Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 567156 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #2085
Etiquette normally dictates that you give a warning first.

Personally I don't see how it can be out... The bowler has not bowled a legitimate delivery,  so basically it is a dead ball situation as the ball has not returned into play?

The ball is live as soon as the bowler enters their delivery stride.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2086
The MCC has come out in support of Ashwin and the Mankad rule:

However, the traditional custodians of the game's laws have ruled in Ashwin's favour.

The MCC released a statement which began by clarifying law 41.16 — non-striker leaving his/her ground early — and said the law was "essential".

"In relation to the incident, the wording of the law needs to be examined to understand it further," the MCC statement read.

"This law is essential. Without it, non-strikers could back up at liberty, several yards down the pitch, and a law is needed to prevent such action."
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2087
The ball is live as soon as the bowler enters their delivery stride.

Yes.

That has been the rule for a long time.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #2088
The MCC has come out in support of Ashwin and the Mankad rule:

It had to because that is the way the rule is written.

This run-out issue is pretty simple, it's like being booked for speeding, don't do it and you won't get caught!

But even so I reiterate, I'd make it a short run if the non-striker leaves the crease before the ball is released, the batsmen will stop doing it immediately.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2089
Bit of a grey area... In his delivery stride ? .. But they take the bails before delivery, so technically there isnt one.

Need to tighten the wording I reckon but I'm OK with the rule in principle.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #2090
If Warner had done what Ashwin did he'd be the worst bloke in the world (again)

Reply #2092
RIP Bruce ????

I always liked the way he went about his cricket.  He wasn’t the best cricketer but he always had a crack.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2094
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E44S3FWxsT4

This bloke is bowling now in the 3rd ODI.

Hard to get a great read on his action given the angles and limited footage but gee, it looks dodgy to me....noting I'm old school.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #2095
Careful,  they'll accuse you of being a racist.

Yep,  I'm totally old school on this as well and I don't like it.   I suspect he's within the permissible 15 degrees, but with my bowling coach hat on,  he's straightening his arm,  which is throwing.  I bet it gets more apparent as he strives for pace or tries variation balls where his wrist becomes more mobile (running down the seam etc).

Reply #2096
Firstly, last night shows the conundrum players like Maxwell and Finch present. Erratic at best they provide an X-Factor that can deliver wins against the tide in difficult conditions. If only they could do so consistently, but then I suppose it wouldn't be an X-Factor.

Careful,  they'll accuse you of being a racist.

Yep,  I'm totally old school on this as well and I don't like it.   I suspect he's within the permissible 15 degrees, but with my bowling coach hat on,  he's straightening his arm,  which is throwing.  I bet it gets more apparent as he strives for pace or tries variation balls where his wrist becomes more mobile (running down the seam etc).

100% agree, it's all Dav Whatmore's fault, he played the racism card when Muralitharan was been called and now the cat is out of the bag and the offending bowlers doing this can turn it on and off at will. Nobody thinks Murali is the same quality "bowler" as a player like Warne, not even the equal of greats of the past like Bedi or Qadir
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2097
RIP Bruce ????

I always liked the way he went about his cricket.  He wasn’t the best cricketer but he always had a crack.

One of the most energetic, likable cricketers of my childhood.  Loved watching him.  He was good enough to bamboozle the Windies regularly, and was the bowler Sunil Gavasakar picked as the hardest to face.

Very sad to hear this news....all my heros, getting to this age....quite sobering.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #2098
Great entertainer,  served it back to the windies when they were unstoppable.

Reply #2099
Anyone who thinks the IPL isn't about BCCI controlling world cricket best review next summers schedule! ;)

Geez the ACB is pissweak! BCCI want to re-organise their schedule under some bogus scheme mostly so they do not lose out 1st class games to the IPL schedule, and every other country in the world has to accommodate them!
The Force Awakens!