Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW - Trade (Read 11270 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW - Trade

Reply #32
Any whispers floating around about a Tayla Harris deal?

It seems both ominously and unusually quiet for such a deal to be in the works!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
Any whispers floating around about a Tayla Harris deal?

It seems both ominously and unusually quiet for such a deal to be in the works!

Can't we pick her up as a delisted free agent if no trade gets done anyway?

Reply #35
Tayla Harris is Bluebagger, deal done. Just popped up on my phone app/
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #36
Bella Ayre and midfielder Nat Exon to the Gabba and forward Bianca Jakobsson to Melbourne.

Wow, that is a big price to pay!

Exon is a shock for me, the type of player we generally lack.

Sorry to see Bianca go, but it seems she was open to a move for whatever reason.

Bella Ayre showed commitment;
BELLA Ayre lives a double life.

By day she’s a Year 12 student at Bendigo Senior Secondary College. But as soon as the bell goes, she’s a Carlton footballer.

Three times a week Ayre, 18, travels two hours up and back to Ikon Park with three Blues teammates.

They leave Bendigo when Ayre finishes school at 3.30pm and don’t make it home until midnight.

“It’s pretty crazy,” Ayre said.

“The travel would definitely be the most exhausting part of it. The club’s been really good helping me juggle everything and my parents are really easy-going and school’s been great as well — it’s easier than what I thought it was going to be.”

St Kilda have senior men who won't leave Brighton to get to training! ;o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #37
Bella Ayre and midfielder Nat Exon to the Gabba and forward Bianca Jakobsson to Melbourne.

Wow, that is a big price to pay!

Exon is a shock for me, the type of player we generally lack.

Sorry to see Bianca go, but it seems she was open to a move for whatever reason.

Bella Ayre showed commitment;
St Kilda have senior men who won't leave Brighton to get to training! ;o

Three of our best???
It does seem a big price to pay.

Reply #38
Three of our best???
It does seem a big price to pay.

We must have a lot of faith in some of the new rookies.

I suppose this competition as a new as it is will be very dynamic as it grows.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #39
Nervous about this. Gutted to lose BJ, and Ayre and Exon are best 22. Feels like we're selling the farm for all hype and no output. This is probably the equivalent of trading Casboult, Jaca Silvagni and Ed Curnow for Josh Schache.

Reply #40
Nervous about this. Gutted to lose BJ, and Ayre and Exon are best 22. Feels like we're selling the farm for all hype and no output. This is probably the equivalent of trading Casboult, Jaca Silvagni and Ed Curnow for Josh Schache.

Nat Exon was a favourite of mine, and many really, and will be tough to replace.

Jakobsson is an excellent mark, but an average kick. Our 'female casboult'. I think she is a bit older too IIRC.

Bella Ayre gave us some good moments but has a lot of limitations for the long term. Speed, endurance and overall athleticism is lacking in comparison to Harris.

So basically, Harris is a big upgrade up forward on Ayre/Jakobbson. It gives us the best 1-2 forwardline in the league with Vescio. We already have the best defender in the league (Davey) and upgraded that area with Stevens, B+F winner from Collingwood. Giving us the best 1-2 backline in the league.
Our midfield stocks are not too shabby. Sarah Hosking is a better version of Nat Exon, and hopefully getting her twin sister Jess back from injury provides the cover we need there.

Put money on us to win the flag now. ;)

Reply #41
If nothing else, think of the marketing this girl can bring us....

She is/was a marquee player and a face of the AFLW.

Reply #42
and....

Reply #43
The Club is making a massive statement by luring over the best young key forward in the comp, along with Collingwood's  All Australian B&F winner. With Harris, Vescio, Stevens, and Davey, we'll be star studded next year, and the flag is a realistic objective.
The old days are back, albeit in the AFLW!!

Reply #44
The Club is making a massive statement by luring over the best young key forward in the comp, along with Collingwood's  All Australian B&F winner. With Harris, Vescio, Stevens, and Davey, we'll be star studded next year, and the flag is a realistic objective.
The old days are back, albeit in the AFLW!!

Its not just about luring someone over, its about being a place that they WANT to come too. Something our blokes are struggling to setup.