Skip to main content
Topic: Tayla Harris vs Trolls (Read 3288 times) previous topic - next topic

Tayla Harris vs Trolls

Just on the CheatsTV pissweak reaction to those trolls pestering Tayla Harris.

Firstly, what a bunch of fecking morons CheatsTV really are, it just exposes the true attitude of the AFL and CheatsTV towards the AFLW, no wonder their station and organisation appears full of Dankettes and drug apologists. CheatsTV is a forking disgrace and should be excluded from all future broadcast rights negotiations. There is some true irony when their talent describes Sam Newman as a dinosaur, I hope Sam Lane has enough willpower to call them out on air!

Secondly, Carlton fans this is why I demand our club becomes less passive and more pro-active in the media. The loudest voices supporting Tayla should be Carlton fans and the Carlton Football Club. Our board members and executive should have stormed the media last night demanding respectful treatment. Carlton fans and the Carlton football club get around Tayla Harris and build the culture, if you don't it's just another sign you'll give up the line meekly and mildly.

Finally, what a freaking superstar Tayla is, what a role model for everyone.
The Force Awakens!

Re: Re: 2019 AFLW Preliminary Final: Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #1
Just on the CheatsTV pissweak reaction to those trolls pestering Tayla Harris.

Firstly, what a bunch of fecking morons CheatsTV really are, it just exposes the true attitude of the AFL and CheatsTV towards the AFLW, no wonder their station and organisation appears full of Dankettes and drug apologists. CheatsTV is a forking disgrace and should be excluded from all future broadcast rights negotiations. There is some true irony when their talent describes Sam Newman as a dinosaur, I hope Sam Lane has enough willpower to call them out on air!

Secondly, Carlton fans this is why I demand our club becomes less passive and more pro-active in the media. The loudest voices supporting Tayla should be Carlton fans and the Carlton Football Club. Our board members and executive should have stormed the media last night demanding respectful treatment. Carlton fans and the Carlton football club get around Tayla Harris and build the culture, if you don't it's just another sign you'll give up the line meekly and mildly.

Finally, what a freaking superstar Tayla is, what a role model for everyone.

Well said LP.

For those that are unaware about this issue. There was a picture of Tayla kicking action from Sat game. A credit to any footballer kicking for goal, take note Cas. Some crude remarks about the photo which was posted on @AFL7 twitter feed. Click on the link below and should be able to follow the story.

https://twitter.com/taylaharriss

Reply #2
I didn't see what the trolls wrote but I can imagine the sort of demeaning tripe that would appeal to folk whose IQ is lower than shark sh1t.

Channel 7 was p1ssweak to pull the photograph but good on Tayla for speaking out and the club for backing her up.  I heard Tayla on the wireless when I was driving home today and she was articulate, forceful and just a little angry.

Go girl!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
She's an impressive person for a 21yo.

And may she kick 5 on the weekend!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #4
I'd like to see anybody say any of that stuff to her face. I'm tipping at least 90% of them would not be walking away unassisted.

Good on everyone for backing her up too.

Re: 2019 AFLW Preliminary Final: Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #5
There's some sick puppies out there.  Handled herself with class

Re: Tayla Harris vs Trolls

Reply #6
I just split and merged this topic as it was being discussed in the finals thread.

Lets keep the football thread to football matters.

Reply #7
This is an amazing photo.  Shows the grace, power and beauty of an athlete.  That's what the conversation should be.

It should not be about anything else.  The horrifically bad (I assume - I haven't seen them, but heard reaction) comments don't belong in society anywhere.  I don't understand how males who have daughters/wives/girlfriends, mothers, nieces etc even contemplate that, let alone post it. 

I really don't get it.  Who are these people?

I hope that the appropriate people will locate the offenders and punish them accordingly (sex offenders register gathering by reaction to the comments).  Need to ensure that people know that this is not OK and is punishable.  This is more than some people feigning offence.

Reply #8
I don't understand how such a magnificent photo could draw criticism and hatred. I don't know what the comments were but I just don't get it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #9
I don't understand how such a magnificent photo could draw criticism and hatred. I don't know what the comments were but I just don't get it.

There have been many a photo of Tayla that has captured her beautiful and unique kicking style.

The difference with this one is simple the angle the picture was taken from. Its unfortunate that many simply cannot overcome this fact and choose to objectify, rather than celebrate.

Reply #10
There are often ways to track down these people. The AFL and the police need to get a lot better at pinging a few and publicising it.

Ridiculous how many tip rat keyboard warriors there are out there who think they're protected from consequences.

You need to string up a few publicly for the rest to think twice.

Reply #11
I must be getting old. :(
All I can see is a great kicking style....the follow through leaves some of the men for dead.

...and anyone who wants to make revolting, inappropriate comments 'brain dead' >:(

Reply #12
Don't give the spineless trash any air time, what they really hate is being ignored (because that's what happens in the rest of their lives)

Reply #13
I must be getting old. :(
All I can see is a great kicking style....the follow through leaves some of the men for dead.

...and anyone who wants to make revolting, inappropriate comments 'brain dead' >:(
x2
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #14
I remember posting a few photos of Tayla and her kicking style previously on this site. I had a quick check and came across this one. There was another one in a Melbourne jumper which i can't find right now...
If nothing else, think of the marketing this girl can bring us....

She is/was a marquee player and a face of the AFLW.