Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 22: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 11580 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 22: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #30
i can't believe the difference in the way we're playing now.  we've got a pretty exciting team and there are a few auto ins in the wings. and playing and winning like that will look pretty appealing to the trade targets in our sights.

the beautiful thing is we'll finish bottom 4 still and get a nice easy draw next year.  just like brisbane. we could really shoot up the ladder if this preseason hits its potential.

Reply #31
the beautiful thing is we'll finish bottom 4 still and get a nice easy draw next year.  just like brisbane. we could really shoot up the ladder if this preseason hits its potential.

Let's wait and see what the AFL's discretionary component of the schedule does to our draw before we comment!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32
Just watched a replay of the Harry mark -> quick handball to Murph streaming past -> spots The Governator sprinting toward goal -> spearing kick out in front so he can gather & run into open goal.

Orgasmic.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Re: Daisy

Reply #33
True
But Daisy provides experienced and versatile depth.
A harsh reality is that Docherty and Willo…. and to a lesser extent Marchbank have all had a couple of injury plagued seasons....a few of the others struggle to make it through full seasons.
They all need to show they can stay on the field.

However it seems the decision has been made...despite a strong and increasing resistance it seems Daisy's Carlton time is up.
But if I was him I'd keep my phone close...I expect he'll be getting a call or two.
He's the type of player the Gold Coast would benefit having around in some capacity.

There must be more to the Daisy story....either off field stuff or some amazing players coming in....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #34
Tigers player takes a mark seconds after the siren and it's paid.  The very next week....

3*'#$ clowns.
To be dudded like that 2 weeks in a row was more than galling. The umps really need to have a good look at themselves.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #35
To be dudded like that 2 weeks in a row was more than galling. The umps really need to have a good look at themselves.

The siren clearly went before Silvagni marked.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #36
As it did last week. It went earlier last week. And yet Richmond get an undeserved goal and we do not.
Consistency? No such thing. And what of the nonsense spouted last week? Not a word.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #37

No one disputes that.

I think this is the issue - and different to last week's one...

10.4 End of Quarter
(a) The Timekeeper shall sound the siren until a field Umpire acknowledges that the siren has been heard and brings play to an end.

(b) In the event the field Umpires do not hear the siren, the Timekeeper may advise the field Umpires of the end of the quarter via the Umpires communication system.

This rule is not well known by football fans and clearly states that the umpires are the sole judge of when a quarter ends.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #38
52,000 at the G for our home game. I’m sure they didn’t budget for anything like that for a Round 22 vs St  Kilda match.

I dare say another financial windfall for the club. The story keeps getting better.

Reply #39
His last mark I'll remember for a long time. Its when I knew we had finally won it.

Watching Murphy run past with his fists in the air was nearly as good to watch as the mark

Reply #40
It was great to get out of that with a win, particularly with an undermanned defence.  Levi was excellent (and Teague clearly wants him as a forward option in 2020), Plowman was undersized but stood up well and Newman, Thomas, Setterfield, Samo and Simmo were all instrumental in denying St Kilda.

I was pleased with Dow and O'Brien.  Both showed poise and commitment and I think that they will continue to develop and improve and have big seasons next year.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #41
It was great to get out of that with a win, particularly with an undermanned defence.  Levi was excellent (and Teague clearly wants him as a forward option in 2020), Plowman was undersized but stood up well and Newman, Thomas, Setterfield, Samo and Simmo were all instrumental in denying St Kilda.

I was pleased with Dow and O'Brien.  Both showed poise and commitment and I think that they will continue to develop and improve and have big seasons next year.

Wasn’t Plowman on Membrey?

Reply #42
Not sure he's been mentioned but DeLuca had his best game for us.
Still a way off, but improving with each game....and his effort at times was first class.

Reply #43
Not sure he's been mentioned but DeLuca had his best game for us.
Still a way off, but improving with each game....and his effort at times was first class.

I think he learnt Daisys candy selling techniques.

Made quite a few players miss in tight.

Good signs his confidence is growing and started to get used to the speed of AFL footy.

Reply #44
I think he learnt Daisys candy selling techniques.

Made quite a few players miss in tight.

Good signs his confidence is growing and started to get used to the speed of AFL footy.

That's what made me laugh...even we arm chair warriors know it's a big step up from any level to senior AFL footy - let alone a mid season switch and coming off a hammy....

There were those who labelled him 'not up to it' after less than a handful of games. F...me.

The bloke is quick, hungry and keen to succeed.

Once he settles, his moments of over zealous decision making should settle. I reckon he'll be a 100 + gamer for us. And have more time ion the guts!
Finals, then 4 in a row!