Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 7 : Pre Game Thread - Blues v Pies (Read 36134 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 7 : Pre Game Thread - Blues v Pies

Reply #15
Cripps for Sumner or Armfield, if Weitering misses Jamison is the logical replacement, Jaksch simply hasn't done enough to get a game from all the VFL reports I've read on here.
Nick Graham did enough to hold his spot.
Everitt will surely play after 27 touches in the VFL given that he at least kicks the odd goal and links up well, they'll probably drop White for him although if it were me I'd drop Jones, neither of them are much good so it doesn't make a lot of difference.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #16
Jones has played 2 games for 2 wins, he has to stay.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #17
Jones has played 2 games for 2 wins, he has to stay.

Agree. At this stage both he and Levi don't look like the longer term answers to me but they both should remain in the team for now. Jones may well improve as he gets more used to the demands of senior footy and Levi at least offers a good marking target which we are short of.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #18
I suspect Cripps will come in for Weitering and that will be the only change.

If Weitering stays it's likely to be Tuohy out, but I am not confident we will keep both Jones and Casboult so maybe Jones goes out if Tuohy and Weitering stay. But I liked Jones efforts off the ball, he was better than Casboult in this regard and he was a big reason smaller guys got opportunities around packs. But Casboult has him covered elsewhere around the ground.

Unfortunately for us there were a couple of weak efforts from both Casboult and Jones that would normally attract the wrath of the coach, both had opportunity to push hard back into the pack and create a ground ball for our small forwards, both failed to do it and the CheatsFC defense mopped up.

When will our forwards learn to miss marks or spoil defenders to our advantage?

Kreuzer and Phillips were both better in this regard, they took the front spot and pushed back into packs and created ground ball opportunities but too many times there was nobody to crumb.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #19
Agree. At this stage both he and Levi don't look like the longer term answers to me but they both should remain in the team for now. Jones may well improve as he gets more used to the demands of senior footy and Levi at least offers a good marking target which we are short of.

Yep, Jones and Levi should remain as the tall forwards.

Cripps for Sumner or Graham. If Weits is to be replaced, you'd suspect White would get the gig down back and dread amongst dreads... Everitt comes in.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #20
Hope Daisy continues his form against his former club.

The last time we played them Cripps killed them in the last quarter and Buckley said after the game he put Pendles on him to try and curb his influence. Off memory he got 4 or 5 clear centre clearances in a row in the last term to lead us back. Remember the no look one over his head to Murphy who ran clear! :P

We have improved since then and I reckon they have gone backwards.

They have Swan, Varcoe and Elliott all dangerous player out.

On our side Cripps (fingers crossed he plays), Doc and Daisy all in better form this time around plus the additions of Plowman, Weitering (if fit) Bryne, Wright, Kerridge and Phillips has definitely improved us in many ways. We also better coached  - just need smarter kicking into the F50 and we are in this game make no mistake.   

Like the Freo game I reckon Bolts and the boys will see this one as very winnable.  Lets hope for the same result.

Reply #21
Hope Weiters comes up for this game, but no  point risking the lad if he's no t100%.
Don't think we e at that stage of our development where we could actually beat Collingwood, especially an angry Collingwood, but boy, would it be an absolute pisser if we do somehow get the chocolates..
Reckon the Filth fans would just about be in riot mode if that happens, and they'll turn on Bucks quicker then an Essendon player at a truth telling contest lol.

Reply #22
Hope Daisy continues his form against his former club.

The last time we played them Cripps killed them in the last quarter and Buckley said after the game he put Pendles on him to try and curb his influence. Off memory he got 4 or 5 clear centre clearances in a row in the last term to lead us back. Remember the no look one over his head to Murphy who ran clear! :P

We have improved since then and I reckon they have gone backwards.

They have Swan, Varcoe and Elliott all dangerous player out.

On our side Cripps (fingers crossed he plays), Doc and Daisy all in better form this time around plus the additions of Plowman, Weitering (if fit) Bryne, Wright, Kerridge and Phillips has definitely improved us in many ways. We also better coached  - just need smarter kicking into the F50 and we are in this game make no mistake.   

Like the Freo game I reckon Bolts and the boys will see this one as very winnable.  Lets hope for the same result.

Agree - we are in with a very real chance and I will be tipping us.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #23
Would really help our chances for a win if Everritt, Cripps and Walker can all come in.

Reply #24
I just want to beat them - I want us to be the reason why Buckley is sacked.

I want them to hurt and bleed. I want percentage boosters and blood on the floor I want to see head splits and suspensions - I want war.

Reply #25
Regardless of whether Weitering comes good or not, he should be rested for a week and then played in the seconds the week after.

He is too valuable a commodity to risk and he looks a tad tired after his first 5-games.

Letting him freshen up and fully recover from the shoulder injury will do us no harm either.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #26
BB needs to work out a plan to out a grind a win just like we have the last two weeks. The opponent this week is just as "bad" as the last 2 weeks. Have some faith.
Go Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #27
I just want to beat them - I want us to be the reason why Buckley is sacked.

I want them to hurt and bleed. I want percentage boosters and blood on the floor I want to see head splits and suspensions - I want war.

Buckley is not going anywhere.  

Reply #29
Regardless of whether Weitering comes good or not, he should be rested for a week and then played in the seconds the week after.

He is too valuable a commodity to risk and he looks a tad tired after his first 5-games.

Letting him freshen up and fully recover from the shoulder injury will do us no harm either.
I agree. We do not want to ruin him.
I wouldn't play Jamo either. His form does not warrant a recall and he spent 3/4 of the last weekend's game off with concussion.
Live Long and Prosper!