Skip to main content
Topic: Baby Blues vs. Werribee at Visy on Sunday 18th Aug (Read 23438 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Baby Blues vs. Werribee at Visy on Sunday 18th Aug

Reply #60
Re:  The Hawks.

Max Bailey has played 36 games and is 26.  Three knee reco's

It all comes down to a question of talent.   If ROK can't play then move him on.   If you think he can and the Doctors can't see a reason why he can't play a lot of football why would you get rid of him?
difference there is Bailley fills a need.

Cookie, i mean no disrespect with that, however its not being rigid its being realistic.  If he filled an obvious need for us or was a one of a kind, then id say perhaps but 186cm and a good left foot is not special enough to persist with him.

Only way he survives is as a senior listed player.  Someone else goes for him to stay.  As it is there are a few with limited opportunities about to be shown the door, and we are going to get rid of another one to keep O'Keefe.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #61
Rhys O’Keeffe = Played with dash and vigour – another strong bullocking game
RR

Would you bring R O'K  for Bootsma.
Give him Goddard as per last year?

If we want to play finals, we should select the best possible team and, ATM, I don't think that includes Bootsma and I can see nothing to gain by selecting him and subbing him off again because he isn't up to it. I would only play him against the bummers if the MC think we need another taller defender and then, given the size of his likely opponent, I would give serious consideration to Rowe.

I would happily have either ROK or Ellard ahead of Yarran in a make or break game.

Reply #62
Re:  The Hawks.

Max Bailey has played 36 games and is 26.  Three knee reco's

It all comes down to a question of talent.   If ROK can't play then move him on.   If you think he can and the Doctors can't see a reason why he can't play a lot of football why would you get rid of him?
difference there is Bailley fills a need.

Cookie, i mean no disrespect with that, however its not being rigid its being realistic.  If he filled an obvious need for us or was a one of a kind, then id say perhaps but 186cm and a good left foot is not special enough to persist with him.

Only way he survives is as a senior listed player.  Someone else goes for him to stay.  As it is there are a few with limited opportunities about to be shown the door, and we are going to get rid of another one to keep O'Keefe.

Hoping ROK fills a need too.   Hard at it midfielder, clean hands in close and a racking left foot*

* If fit

Reply #63
Sorry but you earn your games in the CFC, not as if Bootsma does much in the twos anyway. That's the type of crap that puts players offside, playing blokes who don't deserve a game. MM is gonna look like a goose if Bootsma doesn't make it that's for sure. The kid is a liability out there. I'd rather give Yarran a go on the wing TBH.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #64
I would happily have either ROK or Ellard ahead of Yarran in a make or break game.

Now that is plain silly!

???
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #65
@Thry

No worries Thry - its just that ROK happens to be a type we are screaming out for and he's reportedly coming good. Agree, only play him this year if he's currently deserving of a spot, and some observers think he is.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #66

Now that is plain silly!

???

Not so, Airborne Lad  :). In a make or break game I'd much rather have a bloke who will put his body on the line; who can be trusted in the trenches/serious heat and has a football brain.... Yazz, in his present state of mind, aint gonna delivery that.

On the surface of it, ROK looks to be a bad investment owing to his body troubles. But looking deeper they seem to be behind him, at long last.

I don't think anyone is recommending him on just one game. Except for yesterday I've seen his games this year since returning and he has improved each time, so I wasn't surprised at his best for us yesterday.

At 6' 3" in the old and close to 90kgs, he provides real grunt around the contest. Plus he can be played off HB as well as mid-field. For a comparison, he's a little like Dinger for grunt/tough stuff but has excellent defensive skills, a footy brain, excellent disposal and attitude. Worth another chance and definitely should replace Boots or Yazz for our next game. :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #67
Want to change Yarran's present state of mind? Throw him down back.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #68
I think I would be looking at starting Yarran at HBF, with a roving commission through the wing and to HF, and into the corridor. That should give him plenty of opportunities to shine, both around the boundary line and with bursts into the corridor. Needs to be somehow brought into the play a lot more - seems to be struggling to find the ball atm, especially up forward. Seems to lack a bit of confidence when he does get it too.

Reply #70
@Cookie

But boy he looked spritely, quick and up for it in the few times he carried the ball out of defence. He was a changed man, albeit for a few minutes only.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #71
@Cookie

But boy he looked spritely, quick and up for it in the few times he carried the ball out of defence. He was a changed man, albeit for a few minutes only.

He looked like a caged animal when he got the ball on half back for the first time, he looked around to as if to say should I, then instinct took over and bang he looked good. Play him on a wing so he can go back when needed and run the ball but also use the ball into the forward 50.

Reply #72
@Raydan
That's exactly what Yazz should be encouraged to do Ray, play on instinct because that's when he's at his best - he's not a big thinker/calculator IMO. He will occasionally stuff up but so be it, the benefits will far outweigh that.

Reply #73
Sorry but you earn your games in the CFC, not as if Bootsma does much in the twos anyway.

Fair enough to say you need to earn a game, but not fair I think to say Bootsma didn't deserve a run. I cannot say I had watched him directly in recent weeks but my mail is Bootsma probably played his best three weeks of football for the club prior to his recall, and he did that as a KPD. So given Watson went down, White is out for the season and Laidler and Duigan continue to struggle for consistency he seemed the logical if not he only choice!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #74
Want to change Yarran's present state of mind? Throw him down back.

Yep and release Gibbs to the guts.

Now we're talkin'. Yazz is just too lazy to be a forward... but down back he MUST work, and everyone benefits. Plus it'll improve his currency when we trade him at year's end.  >:D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17