Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 22: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 11610 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 22: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #15
Cripps spent the morning in hospital. Ear infection, almost pulled out....but didn’t.  That’s our leader. 

Reply #16
Cripps spent the morning in hospital. Ear infection, almost pulled out....but didn’t.  That’s our leader.

Says it all.
You wont find a more courageous, committed,  humble human being.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #17
McGovern plays much better when he's fit rather than fat.

Reply #18
6 wins in the second half of the season is more than expected. Be a lovely bonus to make it 7 next weeks but the Cats are tough to beat down there.

Reply #19
Listening to Ratten's post match presser, said that Casboult was clearly BOG today.

I have mixed feelings about him getting the Saints gig. I'd like to see him coach again, but gee they're an ordinary club. Their list would have to be bottom 3 in the comp. Their recruiting and trading over the last several years has been lousy.

Reply #20
Tigers player takes a mark seconds after the siren and it's paid.  The very next week....

3*'#$ clowns.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #21
McGovern plays much better when he's fit rather than fat.
Didnt recognise him today. Looks a lot fitter so hopefully he can become as consistent  as his brother. Loves to take a mark as he showed a couple of times today one ripper and one almost even better much to simmos disgust.

Reply #22
Tigers player takes a mark seconds after the siren and it's paid.  The very next week....

3*'#$ clowns.

Said the same thing at the time. One pays the mark the other one reveses it. I would of been kicked out and banned if security was arround.

Reply #23
Mark was after the siren, but not  by as much as last week.  It was fun booing anyway.

The big curiosity was in the third.  There was a bit of a stacks on by the boundary line in our 50. Ball was not out, although players thought it was.  Unless called play on , players were running to position,  but the ball was still live.   After a bit, umpire calls a ball up.  Can't temember the result (did it lead to as Saints goal), but it was a real wtf.

I haven't watched the replay, but can anyone shed some light on this one?

Reply #24

3*'#$ clowns.

Don't forget Harry against the hawks. Cost us the game.

Technically the only incorrect decision was against us last week. Doesnt make it suck any less

Reply #25
David Teague.
You are a star.

We had 8-9 best 22 out today

Great win

Reply #26
Listening to Ratten's post match presser, said that Casboult was clearly BOG today.

I have mixed feelings about him getting the Saints gig. I'd like to see him coach again, but gee they're an ordinary club. Their list would have to be bottom 3 in the comp. Their recruiting and trading over the last several years has been lousy.

Thought he and kruzer were our best today. Ratten gave him the ultimate complement today by moving Carlise down to the forward line in the last 1/4 to make him more accountable. He just kept going like the enegiser bunny.

Reply #27
Thought he and kruzer were our best today. Ratten gave him the ultimate complement today by moving Carlise down to the forward line in the last 1/4 to make him more accountable. He just kept going like the enegiser bunny.

I thought Kreuzer's final quarter was exceptional. Agree, Ratts tried a few things on Levi, but he just had the Midas Touch today. 9 intercept marks I think, which is a crazy stat.

He and Jones were on the way out the door and quite likely out of the AFL system, and yet now both look very capable and would be turning a few heads at other clubs I reckon. Maybe our player development is finally a thing.

Reply #28
I thought Kreuzer's final quarter was exceptional. Agree, Ratts tried a few things on Levi, but he just had the Midas Touch today. 9 intercept marks I think, which is a crazy stat.

His last mark I'll remember for a long time. Its when I knew we had finally won it.

We've had so many pummelings at the hands of the Saints over the years that it turned me off going to the footy. I can revise that now.

It was also nice to see two Carlton men in the respective coaches boxes.

The Saints aren't as bad a team as some make out and their leg speed could've killed us today. The game was won in the third quarter when we stopped the Saints run and applied the intense pressure in our forward line. We could never do that under Bolts and you get the sense that its what is going to take this team a long way.

Harry's set shot kicking has been diabolical since the groin injury, hopefully he'll be over that next season.

Reply #29
Fantastic win against the odds, all of our bit players put in and our stars stepped up.
Murphy clearly BOG for mine, he went at it all day and didn't put a foot wrong, his goal in the third was sublime.
We sung the song loud and proud.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.