Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 9: In Game Angst: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 11677 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 9: In Game Angst: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #15
Yep, playing 21, again.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #16
Gunna get ugly I think, not getting much of a go from the germs in green though. Wouldn't mind Lindsay Thomas getting a whack in the chops...would be well deserved I reckon.

Reply #17
Not sure what is wrong with 1AW, if you want to play forward you have to take responsibility for the shots, looks like he doesn't want the kick!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
This is fkd. How can Ziebell claiming a mark he dropped not be holding the ball, but curnown a headlock is??!!

Reply #19
The endeavour is there , but we are plain & simply undermanned , North are not 8-0 for nothing , as long as the effort is there , and we learn that's almost a win for us.

Reply #20
I don't think Jacob W is quite ready to come back, seems to be lacking a lot of confidence that he had before his shoulder

Reply #21
Could be right Crazy , if we didn't have the injuries he might have been given another week I think

Reply #22
Certainly matching them in some of the general play, but a difference in experience / class shows out at times

Reply #23
Don't look composed at all.
Some still carrying old baggage with 1st thoughts of going sideways without looking up the ground.
Tackling not flash either.
Weitering looks tentative.  Cripps too.
Murph playing well and Sumners been great.Daisy been good.

Too many having an off night.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #24
Sumner is showing his worth. Gorringe is doing the best he can. I think they have Rowe going against Goldstein and being a bit more physical. Byrne, Plowman, White are sticking to the task but the flow of the ball into the defence makes it hard.  Cripps looks like he could be struggling. Weitering looks a little under done.

Reply #25
I don't think Jacob W is quite ready to come back, seems to be lacking a lot of confidence that he had before his shoulder

If we cook this kid by playing him when he is not ready, in games we are not expected to win, during a season we are not expected to be competitive in, I'll personally tear some new ones at CFC headquarters.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
In the words of Radiohead, thanks to the umpires we have been CRUSHED LIKE A BUG ON THE GROUND.  Six 50/50 decisions in a row went their way in that 2nd q.

Gibbs went back into his shell that q. after seemingly breathing fire in the first.  I wish Cripps didn't feel the need to go up in the ruck.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #27
Half Time and we have problems:
Carlton 3 - 4 - 22
North 8 - 9 - 57

We had some good patches, but the difference in in the middle.
Kerridge and Docherty 16 possessions, Gibbs 14, Byrne 13, Thomas 12, Murphy 11. But the difference is the ruck, where Goldstein has killed us. Gorringe and co have done OK around the ground, but at the centre bounce we have been obliterated. They have 4 goals from centre clearances.
7 frees to 14 doesn't help either.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #28
Sumner has been good....Scott has done his home work on our small defenders trying to cheat off their men...Thomas and Harvey have slipped away a couple of times and been unmanned and they dont need many opportunities to punish us on the scoreboard..

Petrie and Waite havent done much but the 3rd member of their tall forwards in Brown has flogged us...

Gorringe is a reasonable athlete and footballer but hasnt got much idea in the ruck but hasnt been disgraced...

Just have to hang tough and keep it respectable...

Reply #29
Despite being undermanned, we stepped it up in the last 10/60 before half time.
The effort and tenacity has been there, but not the polish.
I agree Weits and Crippa look tentative possibly not 100%. Walker.... making some poor decisions. Curnow, Burns, Gibbs, Kerridge, Plow, Doc are looking the goods.
Sumner's a jet and Armfield's pressure is solid.

May Gorringe learn what to aspire to tonight.

Keep up the pressure Blues.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.