Skip to main content
Topic: RButR, ( ReBUTteR ) (Read 4763 times) previous topic - next topic

RButR, ( ReBUTteR )

RButR pronounced "ReBUTteR".

I thought some of you might like to take a look at this new website. www.rbutr.com  It is basically a new website that is being floated as a way to rebut information posted on the web.

The site is only in it's infancy but it appears to be a very good concept in how the web might be able to provided a forum that is difficult to hijack with private agendas.

I gather the shock jocks and editors are going to hate it for starters. If it catches any media or political spin will find it much harder to gain traction on the web. I can also see it being used by entities like sporting clubs to debunk media propagated rumors and innuendo, because you can link to specific articles as well as a published rebuttal and evidence.

People can post rebuttals of websites as per the example linked here, http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/blog/climate/mail-fake-cover

Viewers then get to read the rebuttals and place a vote.
The Force Awakens!

Re: RButR, ( ReBUTteR )

Reply #1
I don't think the people who run this website really have an understanding of how people digest information, especially on the web. Good luck to them, seems well intentioned enough but the realities of the web...

Re: RButR, ( ReBUTteR )

Reply #2
I don't think the people who run this website really have an understanding of how people digest information, especially on the web. Good luck to them, seems well intentioned enough but the realities of the web...

In the longer term the browser plugin will deliver readers notifications of rebuttals automatically, but at this stage it only works on Chrome. It will give a simple vote not dissimilar to our deposed Like / Dislike buttons, but links will open to the evidence if you want to take an in depth look.
The Force Awakens!