[ 5 ] (13.2%)
Quietly excited
[ 8 ] (21.1%)
A little bit of excitment
[ 9 ] (23.7%)
Meh
[ 16 ] (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Topic: Rate Your Enthusiasm Level For Season 2014 (Read 17433 times) previous topic - next topic

Rate Your Enthusiasm Level For Season 2014

So, did the first game of the year creep up on anyone else?

This is the most blase I've felt about a season since 2006/2007. I have my membership but my interest is very low.

How are you feeling?

Re: Your Enthusiasm

Reply #1
Strangely unexcited...
There seems to be a fair bit of pessimism around regarding our chances.
I'm sure that would turn on its head if we had a 50 point win on the weekend.
....but at the moment a few unavailable players and a couple more under fitness clouds has added to the less than enthusiastic feelings.

Malthouse's second year should see us primed for a good season.
Hopefully that's what's in store for us......It's been way too long....It's unnatural.

Reply #2
I'm scared with how disillusioned I got with footy last year but then I just have to think back to being at the G with 95k people in that epic final and the thrill it gave me. I want that thrill again.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #3
I despise going to Docklands - that takes out 50% of the fun
I despise watching interstate games on Foxtel - I don't have Foxtel - so I go to a pub where I never go for any other reason
No social Club
Princes Park gone
its all pedestrian and boring now...

Reply #4
Feeling strangely pessimistic but I am sure once the ball is bounced the excitement and passion will surface. Well, I sure do hope so.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #5
I'm nervous about our first few games. It won't be certain how our season will go. We need every available player fit and running. I choose to be optimistic because we have the remaining few months to lose faith and watch everything turn to carp. Fingers crossed for all the optimistics around this place. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #6
I despise going to Docklands - that takes out 50% of the fun
I despise watching interstate games on Foxtel - I don't have Foxtel - so I go to a pub where I never go for any other reason
No social Club
Princes Park gone
its all pedestrian and boring now...

x2 (though I have Foxtel!)

I used to love that old Social Club bar!!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #7
I'm nervous about our first few games. It won't be certain how our season will go. We need every available player fit and running. I choose to be optimistic because we have the remaining few months to lose faith and watch everything turn to carp. Fingers crossed for all the optimistics around this place. ;)

With you Mantis. You can only live in hope and what's the point otherwise. If we win a few early then I'll be much more excited.

Reply #8
I suppose we can't win either way...

We win the pre-season and people predict doom and gloom.
We lose the pre-season and people predict doom and gloom. ::)

MM has said it is a marathon, I am quietly confident we will make the finals, after that it's anyones guess.

But if we are 0 - 3 then I will be calling for blood >:D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #9
I want to see the guys that should/could/would want to step up and be consistently be very good or elite players actually do it - in this bracket I throw in Yarran, Kreuzer, Gibbs, Lucas, arguably even Murphy too.

Murph's 27 in a few months - and only 1 AA season?

And I want a new draftee or recent draftee - Cripps, Watto, Holman, Bell - to have a big, big, stellar season, like pushing for AA selection.

I also want Daisy and Everitt to turn it on and in Daisy's case shove it right up FIGJAM.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #10
I'm going to be travelling for a fair part of this season so I'm not as excited as usual.  However, I reckon we'll have a pretty good season and I'll be back for the pointy end of the finals  :)

Objectively, we have a stronger list than last season, perhaps the strongest in ten years, and the coach and the playing group should understand each other by now.  If we have a little luck with injuries and the tough draw doesn't have too much of an impact, we should be more than competitive in the finals.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
I'm excited as you look at the draw and we really should be aiming to be no worse than 6-2 at our first bye. The 2nd half of the season is a lot tougher but as Port showed last year if you can build momentum in the opening rounds it can carry you right the way through the season.

Reply #12
I had a look at the first round today.  Starting the season over two weeks, with no big or interesting games is a ho hum effort by the AFL.  There needs to be something to look forward to, but there isn't.  Suddenly what looks like a round of practice matches are being played for points.

Carlton v Port Adelaide?  How boring to start a year (although we should get a win).

Reply #13
[flash=300,200]http://www.youtube.com/v/V8FiAhzKQOM[/flash]

Reply #14
in short - an injury to a key player away from the black dog