Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 17133 times) previous topic - next topic

Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane

After making an ordinary team look like world beaters again in Round 11, we actually play a top 4 side: Brisbane. They may not have much more experience than we do, but they are following the coaches' instructions. We do not. They don't turn the ball over under little pressure. We do. They play with a plan. We do not.
This could be ugly.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #1
After making an ordinary team look like world beaters again in Round 11, we actually play a top 4 side: Brisbane. They may not have much more experience than we do, but they are following the coaches' instructions. We do not. They don't turn the ball over under little pressure. We do. They play with a plan. We do not.
This could be ugly.

Saw the Brissie game this weekend Crash - you could well be right - our hands will be full alright! I won't be going along, tv for me.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2
With some of our recent performances I considered not going. However, I already have paid for my seat and it is the only chance I have to see any friends. I'll be going, but I am not looking forward to it at all.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Lions by 15 goals.

Reply #5
With the coaching turmoil this week, it is very interesting to see how the players respond.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
With the coaching turmoil this week, it is very interesting to see how the players respond.

Cripps will be reported, then finish top of the Brownlow table at season end!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
Lions by 15 goals.

Is that really what you want?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #8
Honeymoon sugar hit win for Teague, Daisy back in...Blues by 21 points....

Reply #9
Honeymoon sugar hit win for Teague, Daisy back in...Blues by 21 points....

Do you really think young blokes can improve uncontested disposal efficiency and decision making in just a week?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
Do you really think young blokes can improve uncontested disposal efficiency and decision making in just a week?

Yes, because they'll actually put in alot more effort to do it correctly and focus alot more like in the Dogs and the first half of the Hawks game.

Reply #11
Yes, because they'll actually put in alot more effort to do it correctly and focus alot more like in the Dogs and the first half of the Hawks game.

So Fagan has no motivation to put the club that rubbished his mate to the sword, this could get ugly!

Teague sacked next Monday?

Someone in the media over the last few weeks described our club as chooklotto, hurts today! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12

Nth are carp but looked like supermen vs the Tigers......Lions are a young team who are probably a bit further up the ladder than they should be IMO.

Reply #13
Nth are carp but looked like supermen vs the Tigers

Norp players are Hulks compared to our kids, as are the Lions!

I'm hoping but certainly not expecting for our kids to go out there and use their emotion and motivation to physically dominate them!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
Normally you'd expect a bounce when a caretaker is appointed.

We may get that....but a more likely result is more of the same.
They're not going to improve skills and decision making  in a week.
Attitude and effort , maybe.
Will it be enough?