Skip to main content
Topic: Blues V Cats - Pre Game - Round 12 (Read 38924 times) previous topic - next topic

Blues V Cats - Pre Game - Round 12

Blues V Cats - Pre Game - Round 12

Etihad Stadium - 6th June, 7.50pm

Let's get the ball rolling.

Re: Blues V Cats - Pre Game - Round 12

Reply #1
Both teams coming off embarrassing losses, one team will know what to do the other has NFI.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #2
Oh the pain. They had to get beaten by 110 pts for the first time in fork knows how many years the week before they play us. Great, forking great. There could be fatalities for us!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
Pussy's will have a 200 point turnaround. They'll belt the crap out of us.
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #4
Here's a scary question. Do we play Rowe or Jamo on Hawkins?
Hope Walker comes back in defence cause Yarran will go for a week. I can imagine how frustrated he was after THAT mark and the missed shot, but just  dumb when it was all over. 
They threw us out in 2000 until the rat led us back. Then we killed the rat and got an old pie.

Reply #5
We re forked
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #6
the board will meet 4 days after it

Reply #7
This is going to be bad real bad. And to anybody who thinks we will win, I want some of whatever your taking. I've seen some people posting in other threads that we will win, and I'm telling u we r no chance. If we can keep the loss under 10 goals that's a win.......

Reply #8
This is going to be bad real bad. And to anybody who thinks we will win, I want some of whatever your taking. I've seen some people posting in other threads that we will win, and I'm telling u we r no chance. If we can keep the loss under 10 goals that's a win.......
I am not looking forward to this. I had negative feelings last week. I guess we do have the chance to show if we have something, if we can respond after last night's embarrassment. But I wouldn't want to be wasting money on it.
We have now lost to Melbourne and Brisbane, when both were at their nadir. How low can we go?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9
I'm expecting a win, or at the very least a performance that has folk saying "gee they were unlucky"
That's what we do. ;)
That's what's so bloody frustrating. >:(

Reply #10
We're due for a win.
We have no chance of winning.
So...we will win.

Makes no sense....but remember this is Carlton we are talking about.

Traditionally, Geelong cannot keep up with us. We are too quick for them.
Hopefully Yarran doesn't get rubbed out, i doubt he will.
Hopefully we get both Walker and Armfield back....maybe Judd too.

I'd look at losing Carrazzo, Ellard (inj) and McLean.

Load up on speed, and let them chase tail.

Play casboult at FF and tell him to lead straight up the corridor, anybody who stands in the hole in front of him is to be given serious doubts about doing it a second time.

Make geelongs backmen start watching their back and get the ball moving in with speed and all we have to do is convert and we win.

Reply #11
Judd, Curnow, Armfield, Walker all possible ins to strengthen us. Who misses out?

Ellard inj, Robbo? Yaz? Mclean? Carrots i think deserves a couple more games, looked rusty.

Reply #12
If Geelong had beaten the Swans or even had a small loss, I would have given us a chance because that's the sort of team we are.

But coming off a 100 point thrashing, as bad as our blokes should be feeling, and who knows if they feel anything, the cat's players will be feeling much worse.

Reply #13
I go in with no expectations. I'm hoping it turns out like a movie and I'm pleasantly surprised  :))

Reply #14
I just can't believe after all the woeful performances , lack of heart, selfishness, rubbish that our boys put out week after week, and people still think we will beat a quality, well drilled team like Geelong . I hate Geelong but they are a 110 point better side than us, do forget the win and just pray we don't get smashed.