[ 5 ] (13.2%)
Quietly excited
[ 8 ] (21.1%)
A little bit of excitment
[ 9 ] (23.7%)
Meh
[ 16 ] (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Topic: Rate Your Enthusiasm Level For Season 2014 (Read 17436 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Your Enthusiasm

Reply #15
I despise going to Docklands - that takes out 50% of the fun
I despise watching interstate games on Foxtel - I don't have Foxtel - so I go to a pub where I never go for any other reason
No social Club
Princes Park gone
its all pedestrian and boring now...

x2 (though I have Foxtel!)

I used to love that old Social Club bar!!!

Me too!

Reply #16
I despise going to Docklands - that takes out 50% of the fun
I despise watching interstate games on Foxtel - I don't have Foxtel - so I go to a pub where I never go for any other reason
No social Club
Princes Park gone
its all pedestrian and boring now...

x2 (though I have Foxtel!)

I used to love that old Social Club bar!!!

So did I  ;), although I used to routinely walk outside onto the social club deck seating forward of the bar as soon as the games started.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #17
And I want a new draftee or recent draftee - Cripps, Watto, Holman, Bell - to have a big, big, stellar season, like pushing for AA selection.

Make sure that's only tobacco you're smoking there Flyboy!!

Reply #18
Obviously the players don't share our pessimism.....which is probably a good thing ;) :D

Link from the jumper thread....
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-legend-wayne-johnston-names-robert-warnock-as-key-factor-to-blues-finals-aspirations/story-fni5f5nx-1226852882535

"I then spoke with 'Murph' (Murphy) about where the club is at because I can't remember the place being so happy and Mick Malthouse has to take credit for that."

Reply #20
After reading most experts predictions for the 8 this year any pessimism I had was fuelled by only Sellars predicting us to make the 8!  :(
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #22
Always like the excitement of a new season starting, the first couple of games will set the tone for me. Hopefully we are not disappointed!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #23
I'm feeling Meh about this season, but I think that could be a good thing. Every other year I get super excited and have heightened expectations only to be disappointed.

Maybe the reverse will happen this year.

Reply #24
Murph's 27 in a few months - and only 1 AA season?

Been trying to point out for some time how much we overrate him.

We've both been critical of his Game, where no doubt he is a good player but always needed to step it up a notch. His Best in his AA year was superb and therefore I rate him a good chance with a second year of captaincy and a good pre season to bring his A Game. I'm backing him in, but I will always mark him a tad hard.

This thread is timely, I guess with the cricket just finishing, I actually watched 30 mins of pre-season, not signed up for Fantasy Football and haven't even joined a footy tipping comp yet. Maybe losing the traditional Thursday Game against Richmond has waned some peoples enthusiasm, i remember the last few years getting home from work early to watch it, not being able to concentrate at work all day. This year i told my wife that Carlton is on Saturday night... I didnt even know it was Sunday!

I have a good record of picking where the blues will finish and i really have no idea this year. I actually have a funny feeling of Top 4...

"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #25
Is this lack of enthusiasm down to the club's management and their handling of the club to some extent?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #26
The only thing sapping my enthusiasm for the season is you guys and your depressing predictions!! Haha

I'm pumped, just like I always am, and think we're going to cause all sorts of drama for teams this season. Bit of luck with injuries and we can match it with anyone!
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #27
A little more enthused now cricket is finished, but being over in SA I dare say I will only get to see 40% (or maybe less) of our matches (with no fox at home).

(Some IN's for the scum would be nice too and cheer me up a lot).

Reply #28
Is this lack of enthusiasm down to the club's management and their handling of the club to some extent?

not making the 150 year celebration about the ordinary supporter instead of the crazy prices they set and the entire signature debacle certainly put them behind the 8 ball IMO.

Reply #29
The only thing sapping my enthusiasm for the season is you guys and your depressing predictions!! Haha

I'm pumped, just like I always am, and think we're going to cause all sorts of drama for teams this season. Bit of luck with injuries and we can match it with anyone!

Yep, if we can't win the flag this year it would be good to wreck a few other team's chances!  :))
Reality always wins in the end.