Skip to main content
Topic: 3 into 2 won't go. (Read 7254 times) previous topic - next topic

3 into 2 won't go.

We have a problem. ???
For a change it's not a bad problem.

How do we work our Ruckmen into the side?

Kreuzer seems to go better when he has the responsibility of  being the main ruckman.
Casboult seems to go better in an around the ground/2nd ruck role rather than being our key forward.
Phillips has shown signs that he could develop into the best option for that first ruck position.

Do we play Phillips and push the others back into their "secondary" roles....(Kreuzer 2nd Ruck, Casboult KPF)
Do we go with the structure we used yesterday and leave Phillips out...in which case his development is put on pause.

Re: 3 into 2 won't go.

Reply #1
Turn Phillips into a forward! ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #2
Firstly we wait until Phillips is fit again.
Ruckmen seem to get injuries fairly often.

When all three are fit I reckon it will be back to Casboult at CHF. Simply because that is our big problem position at this stage.
I agree with Lods though. Levi did a great job in the ruck around the ground.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #4
We have a problem. ???
For a change it's not a bad problem.

How do we work our Ruckmen into the side?

Kreuzer seems to go better when he has the responsibility of  being the main ruckman.
Casboult seems to go better in an around the ground/2nd ruck role rather than being our key forward.
Phillips has shown signs that he could develop into the best option for that first ruck position.

Do we play Phillips and push the others back into their "secondary" roles....(Kreuzer 2nd Ruck, Casboult KPF)
Do we go with the structure we used yesterday and leave Phillips out...in which case his development is put on pause.

There's no problem here Lods.

Philips will come back in I reckon.

The Kruez /Philips combo is what Bolts wants and they showed how effective they are against the Bombers.

Kruez may have looked to have played better but that's just minutes in the action. He took 1 mark.

The Kruez/Phillips combo took 10 and rucked better.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #5
There's no problem here Lods.

Philips will come back in I reckon.

The Kruez /Philips combo is what Bolts wants and they showed how effective they are against the Bombers.

Kruez may have looked to have played better but that's just minutes in the action. He took 1 mark.

The Kruez/Phillips combo took 10 and rucked better.

I guess what prompted the thread is that Casboult went so well yesterday playing more of a second ruck rather than a key forward role.
If we go with the Kreuzer / Phillips combination does that restrict Casboult's involvement.

Reply #6
If Cas could kick straight (and I know he did ok yesterday), we wouldnt have this problem.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7
I guess what prompted the thread is that Casboult went so well yesterday playing more of a second ruck rather than a key forward role.
If we go with the Kreuzer / Phillips combination does that restrict Casboult's involvement.

I don't think Cas did go well as second ruck.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #8
It will be back to BAU with Kreuz and Phillips as the ruck combo IMO.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #9
Kruezer started well but Grundy seemed to be jumping all over him after half time and I reckon his days of playing most of the day on the ball are over and he needs
Philips to give him a spell plus I think Philips is a very handy ruckman anyway.

Casboult needs a run up the ground to get the cobwebs out early and get his hands on the footy, then you can move him back down forward on a more permanent basis.
I like Casboults marking ability further up the ground and as Ben Reid can tell you when he is throwing himself about he is a scary man.....some of the young Collingwood defenders didnt want much to do with the Boult in marking duels and I thought he intimidated them with his size.

I think there is room for the three....

Reply #10
Agree 100%. He doesn't need to belt people his shear size is intimidating, very impressed with his contests y'day and he seriously scared the pies' defenders.  About time we had some presence on the ground.

You cause a lot of carnage when you hit marking contests like he did (and dies).
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #11
Agree 100%. He doesn't need to belt people his shear size is intimidating, very impressed with his contests y'day and he seriously scared the pies' defenders.  About time we had some presence on the ground.

You cause a lot of carnage when you hit marking contests like he did (and dies).
He was an imposing figure yesterday. Reid is still hurting today I reckon.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #12

Prof...You wonder why Buckley dropped Nathan Brown and left them undersized down back especially with Reid being such a iffy player with injury?....

Reply #13
Prof...You wonder why Buckley dropped Nathan Brown and left them undersized down back especially with Reid being such a iffy player with injury?....

Buckley was saying post game that he was desperate for Brown and Cloke to step up to the mark and their senior places await them. Atm though they are not reaching the required standards.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #14
Buckley was counting on Blair, Fasolo and the other small fwds getting the job done. Our backline and team defence was pretty solid yesterday for the most part. A couple of times we were caught out on the turnover but overall, solid I thought.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th