Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 8: Post Game Euphoria!: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 35883 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 8: Post Game _______: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #15
Loving this....

Reply #16
LLLLWWWW. Liking the look of that. I could get used to this winning caper.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #17
You phukkkkkkking beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto

Kroooooooooozer 
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #18
Never underestimate the value of crap, ugly wins, like our first two wins. They build confidence and belief, as we can see.

Reply #19
Great to see Bolton make a bee line for Simpson at the end. This club has turned quite a corner. Brilliant team effort today. Best win in years.

Reply #20
Nearly gave me a heart attack. I'll take a win any which way it happens. Special K's work today made me smile.  ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #21
Go Baggers!

Who would've thought that out of the Big Four, its the Blues who are top of the ladder!

Great win.

Reply #22
I loved seeing the emotion from Simmo. This game meant so much. Even Gibbs looked a bit red-eyed when speaking to Mooney after the game.
After jumping around my lounge room I litterally sat on my couch and wept a little bit haha. That was just amazing.
Up until 2013 I hadn't had a number on my Guernsey since number 43 when I was ten. The night before we played Richmond in the final I ironed on the number 6. Absolutely love Simmo. Heart and soul blue bagger!!

Reply #23
How well did Rowe play when Casboult's role was entrusted upon him. Back in the role we originally recruited him for.

Kreuzer is sooooooooooooo much a better player when he's not sharing the ruck duties.

Reply #24
Don't underestimate the physical work that the 'much criticized' Liam Jones did today. Crashed every contest and opened it up on the ground.

Reply #25
On the train coming back from the game.

Given we were down our main forward, lost our ruck and best midfielder for chunks of the game and made a number of horrendous mistakes, I'm still trying to figure out how we won that game.

All I can say is it sounded like there was 50,000 at Etihad, not 27,000.  If this win doesn't boost membership then nothing will.

Reply #26
The effort from Murphy in the last few minutes was incredible. Just willed himself at it with repeat efforts.
Awesome work from Rowe around the ground. Held his own in the ruck and got in great positions when needed.
Plowman got crunched at one stage (will be pi$$ing blood this week),  but kept going.
Gibbs was great both offensively and defensively.
Love watching Lamb get stuck into the opposition.

Unfortunately I think Jamo is just about done. Doesn't look like he has any confidence in his body.

Reply #27
magnificent game. a full 4 quarter effort.
Credit to all the players that stood up, put their bodies on the line
Hickleys face said it all minutes from the end. He saw a side that played like his team did 2 years ago.

Reply #28
Don't underestimate the physical work that the 'much criticized' Liam Jones did today. Crashed every contest and opened it up on the ground.

Jones was OK today but he thinks slowly.
He's got very good leg speed for a bloke his size but a couple of times today he hesitated momentarily before he chased, it's as if he loses touch with the game sometimes, or is so focussed on his own game that he forgets the simple things.
He's never going to be a top player but we might finally get some value from him.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #29
Jones was OK today but he thinks slowly.
He's got very good leg speed for a bloke his size but a couple of times today he hesitated momentarily before he chased, it's as if he loses touch with the game sometimes, or is so focussed on his own game that he forgets the simple things.
He's never going to be a top player but we might finally get some value from him.

He's alright for a third tall