Skip to main content
Topic: Baby Blues vs. Werribee at Visy on Sunday 18th Aug (Read 23375 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Baby Blues vs. Werribee at Visy on Sunday 18th Aug

Reply #75
Okeefe is playing for his career...Bootsma isnt...Okeefe is also more physically developed and we need stronger bodies in the seniors.....we need a good kicking half back flanker with Scotland close to retiring and Gibbs now more likely to be playing further up the ground. Big rewards if Okeefe makes it as a player and Bootsma has time on his side to develop...

I don't think O'Keeffe is tall enough to be a direct swap out for Bootsma, O'Keeffe is more likely to get a run if someone like Tuohy or Armfield went down.

If Crameri plays again O'Keeffe could do a job on him perhaps, but the other forwards O'Keeffe is either too small or too slow.

Having to rotate Waite back to cover for Bootsma being sub'd is not ideal, if we started with O'Keeffe we would already be starting with a very small defensive line up and would lose some of that flexibility. Waite did play better in defense but doesn't look like a defender, that is not his mindset he is more like a taller and slower version of Walker.

Not seeing the weekend game live I did not notice on the replay, but did Bootsma get anytime up forward?

It will be interesting to see how they all go against the EssenScum who I think have a much harder defensive unit than Nthmond!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #76
O'Keeffe should come in and go to Goddard.
Beat him last year before being hurt. Also got under his skin.
"When the truth comes out, I think you will find that I will be in a very good position."
Lance Hird 13/04/13

Reply #77
Okeefe is playing for his career...Bootsma isnt...Okeefe is also more physically developed and we need stronger bodies in the seniors.....we need a good kicking half back flanker with Scotland close to retiring and Gibbs now more likely to be playing further up the ground. Big rewards if Okeefe makes it as a player and Bootsma has time on his side to develop...

I don't think O'Keeffe is tall enough to be a direct swap out for Bootsma, O'Keeffe is more likely to get a run if someone like Tuohy or Armfield went down.

If Crameri plays again O'Keeffe could do a job on him perhaps, but the other forwards O'Keeffe is either too small or too slow.

Having to rotate Waite back to cover for Bootsma being sub'd is not ideal, if we started with O'Keeffe we would already be starting with a very small defensive line up and would lose some of that flexibility. Waite did play better in defense but doesn't look like a defender, that is not his mindset he is more like a taller and slower version of Walker.

Not seeing the weekend game live I did not notice on the replay, but did Bootsma get anytime up forward?

It will be interesting to see how they all go against the EssenScum who I think have a much harder defensive unit than Nthmond!

Boots went forward briefly on the weekend, but failed to impact any contest, nor was it delivered to him particularly well.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson