Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 10: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 37763 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 10: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #120
Jones very unlucky IMO and wtf is going on with Jaksch?

I just hope the two "INs" will be OK and the medical staff know what they're doing.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #121
Jones out but everitt and walker remain? BS.

If Jones is indeed a late inclusion as many believe, making Everitt or Walker the 'emergency' would have been a better option. Give them a little rocket and make them pull their finger out.

Reply #122
Jones out but everitt and walker remain? BS.

If Jones is indeed a late inclusion as many believe, making Everitt or Walker the 'emergency' would have been a better option. Give them a little rocket and make them pull their finger out.

I'm think Indigenous Round saved Walker, although that shouldn't be a reason as he's playing crapful.

Thinking Jones is out for "balance" as I think Rowe is going to back Kreuzer up in the ruck, hence play forward, while Casboult looks after his leg and simply plays forward.

Everitt, for all his frustrating faults, keeps scoring, as he did last year. Guessing he'll need a few more games like last week before they drop him as his ability to consistently hit the scoreboard better than others keeps him in i'd say. Something we struggle with. He'll be overtaken eventually.

Fair chance Casboult doesn't playing meaning Jaksch may come in.

Reply #123
I suspect that the Match Committee has very different opinions about Walker and Everitt to those of some folk here.  Walker and Everitt seem to be sharing the whipping boy role   ::)

Like Lods, I'm a little surprised to find myself thinking that Jones is a little unlucky to be out of the 22.  I'm also a little surprised that Jaksch didn't make the 22 but, as others have suggested, it may be because he can't provide a chop out for Kreuzer.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #124
Reckon Jones is the one who has got whipped.....disgraceful decision to drop him IMO given that lad has at least been trying each week since his return.
I hope he plays on Sunday.......there is no way his form has been any worse than AW and Everitt IMO...at least he chases and contests..

Reply #125
Jones very unlucky IMO and wtf is going on with Jaksch?

I just hope the two "INs" will be OK and the medical staff know what they're doing.

Agree...Jaksch has been reasonable each week in a NB's team that has been ordinary and he should be in the team learning the trade for the future....

Reply #126
I suspect that the Match Committee has very different opinions about Walker and Everitt to those of some folk here.  Walker and Everitt seem to be sharing the whipping boy role   ::)

Like Lods, I'm a little surprised to find myself thinking that Jones is a little unlucky to be out of the 22.  I'm also a little surprised that Jaksch didn't make the 22 but, as others have suggested, it may be because he can't provide a chop out for Kreuzer.

Think this is it as I don't think they'll ruck Casboult on Sunday. Hence Rowe slots into the other forward spot for a week or so.

Reply #127
I'm think Indigenous Round saved Walker, although that shouldn't be a reason as he's playing crapful.

Thinking Jones is out for "balance" as I think Rowe is going to back Kreuzer up in the ruck, hence play forward, while Casboult looks after his leg and simply plays forward.

Everitt, for all his frustrating faults, keeps scoring, as he did last year. Guessing he'll need a few more games like last week before they drop him as his ability to consistently hit the scoreboard better than others keeps him in i'd say. Something we struggle with. He'll be overtaken eventually.

Astute. If Everitt was playing down back and performing the way he is - good night nurse. But, he's kicking goals which saves his clacker. Not good for team morale the way he fails to hurt in the contest for his team mates (as they do for him), but in the short term he does hit the scoreboard and at this stage we need that.

Ps. Yes, Walks had better have a ripper because if he doesn't then he should be replaced.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #128
Walker is fine.

Unfortunately it looks like he hasn't kicked a football before.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #129

I don't care if their name is Chris Judd, if you are not doing the team things like at the very least chasing your opponent, then your spot in the side needs looking at. Everitt, despite kicking goals, has looked as disinterested as chasing his opponent as anyone has since 'bad fev' was around.

Against North....
Walker - 8 disposals @ 50%. 2 tackles and 1 goal
Everitt - 10 dispoals @ 80%. 1 tackle and 0 goals
Jones - 12 disposals @ 83%. 2 tackles and 2 goals 1.

Everitt and Walker are the whipping boys because Jones was omitted in front of them despite giving more yet all playing a somewhat similar role up forward.

Reply #130
I don't care if their name is Chris Judd, if you are not doing the team things like at the very least chasing your opponent, then your spot in the side needs looking at. Everitt, despite kicking goals, has looked as disinterested as chasing his opponent as anyone has since 'bad fev' was around.

Against North....

Everitt and Walker are the whipping boys because Jones was omitted in front of them despite giving more yet all playing a somewhat similar role up forward.

In fact, Everitt and Walker had very different roles to Jones.

Jones is a key forward with the task of taking marks or, failing that, bringing the ball to ground.  He took one mark against the Roos.  Walker played as a lead up forward and took six marks. Everitt played more as a swing man and got most of his possessions up the ground.  None of them are setting the world on fire but, if Casboult plays, it makes more sense to leave Jones out.

If it was up to me, I would have Jaksch in for Everitt, but I'm not privy to the coach's instructions to Everitt.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #131

Against North....

Previous 2 weeks 5 goals though on top of 31 goals last year. Coaches talk alot about team things but they're never in a hurry to drop anyone that still plays some decent footy hits the scoreboard, especially in a side that struggles to score. They all like to win. Nature of the beast.

You might not actually be wrong but that's the way of the way of the footy world. As Baggers said, if he was a defender doing what he does he'd be out of the side and not getting back in a hurry at all until he picks up.

Reply #132
What this tells me is that Jones has been earmarked as a stop gap or depth player who will only be selected when there are no other options available. He is obviously not impressing the MC enough for them to persevere with him and he will likely be gone as soon as the opportunity is right.

Reply #133
What this tells me is that Jones has been earmarked as a stop gap or depth player who will only be selected when there are no other options available. He is obviously not impressing the MC enough for them to persevere with him and he will likely be gone as soon as the opportunity is right.

Excellent point.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #134

Jones is also Indigenous isn't he? Didn't help him much.