Skip to main content
Topic: RD 19 : Blues Lose To Frockers (Aftermatch Angst) (Read 55924 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 19 : Blues Lose To Frockers (Aftermatch Angst)

Reply #120
anyone got a link to MM's presser?

Reply #121
I watched the whole game. For 3/4's of that game we withstood and held our own against a Top 3 side imposing enormous pressure despite us being one man down and having several passengers.

They were down their two best key position players (some may argue their two best players)

Quote from: Tex
I'm not sure where people expect us to be at?

The same place you expected us to be at last year.

The writing was on the wall when Sandilands lined up against Kreuzer who has wrecked himself over the last fortnight.

This comment means nothing. How did Kreuzer wreck himself? By playing two decent games? What a fkn joke, that doesn't even rate as a cop out.

Yes, certain parts of the game showed our soft underbelly. But this has been part of our club for many years now. It will take take to overcome that. Fortunately we have the right coach for the job now.

Our underbelly is softer and we have in fact gone backwards with the new coach. Many players way down on form. Once again, your comments make little to no sense.

Again: it was a fair effort for where we are at as a club.

Again, you must be delusional. I think you're the only person on here who thinks that. I think you should just face up to the realisation that Ratts was not that bad and the appointment of MM is another c0ck up from the very board you no doubt criticise.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #122
I watched the whole game. For 3/4's of that game we withstood and held our own against a Top 3 side imposing enormous pressure despite us being one man down and having several passengers.

They were down their two best key position players (some may argue their two best players)

I'm not sure where people expect us to be at?

The same place you expected us to be at last year.

The writing was on the wall when Sandilands lined up against Kreuzer who has wrecked himself over the last fortnight.

This comment means nothing. How did Kreuzer wreck himself? By playing two decent games? What a fkn joke, that doesn't even rate as a cop out.

Yes, certain parts of the game showed our soft underbelly. But this has been part of our club for many years now. It will take take to overcome that. Fortunately we have the right coach for the job now.

Our underbelly is softer and we have in fact gone backwards with the new coach. Many players way down on form. Once again, your comments make little to no sense.

Again: it was a fair effort for where we are at as a club.

Again, you must be delusional. I think you're the only person on here who thinks that. I think you should just face up to the realisation that Ratts was not that bad and the appointment of MM is another c0ck up from the very board you no doubt criticise.
Re 1: yep, they were. And despite this they played with enormous intensity. If we played a full team Freo and they played at 95% people here would be cheering about how we're a certainty for a Preliminary final. They are the ones who need a reality check. You can only beat what is dished up on the night, and Freo dished up some pretty bloody good footy last night. It is irrelevant who was not named in their best 22.

Re 2: I think I said Top 4/6 last year, and Top 8 this year. Last year we didnt develop as we should have. Effectively Ratten had taken the group as far as he could. This year I altered my position simply on the fact that it takes half a season or more to work out a gameplan and 'buy in' to that plan. Much like Fremantle last year (who finished 7th or 8th?).

Re 3: I disagree. I think it was a poor decision to play a lone ruck against a superhuman in Sandilands. I also think expecting Krezuer to perform the way he has over the last few weeks against Sandilands was unrealistic.

Re 4: The games against Hawthorn and Fremantle suggest otherwise. We were in both of them against relentless pressure. Its still soft, but I think we're a lot harder team than where we were last year. Interestingly, MM in his PC says 'we weren't hard at all' - I'd hate to know what he thought of us the last few years. I also point towards Kane Lucas, Cachia, McLean, Henderson as players who have come on under MM. Once again our gameplan takes time adjusting to and this may be a reason for certain players lack of form.

Re 5: Well fme Carrots, atleast I dont go changing my opinion after every week. ::)

Reply #123
I also point towards Kane Lucas, Cachia, McLean, Henderson as players who have come on under MM.

Lucas has shown a little for sure. Cachia wasn't on our list I dont see how he comes into that equation. Mclean played better last year than this year. Henderson was injured all through last year and you can pout his improvement down to natural progression. The rest of the list is going backwards. What happened to them Tex? You seem to think all is fine so what's your explanation?

Re 5: Well fme Carrots, atleast I dont go changing my opinion after every week. ::)

Proof please. I have said for quite some time Malthouse concerns me, my opinion hasn't changed. You're not just throwing that BS comment in to fill in the space because you have no reply are you? You seem to be favouring the cop outs quite a lot of late.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #124
I also point towards Kane Lucas, Cachia, McLean, Henderson as players who have come on under MM.

Lucas has shown a little for sure. Cachia wasn't on our list I dont see how he comes into that equation. Mclean played better last year than this year. Henderson was injured all through last year and you can pout his improvement down to natural progression. The rest of the list is going backwards. What happened to them Tex? You seem to think all is fine so what's your explanation?

