Skip to main content
Topic: Round 19 Collingwood vs Carlton Pre Game  (Read 26320 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 19 Collingwood vs Carlton Pre Game

Reply #60
Henderson is only an average player but he's not a dud, he's well worth his spot on our list and given our complete lack of key position players it would be disastrous to lose a decent one in his mid 20's, there's no way I'd accept anything second rate for him as a trade.
If he wanted out and we could snag a top 10 pick for him then I'd consider it but I don't think Geelong will be offering anything like that.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #61
Don't get me started on Mick's other pets in Daisy and Jones.... A million a year between them for both and neither worth yesterday's bread.

I doubt that we're paying Jones much at all, Thomas will deliver next season.
If we're bagging Mick for them we might as well give him the credit for swapping Hampson for Docherty eh?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #62
He has far more misses than hits. You go on and on about the poor state of the list, last time I checked it was his list for the last three years.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #64
I doubt that we're paying Jones much at all, Thomas will deliver next season.
If we're bagging Mick for them we might as well give him the credit for swapping Hampson for Docherty eh?

The swap of hammer for a pick to get Docherty is one of our better moves. Definitely a tick and he gets credit for that but Thomas was an awful decision and marked the beginning of the end for Mick.

Reply #65
The swap of hammer for a pick to get Docherty is one of our better moves. Definitely a tick and he gets credit for that but Thomas was an awful decision and marked the beginning of the end for Mick.

McLean was an awful decision.....until it wasn't.

If Daisy wins our B+F next year. Is it still an awful decision? Top 3? Top 5?

Reply #66
McLean was an awful decision.....until it wasn't.

If Daisy wins our B+F next year. Is it still an awful decision? Top 3? Top 5?

Daisy will need to be in the best handful of players in the league for a couple of years for us to get value for him now. McLean was an awful decision as we could have netted Talia.

Reply #67
Mclean was awful full stop. Only got a game when the team was riddled with injury and cemented his spot as a bottom 6 player. Hardly worth a first rounder. Daisy is Mick's Mclean but much worse as he is the highest paid player at the club and was also Mick and Swann's best mate.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #68
Giving up pick 24 for Warnock was a shocker.

24: Suban
25 Redden
27: Sam Wright
29: Beams
30: Hanneberry
34: Liam Sheils
37: Zac Clarke
38: Broadbent
39: Steven Motlop
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #69

24: Suban
25 Redden
27: Sam Wright
29: Beams
30: Hanneberry
34: Liam Sheils
37: Zac Clarke
38: Broadbent
39: Steven Motlop

I never understood it, with Jacobs and Hampson developing and our out and out want to keep number 1 to draft Kruezer.

Net result...

Had to give up Kennedy to get Judd.
Lost Jacobs due to lack of opportunity
Missed pick 24 which is a pretty good draft.
Lost 750K a year currently in which we decided not to pay Betts more.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #70
He has far more misses than hits. You go on and on about the poor state of the list, last time I checked it was his list for the last three years.

I know you have a savage hate for Malthouse PI2C but I think that sometimes it stops being rational.
He was at Carlton for two and a half seasons, the deficiencies in our list have been a decade in the making and in that decade Ratten had the list for five and a half years.
It's been a comedy of errors at Carlton for longer than I care to remember and even though I'm not and never was a Malthouse fan I'm not willing to load all of the responsibility for our parlous state on his shoulders.
I'll cut Thomas some slack, it's not his problem how much he's getting paid and he's still wearing our jumper, I'll wait and see what 2016 brings and if he's still injured or playing in the VFL I'll have a rethink.

Reply #71

An understatement, our worst trade since we gave Geelong the Chapman pick for Mick Mansfield.

Edit: The jury's still out on pick 7 for Jaksch but it's not looking flash at the moment, I guess Malthouse should cop the heat for this one.

Anyway, good to see Walks back and I like what I've seen of Holman so far, you just never know.

Reply #72
watson and jakasch should be playing in this game ,but no we drop yaz and rowe still playing.

Reply #73
No arguments with the Warnock trade, it was a shocker but judging it with the ability to see how said draft picks turned out is BS.

Taking a broken Daisy in on a 750k deal when we knew he needed a complete foot reconstruction.....well only a fool or fools would do such a thing. And then to also let Betts go, which in turn has seen the loss of Garlett and now possibly Yarran....well.....that is a c0ck up of epic proprtions, way worse than trading pick 24 for a promising ruckman.

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #74
Have we strayed off topic????