me started on Mick's other pets in Daisy and Jones.... A million a year between them for both and neither worth yesterday's bread.

I still think that Thomas has something to contribute and I believe that he is held in high esteem by his team mates.  If he can stay on the park I reckon he could be good value in 2016, but perhaps not quite what his pay packet demands.

I'd would really like him to do well in 2016, just to get up Eddie's goat  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #50

Menzel is talented but lazy and needs the right coach....

Yarran hasnt got his head in the right place and seems preoccupied with other thoughts...

Menzel is only interested in doing the fancy stuff - he always goes for the spectacular goals rather than playing the percentages and he rarely gets out of first gear to chase an opponent - has been the same since he arrived - with the exception of one game earlier this year when he actually pulled his finger out.

Yaz has always been lazy but has been going downhill in a hurry since Betts departed.

Both of these guys have great skills but are not the types you would be looking to rely on when the going gets tough - as is the case these days.

Reply #51
Menzel is only interested in doing the fancy stuff - he always goes for the spectacular goals rather than playing the percentages and he rarely gets out of first gear to chase an opponent - has been the same since he arrived - with the exception of one game earlier this year when he actually pulled his finger out.

Yaz has always been lazy but has been going downhill in a hurry since Betts departed.

Both of these guys have great skills but are not the types you would be looking to rely on when the going gets tough - as is the case these days.

I tend to agree in relation to Menzel, but Yarran is one of the few blokes on our list who won't be bullied.  I just think his natural flare has been stifled so much that he doesn't really know what his role is.

A decent coach will get more out of both players but Yarran should be an offensive weapon and not wasted in defence.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #52
Menzel frightened he'll do another knee. has to get over that psychological barrier.

Yarran, just not trying. Has got off field issues, and i don't know where his future lies.

Tutt, Rowe, Jones, Watson, Blaine Johnson spuds.

Henderson wants to go to Geelong, but club are trying to convince him to stay. Don't know why. Hasn't taken a contested mark since Frank Worall was coach in 1914.

Carazzo, playing out time. Murphy playing sore. Jammo scared of getting another shoulder injury, probably stay on another year, but should give it away. Watch him not tackle on Saturday.

White, an average player at best. Would struggle to get a game in the top 10 teams.

Wiley been a disappointment. Watched him at GWS. Was a real goer, threw himself into packs, but has left it all behind him.

Curnow, a trier, but that's it. His disposal is shocking. Can always get a job at a carnival as one of those clowns in the arcade games that you pop a ping pong ball into its always open mouth. That's cruel, I know.

Walker playing Saturday, but gone. I don't think Dick will make it.

WE do have some positives.

Stating the obvious, Cripps, Graham if he can improve, the two Irishmen, Sheahan and Bierne, I'm looking forward to next year with them, Kreuzer, a fully fit Thomas, maybe will do us some good, Jacksh with another 10 kilos on his body. I want to see more of Fields. Holmann, maybe. Levi getting better.

We desperately need to get it right at the draft anfd trade.

It will take 3-5 years minimum to come good, and that's only if we get the right coach, the right skills coach and the right assistants.

I really would like us to finish bottom, so we can get the first draft pick.

BUT, I'm prepared to forgo that, just to have the pleasure of seeing us beat Collingwood and watching Eddies face turn red with anger and frustration.

GO BLUES!!!!!

Reply #53

What a sad state of affairs this is.
Collo stated in "Inside Football" that in the last few years we've taken the easy way out, getting rid of the rough edged types instead of managing them like we used to. Wish he wasn't right, but he has a very cogent point. Back in the '70's and '80's we had a lot of 'characters', but we managed them. We looked after them. We had a strong culture and strong people and we dealt with the rough edges. Now we don't appear to have any of that: we don't look after our players enough, we don't develop our players enough and we don't manage our players enough. Guys like Menzel and Yarran would never have been issues back then. But now?
Truly we need to develop tough people.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #54
What a sad state of affairs this is.
Collo stated in "Inside Football" that in the last few years we've taken the easy way out, getting rid of the rough edged types instead of managing them like we used to. Wish he wasn't right, but he has a very cogent point. Back in the '70's and '80's we had a lot of 'characters', but we managed them. We looked after them. We had a strong culture and strong people and we dealt with the rough edges. Now we don't appear to have any of that: we don't look after our players enough, we don't develop our players enough and we don't manage our players enough. Guys like Menzel and Yarran would never have been issues back then. But now?
Truly we need to develop tough people.