Proof please. I have said for quite some time Malthouse concerns me, my opinion hasn't changed. You're not just throwing that BS comment in to fill in the space because you have no reply are you? You seem to be favouring the cop outs quite a lot of late.
No, I'm referring to the Sack Ratts thread last year, which from you has continued on into this year.

I dont think the list is going backwards. I'd be surprised if anyone else thinks that. The team is in a transitioning phase, but I dont think our development has stalled.

Lucas has shown enough to suggest he'll be there in 100 games time.

McLean had some good performances last year - later on. But he had never cemented himself in the midfield group like he has this year.

Also Andy Walks has - finally - developed into a fine running HBF, despite 4 years of mediocrity under Ratten.

Re Cachia: He was drafted in 2010 and spent two years on our list, not playing a singe game. Ratten was the coach at this time.

People need to go back and read the post-match threads from 2012. Its all very well to say 'It has never been this bad before.' Actually, it has, and only 12 months ago we were at one of the lowest ebbs.

Reply #125
100%.  Our midfield is that of a bottom 8 side.  Small, slow, low skill.  Low "hurt factor".  Can't get it, or get it AND stop the other bloke.

Can't play Cachia, Carrots and Curnow in the same side.  3 taggers is like playing without half a midfield.  Too defensive because the big names don't have a defensive side.

Robinson has had a dog of year - can't buy a kick.

Give Bell or even Graham a go.. and tell 'em to do they do best - hunt the ball.  Force the other mob to be accountable by causing scoreboard hurt.

Mundy, Fyfe, Crowley, Barlow at 190 + cm and similar weight...and they run both ways.  That's why we were crushed.

Well summed up Prof....we are a the Bulldogs of old with Dimmatina, Libb and Romero....all tagging and no attack or flair.

Reply #126
Our blokes do not run hard enough both ways. Freo worked much harder all night.

Just watching the MM interview with Richo Yarran limping badly in the background with his shin iced.

Been saying it for years..

Yarran limping,  ::)  just trying to justify why he had such a sh1t day at the office. Weak bastard!
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #127
To think Ross Lyon was with us for 5 years as an assistant........ in hindsight we should have kept him.

Reply #128
Our blokes do not run hard enough both ways. Freo worked much harder all night.

Just watching the MM interview with Richo Yarran limping badly in the background with his shin iced.

Been saying it for years..

Yarran limping,  ::)  just trying to justify why he had such a sh1t day at the office. Weak bastard!

Yarran limping - un- effin' believable! What did he do, trip over his own bootlaces? Pfft!  >:(
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #129
Dockers gameplan is simple.

Pressure and numbers around the contest and down back.

Wait for opposition mistake

Counter.

With dumb sexond class footballers such as Mitch Robinson, Andrew Walker, Ed Curnow disposing of the ball, mistakes are just waiting to happen.

Defensive mindset and gameplan eh Mick? You just let a team averaging 70
Points a game and had 33 inside 50's last week score 116 points.

"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #130
@Shadesy

A telling phrase in there Shades - we have far too many dumb second class players. Glad that MM has indicated that big changes are a comin' - just hope he delivers on that.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #131
Dockers gameplan is simple.

Pressure and numbers around the contest and down back.

Wait for opposition mistake

Counter.

With dumb sexond class footballers such as Mitch Robinson, Andrew Walker, Ed Curnow disposing of the ball, mistakes are just waiting to happen.

Defensive mindset and gameplan eh Mick? You just let a team averaging 70
Points a game and had 33 inside 50's last week score 116 points.

Mick needs to find a few cattle rustlers !!   The majority of lame cattle we have are riddled with Foot in Mouth disease.

Reply #132
I find it funny that people are talking about the main problem actually solving our issues!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #133
The 3 amigo's are really starting to p155 me off.
get rid of at least 1 of them , if not 2.

What a difference a few weeks make eh?
8 goals between them in a one point win over North, the team who beat Geelong on Friday night, and 6 last week in a 7 goal win.
We had a bad night as a team last night, it happens when you're a middle of the road side playing against a genuine Premiership chance, but tipping buckets on our good players won't change the fact that we have an average list.
We can't sack 20 players.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #134
The 3 amigo's are really starting to p155 me off.
get rid of at least 1 of them , if not 2.

What a difference a few weeks make eh?
8 goals between them in a one point win over North, the team who beat Geelong on Friday night, and 6 last week in a 7 goal win.
We had a bad night as a team last night, it happens when you're a middle of the road side playing against a genuine Premiership chance, but tipping buckets on our good players won't change the fact that we have an average list.
We can't sack 20 players.

Agree with this.

We were very competitive for 3 quarters against a clearly better team. 4th quarter fade out was bad, but the fitness base (and possibly interest base) is lacking for some reason.

As an aside, I think Pav is holding the Frockers back - they look a lot hungrier when he's not there. Just a theory.