Skip to main content
Topic: Third Ashes Test (WACA) - The Decider ?? (Read 45711 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Third Ashes Test (WACA) - The Decider ??

Reply #30
Full marks to Smith & Haddin, the latter for the 3rd test in a row.

Watson - must be dropped. But they'll pick him again and he'll make a big 100 when the heat is off.....

I'd drop Bailey and move Watson to 6th.

Reply #31
Full marks to Smith & Haddin, the latter for the 3rd test in a row.

Watson - must be dropped. But they'll pick him again and he'll make a big 100 when the heat is off.....

I'd drop Bailey and move Watson to 6th.

Bailey is failing badly and Watson has run out of credit, both have to go.

Smith bought himself the rest of the Test series on that knock today.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #32
I'd move Watson to open as his last chance. Rogers can go and I'd drop Bailey.

Bring in Khawaja and Cowan.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #33
Perfect deck for Smith but you still have to make them. This kid could have an Test average of 50 but I reckon he'll end up mid thirties unless he tightens up his technique and that's not enough if we want to be a dominant team again.

Watson is going way to hard for a number 3. Bailey? We'll see,  certainly hope he makes it but I have my doubts. Rogers was unlucky or just a bit dumb , not making runs but not really troubled.

Get a decent three and 5 and we can challenge the best.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #34
Watson at 3 , complete failure.
A one day flat track bully, time to give him the flick
Test average of 35, if he can't bowl more than a handful of overs, he is a liability.
Any chance Shane you can play off the back foot?
Instead of trying to blast through the off side on the front foot
Mentally soft at test level.

Reply #35
Test average of 35, if he can't bowl more than a handful of overs, he is a liability.

He still hasn't figured out that his pet shot is his biggest weakness.

He still thinks he's just unlucky.

Bonehead.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #36
....and Smiths dismissal today is another example of why he won't average in the high 40's Without tightening up.

With a better technique his bat is closer to the pad and there's no chance he gets out.

Waste of a wicket.

Reply #37
Perfect deck for Smith but you still have to make them. This kid could have an Test average of 50 but I reckon he'll end up mid thirties unless he tightens up his technique and that's not enough if we want to be a dominant team again.

Watson is going way to hard for a number 3. Bailey? We'll see,  certainly hope he makes it but I have my doubts. Rogers was unlucky or just a bit dumb , not making runs but not really troubled.

Khawaja and S. Marsh.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #38

Khawaja and S. Marsh.

Maybe.

TBH I'd love a barnacle at 3 given we still have some brittleness in the line up.

Reply #39

He still hasn't figured out that his pet shot is his biggest weakness.

He still thinks he's just unlucky.

Bonehead.

You really have to wonder seeing as Di Venuto has been able to teach Lyon how to play some quality shots off the same attack.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #40
Smith lacks technique and is just an eye player who will get lucky every now and then....

The 3rd umpire system is a joke...it screwed us over in England and Root pardon the pun has been screwed over after being given out caught behind of Watson.....there was no evidence of an edge yet got given out on even after he appealed and the replays showed only the bat haviing slight contact with the pad.

The system has to be changed, this idea that you have to prove the umpire wrong isnt right and common sense needs to be shown.....

Reply #41
Sadly common sense isn't so 'common' any more.....
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #42
Sadly common sense isn't so 'common' any more.....

I reckon they should call it uncommon sense. Heheheh, made that one myself.  ;D

Reply #44
Aussies should steal the ashes from here.
IN WADA WE TRUST