Skip to main content
Topic: Rafa Nadal - 13 slams - no love here ? (Read 8252 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rafa Nadal - 13 slams - no love here ?

Reply #15
Lendl was the greatest player ever, used the small headed racquet against some of the best players tennis has seen in Edberg, Becker etc and pantsed them quite often. Brilliant player.

Actually he came out even against them. Edberg had a 14-13 record over him and he had an 11-10 record over Becker.

Yep so quite often, not all the time. ;)

I remember watching a semi-final Lendl vs Edberg Aus Open quite some time ago and I was honestly the only person in the whole stadium going for Lendl. Edberg served for the match in the fourth set but Lendl broke back and won the fifth was so good giving it to everyone in the stadium as he clawed his way back. Unfortunately he lost the final in four sets to Becker from memory.

TBH I don't watch much tennis nowadays (not like i used to) so I'm not the best judge of today's players.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #16
Agree with Agassi in his second career about his humbleness.  In the first he was a brat.

The grace of Fed on the court is amazing.  Loved both Lendl and Edberg in the 80s (and Miloslav Mecir)

Reply #17
At 27 and supremacy on clay and within 4 slams of Fed, he may just catch him .

Still remember the epic Wimbledon final from some years ago. Amazing game, amazing accomplishments from two incredible players.