Goes all to the board.....

Reply #55
Menzel frightened he'll do another knee. has to get over that psychological barrier.

Yarran, just not trying. Has got off field issues, and i don't know where his future lies.

Tutt, Rowe, Jones, Watson, Blaine Johnson spuds.

Henderson wants to go to Geelong, but club are trying to convince him to stay. Don't know why. Hasn't taken a contested mark since Frank Worall was coach in 1914.

Carazzo, playing out time. Murphy playing sore. Jammo scared of getting another shoulder injury, probably stay on another year, but should give it away. Watch him not tackle on Saturday.

White, an average player at best. Would struggle to get a game in the top 10 teams.

Wiley been a disappointment. Watched him at GWS. Was a real goer, threw himself into packs, but has left it all behind him.

Curnow, a trier, but that's it. His disposal is shocking. Can always get a job at a carnival as one of those clowns in the arcade games that you pop a ping pong ball into its always open mouth. That's cruel, I know.

Walker playing Saturday, but gone. I don't think Dick will make it.

WE do have some positives.

Stating the obvious, Cripps, Graham if he can improve, the two Irishmen, Sheahan and Bierne, I'm looking forward to next year with them, Kreuzer, a fully fit Thomas, maybe will do us some good, Jacksh with another 10 kilos on his body. I want to see more of Fields. Holmann, maybe. Levi getting better.

We desperately need to get it right at the draft anfd trade.

It will take 3-5 years minimum to come good, and that's only if we get the right coach, the right skills coach and the right assistants.

I really would like us to finish bottom, so we can get the first draft pick.

BUT, I'm prepared to forgo that, just to have the pleasure of seeing us beat Collingwood and watching Eddies face turn red with anger and frustration.

GO BLUES!!!!!

Where's walker going?

Reply #56
I agree with bignic.

We also have way too many injured players.

We do not have enough tough nuts, skilful players who have a cool head to hit a target and we do not have enough fit/warrior type blokes who can play each and every week or close to it each year.

We seem to be broken physically as well as mentally.

Walker, Jamison and Thomas - can't get on the park to save themselves and when they do they run at 10%.

Jones, Tutt, Whiley, Dick - turned into absolute flop investments. I'm prepared to keep Whiley. The others - meh.

Watson, Ellard - gone 100% have to be gone.

Reply #57
Blokes like Walsh and Holman look to have the killer desire Pratty, we need more kids like them.

Reply #58
I agree with bignic.

We also have way too many injured players.

We do not have enough tough nuts, skilful players who have a cool head to hit a target and we do not have enough fit/warrior type blokes who can play each and every week or close to it each year.

We seem to be broken physically as well as mentally.

Walker, Jamison and Thomas - can't get on the park to save themselves and when they do they run at 10%.

Jones, Tutt, Whiley, Dick - turned into absolute flop investments. I'm prepared to keep Whiley. The others - meh.

Watson, Ellard - gone 100% have to be gone.

Jones should be tried at FB or CHB in the 2s. And told to work his butt off. Perhaps being behind the ball/play will help him improve.....clearly has the athleticism, but between the ears/ Hmmmm.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #59

Took one last week, and most weeks. Averaging 1.4 a game and is =27th in the league for total contested marks, despite playing only 14 games. His 1.4 average ranks him =22nd in the league which puts him top 3%.

...and he HAS been playing badly.

Imagine how good he'll be when he improves and gets back to his best!
THAT's why you try and keep him.