Skip to main content
Topic: Baby Blues vs. Frankston at Frankston on Sunday (Read 9879 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Baby Blues vs. Frankston at Frankston on Sunday

Reply #15
Colder than a politician's promise at Frangerland this arvo. Worst grandstand, in terms of visibility, in the known universe.

Franger won 16-8 to NBs 13-13.

We lost this game in the first half with what could only be described as woeful disposal and decision making... handed them goals, easy goals, silly goals.

We really didn't look likely until Buckley copped an elbow to the head which fired up the side. We should have won as we really did dominate the game in most respects just way too many terrible errors in the first half. Our tackling and pressure on the opponent from late in the 2nd qtr onward was really good... forced them into plenty of errors.

Buckley - in everything. Showed his class with some good run and great snap goal. The boy is quick and I amazed that his skinny legs can kick a footy so far!
Levi - presented well and clunked a few. Worked hard in the ruck but made some really dumb decisions in front of goal trying to snap across his body. Like most of his mates, got better as the game progressed.
Casper - busy and worked hard on the ball.
Boots - really good. If not for his defensive work it could have been very ugly. Wish he'd back his judgment at times and mark rather than spoil.
Graham - got caught a few times today as Franger seemed to really sit on him... still got lots of the aggot and seldom wasted a disposal.
Marcon, Gianfagna, Lambert, Bransgrove and Wilson - these Preston boys really did work hard and showed some of the CFC boys -- especially early -- how to work hard. Wilson almost single handedly kept us in the game early on.
ROK worked hard but hasn't got his touch back yet... just good to see him get another game under his belt. At least, especially early, his kicks to position hit a team mate on the chest.
Warnock - did some good things but failed to deliver what he should. Visser replaced him in the last quarter and did better!
Bell - reminds me a little of Robbo in terms of disposal... just blazes away at times and even when he intends to kick it to a team mate it can go anywhere. Still too rough around the edges for mine.
Mitchell - took a couple of marks but was generally a waste of space. Could see him working harder but just fails to impose himself on the contest and does not take marks he should. As RR has mentioned, he just fails to get off the ground when contesting for a mark. He got some good delivery but failed to capitalise.
Davies - solid in defence.
Temay - did some very good things later in the game ...starting to show what folks have talked about. His size worries me though, just too small.
Menzel - has that freakish edge and has a defensive game! Flashed in and out of the game but what he did had class (except for one horrible shot on goal).
Joseph - liked his game and along with Bootsma, was one of our much better defenders.

Duigan (susp) and Laidler did not play.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #16
Good report Baggers

Had no idea we would lose when I decided not to go - just thought it would be a boring game and I felt like watching something more interesting - very disappointing

Reply #17
Thanks Baggers, great report.

Reply #19
We lost this game in the first half with what could only be described as woeful disposal and decision making... handed them goals, easy goals, silly goals.
Good to see the two's playing exactly like the one's.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time