Skip to main content
Topic: Membership 2017 (Read 9474 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Membership 2017

Reply #30
My daughter married a Collingwood supporter and he's a really good bloke, apart from his choice of footy team.

His sons have been brainwashed into following Collingwood, as he was, but I have plan.  Included among my youngest grandson's Christmas gifts is a navy blue ball with the CFC monogram; the thin edge of the wedge  :)
I would guarantee you 100% if someone pulled that on my girls when they were little, they would not have even touched the footy. As a wise old man once said to me as a little kid who was thinking of changing allegiance (only for a second or two ;D), "you can barrack for whoever you like...as long as its Carlton". Very much like the Godfathers "I'm gonna make him an offer he cant refuse" line. They leave an indelible impression.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #31
I would guarantee you 100% if someone pulled that on my girls when they were little, they would not have even touched the footy. As a wise old man once said to me as a little kid who was thinking of changing allegiance (only for a second or two ;D), "you can barrack for whoever you like...as long as its Carlton". Very much like the Godfathers "I'm gonna make him an offer he cant refuse" line. They leave an indelible impression.

For every story of someone defying their Carlton barracking parents to barrack for someone else, there is a story of someone defecting to Carlton from non-carlton barracking parents.

I fall into the latter category. My parents are mad Geelong fans.
Thankfully, my cousins who i used to play with when i was little used took me to Carlton games when i would visit them on weekends.

I passed on that Carlton want to a seperate cousin of mine who was came from a family of mad 'bloods' (Sydney) supporters.

My wife also defected from her dad who was a kangas supporter, now a saint.

I am worried that with so much defection in my family that my son will follow suit.

Reply #32
+1 kruddler.   Dad was an Essendon supporter.

Bullet dodged here.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson