Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2017 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Collingwood (Read 14660 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL 2017 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Collingwood

COLLINGWOOD v. NORTHERN BLUES
Round 4 - 07/05/2017
01:00
Victoria Park

Collingwood

B: 49. M. Chippendale, 35. S. McLarty, 12. M. Scharenberg
HB: 44. L. Mackie, 9. J. White, 61. N. Gray
C: 14. J.  Aish, 24. J.  Thomas, 11. J.  Blair
HF: 17. C. Brown, 23. L. Keeffe, 39. B. Crocker
F: 27. K. Kirby, 16. C. Mayne, 26. J. Daicos
R: 45. M. Lynch, 29. T. Broomhead, 33. R. Wills
Int: 60. J. Kelly, 63. M. Hore, 48. L. Tardrew, 56. S. Tahana, 59. J. Starcevich, 47. G. Borthwick, 54. J. Collopy, 66. D. Hinkley

23P: 64. C. Lane

In: T. Broomhead, M. Hore, J. Starcevich, J. Daicos, J. Collopy, C. Lane, D. Hinkley
Out: J. De Goey,  A. Woodward,  K. Beveridge

Northern Blues

B: 47. C. Sheehan, 48. K. Jaksch, 7. D. Buckley
HB: 13. C. O'Shea, 34. H. Macreadie, 62. B. Boekhorst
C: 8. L.  Russell, 24. R.  Palmer, 49. D.  Armfield
HF: 31. P. Kerr, 14. L. Jones, 42. J. Pickett
F: 51. J. Lamb, 19. H. McKay, 56. A. Gallucci
R: 15. A. Phillips, 60. D. Cuningham, 1. T. Wilson
Int: 80. M. Korcheck, 4. S. Russell, 55. L. Sumner, 16. M. Stavrou, 6. G. Strachan, 50. D. Gorringe, 67. C. Polson, 20. D. Stevens

23P: 25. K. Keppel

In: C. Sheehan, D. Gorringe, M. Korcheck, L. Sumner, L. Russell, J. Lamb, H. Macreadie
Out: K. Declase, S. Kerridge, D. Thomas

Both Collingwood and us have named pretty strong teams. Declase was probably a bit stiff to be dropped. However, it is VERY good to see Gussy Sheahan back. Hopefully he can stay on the park. Lamb and Sumner are also back from injury.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: VFL 2017 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Collingwood

Reply #1
There is no development game this week.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Gorringe is back too!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
Looks like a decent team - lets keep the ball rolling

Would like to see Pickett and Army changing positions - Pickett playing more midfield

Reply #4
Everyone who was disappointed that Cuningham or Polson didn't get selected well, this week Kerridge and Graham aren't there to get it 35 times .

Cuningham needs to get it 25+ times or have a even spread of influential possessions throughout the game, not his 10 minute burst and then disappear for 2 quarters.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #5
how many interchange players are you allowed in the VFL?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6
4 interchange players and a special, the 23rd man.

Looking at this line-up, I suggest that Lamb and Palmer have been challenged to step up. Lamb played a little in the Develoment game last week, and I presume that Gorringe did too.
Palmer has underwelmed us to this point, but he has a history of getting the ball.
Lamb was intending to spend more time on the ball: it looks like that is happening.
Sumner also needs to step up, if he is going to remain.

If they do manage to find some form, then we are MUCH better off.
Cuningham and Polson will have roles in the middle, but I don't expect them to be the primary movers around the ground. However, Collingwood would probably aim at stopping guys like Palmer first.

I would like to see Pickett is the middle, as he needs to work on his tank.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
Looking at that team the only long term injury we seem to have now is Bryne, with LeBois, SOJ and Fisher with short term injuries only. That's a very healthy list!

Would love to see Sheehan get a good run at it and have a crack at AFL level. He would bring some hardness and run off HB, and we are going to need someone to replace Simmo soon enough.

There is still a bunch of 8 mid aged blokes in that team IMO [Lamb, Sumner, Boek, Sheehan, Buckley, Gorringe, KJ, Jones] who have probably only got about 6 weeks to make a case for re-selection in the one's before their cards are finally marked for good. Army and Palmer are at the end of their useful life, but may be kept around for development or coaching purposes.

It's a strong side and great to see some pressure being put on.

Reply #8
Like the look of our side and agree Capt Crash that this looms as a good contest. Think I'll head to Victoria Park on Sunday and check it out, especially to watch some of our blokes (Cuningham?) work off the ball. Victoria Park eh? Better not smile or they'll try to steal my teeth!!  :P  ;D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #9
Looking at that team the only long term injury we seem to have now is Bryne, with LeBois, SOJ and Fisher with short term injuries only. That's a very healthy list!

Would love to see Sheehan get a good run at it and have a crack at AFL level. He would bring some hardness and run off HB, and we are going to need someone to replace Simmo soon enough.

There is still a bunch of 8 mid aged blokes in that team IMO [Lamb, Sumner, Boek, Sheehan, Buckley, Gorringe, KJ, Jones] who have probably only got about 6 weeks to make a case for re-selection in the one's before their cards are finally marked for good. Army and Palmer are at the end of their useful life, but may be kept around for development or coaching purposes.

It's a strong side and great to see some pressure being put on.

Loved the look of this guy from day 1. If his body allows him to have a decent run he's a lock in the 1s. Will take White's place in a flash.

Better version than Touhy just body keeps failing him. 

Reply #11
Holy moly.  We must be building depth.  At any given week half a dozen of those blokes were starting 22 in the seniors for much of last year.  Not a bad looking reserves side, although the enemy looks half decent on paper too.

Surely it's gotta be good for the entire club when the magoo's are strong and playing good footy.  Maybe that's where our development has been falling down over the last decade or so.  Not enough depth, not learning to play properly and win in the 2's?  Some old story I kinda remember is a bunch of Geelong kids (Bartel & co.) playing great footy in the 2's together and then replicating it in the 1's . 

Reply #12
Apparently there is live streaming of this game on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILkqZJrlxas

Massive thanks for this, Pinot. Ripper. I don't have to go to Victoria Park and risk the car getting scratched... yes, CFC emblem on the back!

Reply #13
Massive thanks for this, Pinot. Ripper. I don't have to go to Victoria Park and risk the car getting scratched... yes, CFC emblem on the back!

Shizen Victoria Park, Korchek's parents are in for a real eye opener, they have apparently flown in to watch him play!

I hope the club isn't dressing them in Carlton colours without providing a disposal poncho, and it's not for the rain!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
Drats, can't get the link to work...  :(