Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 17218 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #15
Is that really what you want?

Nothing to do with what I want, it's what I think will happen. Super coach Fagan, Hodge............

Reply #16
Normally you'd expect a bounce when a caretaker is appointed.

We may get that....but a more likely result is more of the same.
They're not going to improve skills and decision making  in a week.
Attitude and effort , maybe.
Will it be enough?

When we have put the real effort in, like 6 qtrs against the Dogs and Hawks, the skills were suddenly alot better. With effort and proper focus suddenly those things improve. There's more space ahead of you with decent, quick ball movement so hitting targets is much easier. We showed we can do it when we switch on properly.

Reply #18
Nothing to do with what I want, it's what I think will happen. Super coach Fagan, Hodge............

Well, what do you want? And, no, you can't have BB back. What would you want to see from here on?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #19
Well, what do you want? And, no, you can't have BB back. What would you want to see from here on?

Sigh. Nice to know that the last 5000 times I've addressed this has been duly noted.

I want us to be a professional football club. Nothing more, nothing less. I want us to be the Pies, Cats, Tigers, Hawks. Not knee jerk, not 80's style mid season sackings, not BS press conferences, not kowtow to power brokers. I want stability. I want everyone at the club backing each other in, on and off the field. I want a much more holistic understanding of process, history and context. I could go on, but seriously, why bother ?

Reply #20
Sigh. Nice to know that the last 5000 times I've addressed this has been duly noted.

I want us to be a professional football club. Nothing more, nothing less. I want us to be the Pies, Cats, Tigers, Hawks. Not knee jerk, not 80's style mid season sackings, not BS press conferences, not kowtow to power brokers. I want stability. I want everyone at the club backing each other in, on and off the field. I want a much more holistic understanding of process, history and context. I could go on, but seriously, why bother ?

+1.

He was under pressure for all of 4 weeks.  Ridiculous stuff.

We backed him in just two weeks ago and last week things changed.

We are reacting to north IMHO.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #21
We were a rabble last weekend.

Supporters survive on hope - hope that each year new draftees will help the team improve its position from the previous year with a premiership the ultimate goal in the years ahead.

Ask any supporter who attended the Essendon game what they thought about our progress and where we were headed
and the words hope for our future would be furthest from their minds.

Reply #22
One move I would make this week. Cripps to Full Forward all day. Prince Charles to the Centre all day to cop some serious heat and see what it feels like to be Crippa. That should wake the little prat up.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #23
+1.

He was under pressure for all of 4 weeks.  Ridiculous stuff.

We backed him in just two weeks ago and last week things changed.

We are reacting to north IMHO.

Yep.
We all knew that change was needed, but instead we made change for changes sake.
Pressure was applied and instead of considered thought we jerked our knee, played like a Dr with a little hammer.
Rinse, repeat...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #24
Was unlucky enough to see Brisbane dismantle us at the Gabba last year and they'll do the same this week. They're playing great football, great team football with everyone chipping in....about as far removed from us as you could get.

And apart from Dale Thomas, not one bloke from the VFL would be deserving of a game this week. Hopefully Simpson and McGovern are fit so that Lang, Fasolo and Kennedy can be banished to the VFL with their papers stamped.

Reply #25
In all this excitement I kinda, lost count... 

So,  punk,  who gets to flog us this week?   And where?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #26
So Fagan has no motivation to put the club that rubbished his mate to the sword, this could get ugly!

Teague sacked next Monday?

Someone in the media over the last few weeks described our club as chooklotto, hurts today! ;D

Fagan probably could give a toss. He's focussed on his own club. Just you talking crap again.

Don't care about them. Thinking we'll at least lift.

Reply #27
So Fagan has no motivation to put the club that rubbished his mate to the sword, this could get ugly!

Teague sacked next Monday?

Someone in the media over the last few weeks described our club as chooklotto, hurts today! ;D

Very much doubt that Fagan is this petty.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #28
There is no altruism in AFL, putting opponents to the sword in a vulnerable moment has very tangible long term benefits!

If you think that is incorrect, go have a discussion with Alistair The Angry Ant Clarkson and Brendan Fevola!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
One move I would make this week. Cripps to Full Forward all day. Prince Charles to the Centre all day to cop some serious heat and see what it feels like to be Crippa. That should wake the little prat up.

I was thinking about this before last weeks effort.

I've been pushing for Charlie to play on a wing, but i've had a re-think.

Charlie to CHB!

In a move that rejuvinated Waites career, moving him to CHB can give him a new lease of life.
Let him run in straight lines.
He will not be outrun and outmarked.
He will not be beaten on the ground.
It allows us to move Marchbank onto the 3rd tall, as he should, with Weitering taking #1 spot.
It also frees up our forwardline to have Harry (and Gov if he is fit) in more space there, with some more crumbers at their feet.....and a resting Cripps 1-out at FF, without being overly tall.

Personally, i'd drop Casboult for team balance to allow this to happen.

As for Teague as coach...
Knowing how he played, i think he'll reward effort. You don't have to be skillful or a high possession getter, you just have to do the team things.
As a result...
In: Polson.