Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 10: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 28162 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 10: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #105
You missed #6.  Another top game and is aging like a fine wine.

week in week out. goes without saying.
He will finish his career when ever that will be, esteemed as one of the finest, courageous , and loyal servant of the club.
Play your heart out like its your last game in a defensive unit that got nailed for the better part of 10 years, will never go unnoticed

Reply #106
week in week out. goes without saying.
He will finish his career when ever that will be, esteemed as one of the finest, courageous , and loyal servant of the club.
Play your heart out like its your last game in a defensive unit that got nailed for the better part of 10 years, will never go unnoticed
and that there is why he is my favourite CFC player of ALL time.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #107
and that there is why he is my favourite CFC player of ALL time.

He's far from my favourite player ... but I completely understand why younger folk would pick him.

I hope he goes on for another couple of years, cracks the 300 game barrier and experiences finals success; he deserves it!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #108
He's far from my favourite player ... but I completely understand why younger folk would pick him.

I hope he goes on for another couple of years, cracks the 300 game barrier and experiences finals success; he deserves it!
I ain't young
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #109
I ain't young

Younger than me G2C  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #110
probably not by much
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #111
I do love Simmo and if he had played in our peak era he would be remembered as one of the greatest because he would have cut loose more often from the hb down the wings.

His is a shining light for professionalism and have a real red hot go and making the most of what you are born with.

I have never had an opposition supporting mate of mine say a bad word about Simmo, I think he is pretty universally respected.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #112
Only Bradley, Doull, Nicholls and Silvagni have played 300 games for Carlton. Simpson hopefully will be joining them next year.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #113
We should swoop and give pick 2 for Kelly on mega deal to be honest

Reply #114
My favourite Simpson story

This happened in the game

[flash=400,400]https://www.youtube.com/v/sGlXdgT6ukY[/flash]

Bob Murphy talks about it on 360

[flash=400,400]https://www.youtube.com/v/hlozk6eNJxs[/flash]

:))

Reply #115
We don't need Simpson being ironed out by that spineless turd to know he's tough.

And as for those useless bastards on 360..........

Reply #116
We should swoop and give pick 2 for Kelly on mega deal to be honest

Disagree...no more mega deals and not for an unproven player.....really what has Kelly done?, he is no Dangerfield or Martin...

Reply #117
I think i'm younger than you too and that's saying something...lol!

Reply #118
Disagree...no more mega deals and not for an unproven player.....really what has Kelly done?, he is no Dangerfield or Martin...

EB - have you watched this kid play? I'm surprised it's sounds like you don't rate him highly.

Ever since the media has spoken about these media offers he is being offered Ive watched him closely.

He is some sort of a player. Quick deadly accurate with ball in hand and kick goals. As it stands he is in the top few mids in the comp. But the difference they are older and already at their peak.

His kid hasn't peaked yet. At worst will be a star mid for the next 10 years - but could easily be the best player in the comp from next year on.

For the same dollars would pick him over Fyfe or Martin in a heartbeat.

Reply #119
EB - have you watched this kid play? I'm surprised it's sounds like you don't rate him highly.

Ever since the media has spoken about these media offers he is being offered Ive watched him closely.

He is some sort of a player. Quick deadly accurate with ball in hand and kick goals. As it stands he is in the top few mids in the comp. But the difference they are older and already at their peak.

His kid hasn't peaked yet. At worst will be a star mid for the next 10 years - but could easily be the best player in the comp from next year on.

For the same dollars would pick him over Fyfe or Martin in a heartbeat.

Shawny...reckon he will stay with GWS and while I think he is a good player I dont think he is a great one, kicks the ball well in a Nick Dal Santo fashion and accumulates the ball but
I dont think is a high impact player like Dangerfield, Martin etc and I also dont think he would give us that extra physical edge on the ball we need..