Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 14: In Game Anxiety: Carlton vs GWS (Read 9796 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 14: In Game Anxiety: Carlton vs GWS

With the game in Sydney and only on Fox, I won't be seeing this week's game any time soon.
Pity, but it has happened quite a lot this year. I can't remember a year when I have not been able to see so many games while actually being in the country!
Those lucky enough to be there, shout loud for me!
At least I'll be able to see the Northern Blues on TV.  ;)

Anyway, I got this ready, as I have no idea how busy I'll be in the morning. I look forward to a much better performance than we showed against St Kilda.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 14: In Game Anxiety: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #1
Not a flash start, we have hardly had a touch, and we are 15 down. Very sloppy start, several dropped marks in defence hasn't helped.

Reply #2
Nice set shot from Walker , Goal from boundary

Reply #3
Wow as much action here as there is on our forward line  :D

Reply #4
Jason Tutt ................. think first man !!

And learn your limitations too !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #5
Seems there are twice as many GWS players on the field than ours. First to the ball, clean & slick , that class we all saw coming is certainly evident these days. Must say our style of play might be making them look better as well.

Reply #6
Looking ominous, we could easily be 7 goals down at quarter time.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #7
This will be ugly, we're completely outclassed.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #8
And some, that style of play in our golden era early this year not happening today. Our only forward play is to have players running on to a long ball. Showing a real lack of genuine forward options, and not real go to person on our forward line.

Reply #9
We've done well to get this close.
We have no forwards...they've got a dozen :(

Reply #10
They are well drilled , the way they break , we can learn from them for sure. Evident again Philips takes a mark short of the centre has no where to go , slow rainmaker into the forward line , no real direction and they clear with ease.

Reply #11
Stat on Fox shows the dominance 9 out of the last 10 scores

Reply #12
They are well drilled , the way they break , we can learn from them for sure. Evident again Philips takes a mark short of the centre has no where to go , slow rainmaker into the forward line , no real direction and they clear with ease.

Most of the ugliness in modern footy comes from the child like obsession with mass numbers at the stoppages - those teams that can get fast, clean takeaways from the congestion are at an enormous advantage - and at the moment, GWS and Geelong are the best at this.

Reply #13
To true PaulP they are certainly putting on a clinic today, difference in class & skills is on show for sure.

Reply #14
To true PaulP they are certainly putting on a clinic today, difference in class & skills is on show for sure.

Our tackling looks very good to me. 12 points down. Tutt OOF.