Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 23: Pre Game Investigations: Carlton vs Essendon (Read 16971 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 23: Pre Game Investigations: Carlton vs Essendon

Our last game for the year against the Drug Cheats early on Sunday. Interesting to see if we can repeat the effort we put in today. I didn't think we could pull today off, as we are terrible at milestone games now. However, I hope we can give the Drug Cheats exactly what they deserve.
I expect to be there for a change. :) That will probably hurt us more than help us, but I'm not going to miss this one!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 23: Pre Game Investigations: Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #1
Hopefully we get a glimpse of McKay next week at senior level.

SOS for Everitt next week (there was a stage in the game where we saw the timidness of Everitt on show when he was making a feeble attempt to tackle and Tuohy arrived to show him how it was done...)

But if McKay did make an appearance next week who would you drop? Can't drop Jones on today's form. Likewise Kerridge, who goes out for Kerridge if he's over his illness and ready to return (Graham earned a game next week)?

Maybe the best thing is just the one change (SOS for Everitt) and get another game into McKay in the magoos?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
For mine, Daisy should be dropped based on form but I doubt they will as its his 200th next week. Did he have a specific role today? Watching on TV, he was largely unsighted and appeared to struggle when he was in picture.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
Hopefully we get a glimpse of McKay next week at senior level.

SOS for Everitt next week (there was a stage in the game where we saw the timidness of Everitt on show when he was making a feeble attempt to tackle and Tuohy arrived to show him how it was done...)

But if McKay did make an appearance next week who would you drop? Can't drop Jones on today's form. Likewise Kerridge, who goes out for Kerridge if he's over his illness and ready to return (Graham earned a game next week)?

Maybe the best thing is just the one change (SOS for Everitt) and get another game into McKay in the magoos?

SOS will come in for someone. Like to see McKay in but there's no-where to put him. Levi was great last week and Jones has had two good weeks. Seem to go well together.

Reply #4
When Daisy runs at full pace he resembles a man running in wet cement.

Tries his guts out but his body has given out on him, we can't carry a running player who can't cover ground and he is an average kick at best these days.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #5
Agree, professor.  I have wanted  Daisy to work out,  but it seems to be his mind is willing only. Doesn't seem to have any impact at all.

Reply #6
Does he still have 2 yrs left with trigger for 3?
Gee if his form this year is anything to go on, surely he'll struggle.
I hear he's a great mentor and off-field contributor, but is he up to the rigors of the game for that period?
I hope he shows us he is, but it does look like his body's failing him sadly.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #7
I understand that there is a clause in his contact that says that he has to play a minimum number of games in his 4th year to guarantee a 5th year.  That could be his problem. 

Reply #8
I thought Daisy was OK yesterday.  He linked up well and provided a cool head when required.

His body isn't capable of the gut running and explosive speed that marked his best years and I suspect that he is learning to play within his limitations.

Daisy is still in our best 22 but I suspect that will change next season.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #9
Our last game for the year against the Drug Cheats early on Sunday. Interesting to see if we can repeat the effort we put in today. I didn't think we could pull today off, as we are terrible at milestone games now. However, I hope we can give the Drug Cheats exactly what they deserve.
I expect to be there for a change. :) That will probably hurt us more than help us, but I'm not going to miss this one!

Saturday @ 2:10 pm Crash.

Reply #10
I have never looked at the final match of a season with less interest than this one.

I'm totally focussed on what happens the week after.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #11
Yep, byes are very interesting!   :D

Reply #12
Yep, byes are very interesting!   :D
I have never looked at the final match of a season with less interest than this one.

I'm totally focussed on what happens the week after.

I was about to say - nothing on field, nothing off field. Maybe Sheik's going on holiday.

Reply #13
I'd say unfortunately we may not get a chance to play McKay uness they decide to give Jones or Casboult a rest, most likely to be Jones...Or bring in McKay for Everitt and decide to let Silvagni have another week out. He's got the whole summer to rest though!  ;)

Though, if young Silvagni is ok to play he'd be a definite to bring in for mine, for Everitt.

Or, maybe go with one genuine ruck this week (though both did well against Gawn).

Keep Graham in. Kerridge has been so-so anyway.

Thomas will get a gig for his 200th.

Reply #14
YAY for being the last game of the season.